Page 163 of 266 FirstFirst ... 113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3987
  1. #2431
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    We would be very lucky to get a 3rd for Grubbs. Had we had KO at LG all season, we would have had a very small drop off, if any at all, and in some cases, even an upgrade from aspects of Grubbs game which was not great for short yardage situations.




  2. #2432

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We would be very lucky to get a 3rd for Grubbs. Had we had KO at LG all season, we would have had a very small drop off, if any at all, and in some cases, even an upgrade from aspects of Grubbs game which was not great for short yardage situations.
    from what I have seen, Grubbs was better on the move(pulling) but KO might have been better at everything else. I suppose Grubbs was also a bit better against the "speed rush" but KO absolutely moves more mass in the run game and anchors against the bullrush better.

    And I'm holding out hope for 4,4,5+6 in terms of comp picks.




  3. #2433
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,814
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

    Hmmm...that's a bit tougher, so let me spin it a bit.

    I would draft Austin at 32 to be my KR/PR if Jones is not back in 2013...AND IF I planned to run 4-WR/1TE (Smith-Boldin-Doss-Austin/Pitta) quite a bit. Austin in the 2nd slot would give us more than Rice or Dickson or anyone else on the roster.
    Tavon Austin = a less brittle DeSean Jackaon. Incredible speed and quickness. Kid can stop on a dime and accelerate in a different direction. The only problem is he is on the small side. He is not a complete receiver.

    However, he is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #2434
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,814
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

    and if you honestly believe his side of the story, which IMO, is looking more likely, then he JUST found out his dead girlfriend was a hoax a few days before that game. I start to take that game with a small grain of salt as well, as his head likely was whacked...
    Also quite possible.

    Valid point man. Too often we forget that there is a human aspect to all of this. Furthermore, these are kids.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #2435
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ...somewhere on the Choptank..
    Posts
    588

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ..... Furthermore, these are kids.
    Wicked...you stole my thought. How easy is it to forget that not so long ago the biggest issue these kids were facing was which tux to rent for the prom.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"




  6. #2436
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    from what I have seen, Grubbs was better on the move(pulling) but KO might have been better at everything else. I suppose Grubbs was also a bit better against the "speed rush" but KO absolutely moves more mass in the run game and anchors against the bullrush better.

    And I'm holding out hope for 4,4,5+6 in terms of comp picks.
    It would be awesome to have three 4th round picks. It would give us a lot of room to make some moves. I honestly don't think we're going to be drafting 11 players somehow.




  7. #2437

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Does anyone have a link to a decent draft site with scouting reports? Draftcountdown doesn't have scouting reports filled in.




  8. #2438
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a decent draft site with scouting reports? Draftcountdown doesn't have scouting reports filled in.
    OT to this thread, but your on the clock on the Ravens mock draft.




  9. #2439

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a decent draft site with scouting reports? Draftcountdown doesn't have scouting reports filled in.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...13/quarterback (I'm paying $2.50 per month over 2 years)
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...raft;fastFacts (Free)
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracke...dt-by-position (Free)




  10. #2440
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,788

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    I don't see why many ppl are jumping off of the Teo bandwagon.
    To jump off you have to first be on it. I think in general Notre Dame players are overhyped by the media. That doesn't mean they aren't good players - they just aren't as good as they are made out to be.




  11. #2441
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    7,788

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Tavon Austin = a less brittle DeSean Jackaon. Incredible speed and quickness. Kid can stop on a dime and accelerate in a different direction. The only problem is he is on the small side. He is not a complete receiver.

    However, he is a threat to score every time he touches the ball.
    I would almost want to take Austin just so nobody else ends up with him. He is going to be a coverage nightmare in the league. I can see New England taking him in the first and letting Welker walk.




  12. #2442
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    To jump off you have to first be on it. I think in general Notre Dame players are overhyped by the media. That doesn't mean they aren't good players - they just aren't as good as they are made out to be.
    I hate Notre Dame, and I just loved the physical beating Alabama gave them in the BCS. Whenever Eddie Lacy got the ball, I was just laughing at how he just bulled all those overrated players over on the way to the end zone.

    CJ Moseley also showed why he's just a better player than Teo.




  13. #2443

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I would almost want to take Austin just so nobody else ends up with him. He is going to be a coverage nightmare in the league. I can see New England taking him in the first and letting Welker walk.
    I agree, that's is where I see him ultimately ending up.




  14. #2444
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,814
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    To jump off you have to first be on it. I think in general Notre Dame players are overhyped by the media. That doesn't mean they aren't good players - they just aren't as good as they are made out to be.
    Harrison Smith seems to be as good as advertised.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  15. #2445
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Harrison Smith seems to be as good as advertised.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    He had a fantastic year.

    His run defense needs to improve, but he's the perfect center fielder, he really surprised me this year, I kind of expected him to be nothing more than another Tom Zibikowski. His coverage was immense, and that's in a pass happy division, he did great for a rookie. Time will tell when we re visit this with Upshaw vs Harrison, because we had the clear choice between the two. Upshaw was spectacular in run defense, but has shown nothing as a pass rusher in his rookie year, although I have a feeling he'll eventually come into his own as a pass rusher, at least we know he can set the edge to an elite level already though.

    Another guy who had a very solid year that we had a shot at getting was Cordy Glenn. I think it was you who thought he could be a LT in this league, well so far you're right. Glenn was very solid at LT this season, and could be the Bills franchise LT for years to come. Everyone thought he'd be a guard or RT at best.

    Makes you wonder if KO could actually play LT in the NFL.




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland