Page 160 of 333 FirstFirst ... 158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,909 to 1,920 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    If you trade Rice he is not on the books at all, and you pick up a high #1 and #2 pick.
    Pierce plays under a rookie contact for 3-4 more years, and you pick up a veteran backup at RB.
    The rest is negotiable.
    Why would a team trade a 1st round pick for Rice? I don't think you'd get a high 1st round pick at all.

If you look at the teams who really need RB's there aren't too many in the top 15 that might be interested in trading a 1st rounder for Rice.

Maybe a 2nd, 3rd, and a 2nd in 2014.

The only RB I could see teams trading a 1st for is Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson. Even then...who knows because AP is what...28/29 years old?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    If you trade Rice he is not on the books at all,.
    Incorrect.

All un-accounted for Bonus Money becomes immediately DUe on the cap. It is probably in the range of $15+m in a cap hit if he were moved this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would not like that at all.

Rice is critical for this offense. You need two backs in the NFL and we're lucky enough to have 2 pro-bowl caliber backs.
    I understand that, its not something that I take lightly, but without the other parts, what good is even one great RB?
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Why would a team trade a 1st round pick for Rice? I don't think you'd get a high 1st round pick at all.

If you look at the teams who really need RB's there aren't too many in the top 15 that might be interested in trading a 1st rounder for Rice.

Maybe a 2nd, 3rd, and a 2nd in 2014.

The only RB I could see teams trading a 1st for is Arian Foster or Adrian Peterson. Even then...who knows because AP is what...28/29 years old?
    With AP's injury history, age and contract, NO way.
    Foster has a heart issue and is having open-heart surgery this offseason, so NO WAY.

IMO, Trent Richardson, Muscle Hampster and perhaps Bernard Pierce would garner the most in trade value. As, each has a relatively cheap, long deal and have littel mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Incorrect.

All un-accounted for Bonus Money becomes immediately DUe on the cap. It is probably in the range of $15+m in a cap hit if he were moved this offseason.
    Got you, thanks. I wouldn't move Pierce....nope.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Another quick 5 round mock for the Ravens including 4th and 5th round compensatories (they might get better picks but I'm being conservative).

#1. Matt Elam, FS, Florida - the best possible successor to Ed Reed in the draft, the Ravens may very well need to move up to make this pick happen. There is no way the Ravens would pass up Elam at this point for any other prospect realistically available.

#2. Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State - Wheaton could certainly go high in the 2nd but I have him slotted late as I believe teams will reach for the many "big" receivers in the class and sub-6'0 players will be devalued. However, Wheaton is a phenomenal fit for the Ravens' offense and a fine player.

#3. David Quessenberry, OT/OG/C, San Jose State - Quessenberry's 6'5 295 frame is unimpressive, but he has the feet, athleticism, and technique to stay at LT in the NFL if he is developed correctly. The Ravens value positional versatility on the OL very highly, and the ability to play all 5 positions on the line could be very helpful to Quessenberry although I don't see him having the physicality or raw strength to be an impact run blocker on the inside.

#4. Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut - Moore is a very intriguing prospect with phenomenal athletic ability who became accustomed to being used in multiple roles in college. He is probably most at home as a 4-3 OLB, but could certainly be developed into any LB position including 4-3 and 3-4 MIKE.

#4 (compensatory). Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia - Geathers is a very raw player who probably should have gone back to school for 2013, and his lack of refined technique will hurt his draft stock. He is a phenomenal athlete for 6'6 350, probably a project in the NFL, but at best he could push Cody/Kemoeatu for playing time immediately.

#5. Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado - A very raw TE prospect, Kasa would already be the best blocker at his position on our roster, but he brings surprising athleticism and quickness to the table as well. A very high upside prospect who will need to develop for at least a year or two.

#5. (compensatory) David Bass, DE, Missouri Western - A small-school prospect with big-school measurables (6'4 260 with huge 10 1/2 inch hands and 33 5/8 inch arms), Bass is going to have to prove a lot after playing against terrible competition, but there are plenty of scouts out there who feel he is one of the most physically impressive players in the entire class. Another sky-high upside pick.
    I really like this draft, Sio Moore is a guy im really high on. Early on i kinda pigeon holed him into being more of a nickel LB but the more i saw him he flashes the complete package. He's physical, moves well i space, can blitz, rush off the edge, etc. I think he's gonna be a player. Im also interested in what Geathers can bring to the table. Also like the Quessenberry pick as a developmental LT. I agree with Ravensinwoodlawn that this is the type of guy we should target at LT, 2nd or 3rd round guys with upside. Wheaton is a stud.

The team is well set up at the RB position for the future. Ray Rice is expensive, but Pierce is incredibly cheap; taken as a whole the position isn't terribly costly.

Ray Rice should last the majority of his contract which runs through 2016. Pierce is signed through 2015 and if he's not overused (doubt he will be), he can be resigned cheaply at that time and should step right in to replace Rice.

The RB position is really going to be a strength of this team in the years to come. Bernard Pierce may actually be the better pure runner, so I would like to see him get more of the hard carries between the tackles and to the edges. Ray Rice should be used like Marshall Faulk was used for the Rams during their glory days, running routes out of the backfield, blocking, and on misdirection runs/tosses/etc.

The team is well set up at the RB position for the future. Ray Rice is expensive, but Pierce is incredibly cheap; taken as a whole the position isn't terribly costly.

Ray Rice should last the majority of his contract which runs through 2016. Pierce is signed through 2015 and if he's not overused (doubt he will be), he can be resigned cheaply at that time and should step right in to replace Rice.

The RB position is really going to be a strength of this team in the years to come. Bernard Pierce may actually be the better pure runner, so I would like to see him get more of the hard carries between the tackles and to the edges. Ray Rice should be used like Marshall Faulk was used for the Rams during their glory days, running routes out of the backfield, blocking, and on misdirection runs/tosses/etc.
    Funny you say Marshall Faulk, being that he played for Indy(Caldwell) and St Louis(Wil Montgomery).

If Rice finishes as a third down back, the Cheap Pierce will allow that not to be a big deal, as long as Pierce continues to be what we think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I agree...id like us to get away from the one dimensional run stopping defensive linemen.

Concur. I want quick footed dudes with violent hands
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Incorrect.

This IMO is an excellent clause and makes perfect sense WRT the team and the player.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm really hoping for Sharriff Floyd, Kawann Short, or Sheldon Richardson to drop to us, they are a perfect fit for what we need, and can slot right in next to Ngata.

Another quick 5 round mock for the Ravens including 4th and 5th round compensatories (they might get better picks but I'm being conservative).

#1. Matt Elam, FS, Florida

#2. Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State

#3. David Quessenberry, OT/OG/C, San Jose State

#4. Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut

#4 (compensatory). Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia

#5. Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado

#5. (compensatory) David Bass, DE, Missouri Western
    There is a lot to like in this mock. I was fiddling around today at work and came up with this (actually thinking along your conservative lines for the compensatory picks). Here is my initial 5-rounder with no details:

1. Datone Jones (DE, UCLA)
    2. Khaseem Greene (LB, Rutgers)
    3. Stedman Bailey (WR, West Virginia)
    4. Gavin Escobar (TE, San Diego State)
    4. Terron Armstead (OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff)
    5. Kwame Geathers (DT, Georgia)
    5. Josh Evans (S, Florida)