Page 168 of 333 FirstFirst ... 166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 2,005 to 2,016 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    The point still remains if the guy can play (and a lot of pundits think he can), it doesn't matter if maybe he would have been a 2nd rounder next year. What is a good left tackle really worth? Definitely a 1st, 2nd and 4th.

Of course if Ozzie doesn't agree, the point is moot.
    IMO, if Johnson drops into the 20's and you only have to move up 5,6, or 7 spots then yea, you might entertain that. However, if they're talking about moving up into the top 15...I dont know. That may be a bit too rich for their blood.

Frankly, IMO, if they are going to move up and draft a tackle then they might as well go all in and move up to take Eric Fisher.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Greg Cosell‏@gregcosell

Appreciate the comments re: my draft analysis. Have gradually started some film study. Pedal to the medal when I return from NO. Thanks.

B/c some of us can't wait...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    I think Te'o's drop has much more to do with getting run over in the National Championship game than the girlfriend thing.
    It absolutely does. However, if you go back and watch that game, Alabama's OL just completely smothered ND's front 7 guys.

I mean, Louis Nix (who would have likely been a top 15 pick THIS year and will likely be a top 10 pick next year) was dominated by Chance Warmack and Barrett Jones for much of the game. T'eo had a rough game, but so did everyone on ND's defense.

I still think he has some solid value in the bottom of round 1 and while he needs some coaching, I think the natural talent is there. I wouldn't be "excited" by the pick at 32 (if they take T'eo), but I would be happy about it. It would be a smart pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I agree....but he may struggle to earn respect as a leader no matter where he goes. Let alone if he struggles with the pro transition.
    I agree that it is going to be tough, but that's why I think Baltimore would be a good spot for him. He doesn't need to be a leader in the locker room right away and frankly, Baltimore has their fair share of dummies in the locker room as well.

Respect is earned. In the locker room, respect is earned on the field. T'eo is a good player and his nature is to work hard and get better, which he has while at ND. I think he'd be a good fit. He would easily be the 2nd best LB on the team (assuming we keep Ellerbe).

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'd take him.

It's crazy because I REALLY wanted him during the college season...but I really want some guys with more speed and that are more athletic.

I'd prefer taking a guy like Elam in the first, one of Brown/Hodges/Greene in the second and a developmental guy in the third.

It is crazy though as I think he is getting over analysed since this catfish stuff broke out...its like people are looking for reasons to drop him.
    I completely agree! If he's there at 32 and Elam is off the board i'd take him in a heartbeat. The whole catfish thing is just social stupidity but on a football field he's smart, very good in coverage whether it be zone or man, he's not a world beater athlete but the thought that he's slow is way overblown.

Blog Entries

Te'o is going to be made fun of hardcore for years over this. Even in our own clubhouse id say it will happen but mostly by opposing teams and fans relentlessly. Im not sure he has the ability to rise above it. seems kind of soft mentally (the whole fake GF thing tends to point that way). So his ability on the field will have to be to the degree that its worthy. I just dont think it is. Kuechly really impressed me this year, quite frankly i didnt think he was worthy of such a high pick but I still think hes a better prospect than Te'o on the whole, which imo, makes him that borderline first rounder.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Te'o is going to be made fun of hardcore for years over this. Even in our own clubhouse id say it will happen but mostly by opposing teams and fans relentlessly. Im not sure he has the ability to rise above it. seems kind of soft mentally (the whole fake GF thing tends to point that way). So his ability on the field will have to be to the degree that its worthy. I just dont think it is. Kuechly really impressed me this year, quite frankly i didnt think he was worthy of such a high pick but I still think hes a better prospect than Te'o on the whole, which imo, makes him that borderline first rounder.
    Well, Kuechly may be the best LB prospect to come out since Patrick Willis; and I mean that in all sincerity.

However, Kuechly was WAY more athletic than T'eo and his combine numbers proved that.

