Page 168 of 266 FirstFirst ... 118158164165166167168169170171172178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3987
  1. #2506
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,930
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He can block better than Pitta and Dickson putt together with one arm. Well probably not that far, but we need a TE who can block and receive, Kelce fits that bill, he actually kind of reminds me of Heap.
    I like Kelce a lot.

    Nice size. Decent athleticism. Good receiver. Good blocker. His stock is on the rise too.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #2507
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,930
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I was kind of aiming it towards Burnett more than Wilson. But you bring up a good point. I'd rather sign a younger safety if possible, like Kenny Philips, if that's the route we go.
    I like Phillips a lot too. He'd be a good target. His injury history scares the crap out of me though.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #2508
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    The thing I like about Eric Reid is that he is more of a centre field man. I think he's a top 3 zone coverage safety in the draft so that was my justification.

    As for Aboushi, I watch a lot of UVA games and I think he's raw as well, but he has a lot of upside in terms of athleticism that can't be taught. Strength and technique can be and I could see him being a 2nd year starter type players (this was under the assumption we keep McKinnie)

    For a fourth rounder I like Johnson

    Next time I'll give justification haha
    I get whay you're saying about Reid, he's probably the best PURE center fielder in the draft, which is what we'd need if we don't re-sign Reed. We have Pollard who does all that dirty work, moving up into the box and literally killing folk, but I have some major concerns about Reid's lack of ability to make tackles, and get physical in the box, which at the end of the day, every safety has to do that, even cover 1 safeties. Too many times did I see Eric Reid get blasted off the ball by a big Bama lineman, or see Eddie Lacy run over his ass (then again, he did that against Rambo too).




  4. #2509

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I get whay you're saying about Reid, he's probably the best PURE center fielder in the draft, which is what we'd need if we don't re-sign Reed. We have Pollard who does all that dirty work, moving up into the box and literally killing folk, but I have some major concerns about Reid's lack of ability to make tackles, and get physical in the box, which at the end of the day, every safety has to do that, even cover 1 safeties. Too many times did I see Eric Reid get blasted off the ball by a big Bama lineman, or see Eddie Lacy run over his ass (then again, he did that against Rambo too).
    That's an extremely fair analysis, but at the same time IMO I think he has more ability than say someone like Tony Jefferson. I don't trust Rambo in coverage doing what Reed does. Unfortunately I don't see Reed coming back and FS is going to be a problem, BUT I think Reid gives us the best possible option unless we sign a vet.




  5. #2510
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,367
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    I think Boldin would be the second or third best WR for Green Bay, even though the debate was pages ago. Jones can't catch, Driver's slowed down and I'm not sure about what Cobb would do without so much attention elsewhere. Jennings is a more versatile WR when healthy. I'm not sure about Nelson.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #2511
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think Boldin would be the second or third best WR for Green Bay, even though the debate was pages ago. Jones can't catch, Driver's slowed down and I'm not sure about what Cobb would do without so much attention elsewhere. Jennings is a more versatile WR when healthy. I'm not sure about Nelson.


    I don't understand why people were getting so worked up because I said Boldin would easily put up monster numbers in GB. I never said he was as good as Jennings either, I just said Jennings is overrated, while Boldin is heavily underrated. Had Boldin played with Caldwell calling the plays since 2010, the perception would have been far different, and Boldin would have had three 1000 yard seasons. To say Boldin wouldn't even make the GB roster is absolutely ridciulous IMO.




  7. #2512
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,367
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post


    I don't understand why people were getting so worked up because I said Boldin would easily put up monster numbers in GB. I never said he was as good as Jennings either, I just said Jennings is overrated, while Boldin is heavily underrated. Had Boldin played with Caldwell calling the plays since 2010, the perception would have been far different, and Boldin would have had three 1000 yard seasons. To say Boldin wouldn't even make the GB roster is absolutely ridciulous IMO.
    Rodgers makes those guys look great. If it weren't for all of the drops and carrying on they had against the Giants, the Packers might have repeated. Finley might be the only TE to drop more easy passes than Dickson. I'm still trying to figure out how Dickson didn't drop one in the Super Bowl. Jennings, for all his arrogance, can't back it up like he used to. Driver was phased out and has now retired. I'm just not sure about Nelson.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  8. #2513
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,804

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how Dickson didn't drop one in the Super Bowl.
    He stepped up his game at the right time. He showed great concentration on the first completion when he was hit at the same time the ball got there, and on the second, if the defender isn't holding onto Dickson's facemask for dear life, I think he would have scored. I just wish the Ravens would get that kind of game from him on a consistent basis.




  9. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    He stepped up his game at the right time. He showed great concentration on the first completion when he was hit at the same time the ball got there, and on the second, if the defender isn't holding onto Dickson's facemask for dear life, I think he would have scored. I just wish the Ravens would get that kind of game from him on a consistent basis.
    I know he has shown some flashes of big play potential like when he smoked Troy P accross endzone a couple years ago. It is OK to not have everything you want in one TE though. They tend to get hurt so you need 3 or 4 of them. We got great production out of the position overall and we have a good run game even if they are not good run blockers.

    Also the GB WRs are all good and Finley is a very tough cover even if he drops a lot of easy ones, he is open. Rodgers makes them all look good, but they make him look good too. That is always a 2 way street.