IMO, after watching a lot of T'eo I think he is a lot more athletic than many are giving him credit for. He's no Patrick Willis, but IMO he may be the best all-around inside linebacker prospect in this draft. I just don't think he has as much upside as someone like Kevin Minter or Alec Ogletree, but T'eo is still pretty damn solid.

And regarding the catfish thing: The dude is just going to have to suck it up and know that he is going to be the brunt of jokes and heckling from other teams. It is going to happen. He is going to be heckled by his own teammates, regardless of what team he goes to. He's going to have to develop thick skin, get a sense of humor, and just shut people up by killing it on the football field. I think the Ravens' locker room would be a good spot for him.

I mean, who better to help T'eo get some thick skin than Flacco? That guy has been made fun of, heckled, and trashed by the media, other teams, and his own team since he was drafted. He was the SB MVP and he is STILL getting thrashed by media pundits.

I'm really feeling a Chase Thomas pick if we move up in the third. If we lose Kruger, we'll desperately need someone who can rush the passer. Thomas reminds me of a poor man's Clay Matthews. The guy just has a nose for the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Draft your LT of the future. Move up to get him.

Oh, and speed on defense. Speed at Ray's old spot. Speed at Reed's spot. Speed.
    I just can't help but think this is the right move.

ILBr and Safety are simply far easier voids to fill then LT. Mid round talent is adequate most of the time. Ihedigbo, MClellan, McLain, Bynes, possibly Ellerbe... we can get by with those guys better then playing Oher at LT, KO at RT and filling the new void at LG while also playing a young Center.

It's jsut one of those situations where we can't afford NOT t get a longterm LT sollution out of this draft or Trade season. It reminds me of a few years ago and ourCB position. Oz fille that void after the draft with Josh Wilson. So I may give him the benefit of the doubt for a bit, but at the worst I want Quessenberry out of this draft, or I will think of it as a failure... the whole draft, basically independent of who we DO get. A trade for Veldheer, or picking up Vollmer in FA wqould change that however.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    I'm really feeling a Chase Thomas pick if we move up in the third. If we lose Kruger, we'll desperately need someone who can rush the passer. Thomas reminds me of a poor man's Clay Matthews. The guy just has a nose for the ball.
    Not me. Not at all.

I'd rather the Ravens target Tank Carradine or Travis Long as a mid-round pass rusher.

Thomas was really over matched at the Senior Bowl. Maybe he was just nervous and it got to him, but he looked slow, had little ability in space, and misread a lot of plays.

Trent Murphy (also from Stanford...6'6" 261lbs) might be an interesting pick up in the 3rd or 4th rounds.
    http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-f...hy_439873.html

He was Stanford's best pass rusher by far last year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I just can't help but think this is the right move.

ILBr and Safety are simply far easier voids to fill then LT. Mid round talent is adequate most of the time. Ihedigbo, MClellan, McLain, Bynes, possibly Ellerbe... we can get by with those guys better then playing Oher at LT, KO at RT and filling the new void at LG while also playing a young Center.

It's jsut one of those situations where we can't afford NOT t get a longterm LT sollution out of this draft or Trade season. It reminds me of a few years ago and ourCB position. Oz fille that void after the draft with Josh Wilson. So I may give him the benefit of the doubt for a bit, but at the worst I want Quessenberry out of this draft, or I will think of it as a failure... the whole draft, basically independent of who we DO get. A trade for Veldheer, or picking up Vollmer in FA wqould change that however.
    I wonder if Vollmer could actually play LT though? He is a damn good RT. So, in that scenario, at worst we'd be looking at an Avg to below avg Michael Oher, but the rest of the line would be very very strong (assuming Vollmer is at RT).

I want Quessenberry as well.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    No, just stop it, we're not trading up 15 spots to get a OT who while yes, he looked great at the combine, is still actually pretty raw on film, Ozzie has never traded up THAT far before.

There are a lot of mocks going around with us taking Manti Teo at 32, I'd be pretty happy with that. I'd also be happy with Matt Elam or Tyler Eifert.
    Incorrect, Ozzie moved all the way up from the 2nd round to select Kyle Boller. He has done it before.