  10. #2515

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I would almost want to take Austin just so nobody else ends up with him. He is going to be a coverage nightmare in the league. I can see New England taking him in the first and letting Welker walk.
    So I went and checked him out again after reading a tweet by McShay saying he may be the quickest player he's ever seen...OMG.

    In addition to the guy being an incredibly dangerous slot guy, he had a freaking game against Oklahoma where he RAN for 344+ yards in addtion to 82 receiving yards and 142 return yards. I mean I see where McShay and Jeremiah were coming from...he may be the quickest open field runner coming out of college I've ever seen...he was making Oklahoma (among basically every other defense they faced last year) absolutely silly.

    Too bad we likely won't have a spot or big need for him, but man, he has Patriot written all over him as Welkers replacement. He is going to be an incredible weapon IMHO...to bad we won't be able to keep the Baltimore guy home.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  11. #2516
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So I went and checked him out again after reading a tweet by McShay saying he may be the quickest player he's ever seen...OMG.

    In addition to the guy being an incredibly dangerous slot guy, he had a freaking game against Oklahoma where he RAN for 344+ yards in addtion to 82 receiving yards and 142 return yards. I mean I see where McShay and Jeremiah were coming from...he may be the quickest open field runner coming out of college I've ever seen...he was making Oklahoma (among basically every other defense they faced last year) absolutely silly.

    Too bad we likely won't have a spot or big need for him, but man, he has Patriot written all over him as Welkers replacement. He is going to be an incredible weapon IMHO...to bad we won't be able to keep the Baltimore guy home.
    I've fell in love with tavon Austin. I've watched him over the years at wvu. He is has incredible short area quickness and is almost impossible to tackle in space.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  12. #2517

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post


    I don't understand why people were getting so worked up because I said Boldin would easily put up monster numbers in GB. I never said he was as good as Jennings either, I just said Jennings is overrated, while Boldin is heavily underrated. Had Boldin played with Caldwell calling the plays since 2010, the perception would have been far different, and Boldin would have had three 1000 yard seasons. To say Boldin wouldn't even make the GB roster is absolutely ridciulous IMO.
    Oh really? I seem to recall you saying that Boldin was better than ALL of Green Bay's receivers.

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Does Aaron Rogers really have that many weapons? He has a lot of depth at WR and a lot of talented players, but I wouldn't say any of them are individually really great players, not even Greg Jennings. If AnQuan Boldin played for the Packers, he'd easily be their number 1 guy, I'm pretty happy with what we have at WR right now. If anything, we need a better TE to go with Pitta.
    Not going to rehash this over and over again, I have no beef with you Leach, but I really do not understand why people think that they need to trash over teams' players to make our's somehow seem better. I myself was guilty of that when I said Boldin wouldn't even make GB's roster, that was a major exaggeration and kind of a dumb thing to say, I readily admit that.

    Nobody thinks Boldin is no good, he just came off of probably the best playoff run any receiver has had since Larry Fitzgerald in 2008. But he's going to be 33 next year and he doesn't separate at all which is why he has to play in the slot. We need to at least start grooming his successor if not upgrade on the outside.




  13. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So I went and checked him out again after reading a tweet by McShay saying he may be the quickest player he's ever seen...OMG.

    In addition to the guy being an incredibly dangerous slot guy, he had a freaking game against Oklahoma where he RAN for 344+ yards in addtion to 82 receiving yards and 142 return yards. I mean I see where McShay and Jeremiah were coming from...he may be the quickest open field runner coming out of college I've ever seen...he was making Oklahoma (among basically every other defense they faced last year) absolutely silly.

    Too bad we likely won't have a spot or big need for him, but man, he has Patriot written all over him as Welkers replacement. He is going to be an incredible weapon IMHO...to bad we won't be able to keep the Baltimore guy home.
    Why not? The guy is explosive. He is sort of a cross between Harvin and Desean Jackson. You make a spot, because you always need more playmakers.







  14. #2519
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Why not? The guy is explosive. He is sort of a cross between Harvin and Desean Jackson. You make a spot, because you always need more playmakers.
    As Ozzie says bpa


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  15. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Oh really? I seem to recall you saying that Boldin was better than ALL of Green Bay's receivers.



    Not going to rehash this over and over again, I have no beef with you Leach, but I really do not understand why people think that they need to trash over teams' players to make our's somehow seem better. I myself was guilty of that when I said Boldin wouldn't even make GB's roster, that was a major exaggeration and kind of a dumb thing to say, I readily admit that.

    Nobody thinks Boldin is no good, he just came off of probably the best playoff run any receiver has had since Larry Fitzgerald in 2008. But he's going to be 33 next year and he doesn't separate at all which is why he has to play in the slot. We need to at least start grooming his successor if not upgrade on the outside.
    Boldin was able to create seperation at times with clever route running, but he is quicker than he looks when he wants to be and he is healthy. He got deep on guys faster than him and had enough seperation to body shield the grab with ease. He does not have to be in the slot to be effective. The back shoulder thing he and Joe have going now helps all his other routes open up. He is more effective in the slot, but that is usually because the matchup is more favorable. Boldin can play anywhere. I think he would be the best WR in GB. Not by much, but I bet he would be the go to guy.







Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland