Page 159 of 266 FirstFirst ... 109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3987
  1. #2371
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ...somewhere on the Choptank..
    Posts
    588

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread



    Can we draft Youboty so we can nickname him, "Sheik"?
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"




  2. #2372
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,019
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'd take McKinnie over Bushrod.

    Right now the players I want from the first three rounds:
    Kevin Minter
    Brandon Williams
    Chris Faulk (IF Reed is re-signed, if not, then I'd like Rambo)

    Eric Reid is also someone I'd like in the second round, not sure out of him an Rambo. I like Philip Thomas too. Of course I'd love Matt Elam in the second round, but I just don't see him sticking around that long.
    Reid hasn't been the same with Mathieu gone. Mathieu was the Ed Reed of that defense and despite the great size that Eric Reid has he's just not ever going to be the guy at safety. He seems to be able to either focus on pass or on the run but not both. If the NFL he's going to bite on a lot for the first couple of seasons. Elam is who we want at Safety but I'm not even sure he makes it to our 1st round pick. I can't see him being their by our 2nd round pick.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  3. #2373

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjcPccFogu4

    Ok...finally found some tape on Xavier Boyce (6'4 220 lb WR from Norfolk State).
    I barely got two minutes deep into Xavier Boyce's tape and he is horrible.
    Doesn't use his size at all. Bad hands. Slow footed. Average speed.

    Ok...skipped ahead a bit and he's still bad.




  4. #2374

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not a fan of Bishop.

    IMHO...we need someone faster that will cover a lot of ground...we already have a thumper in Pollard.

    Definitely not a starter. He would be depth and outstanding on ST.




  5. #2375

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Reid hasn't been the same with Mathieu gone. Mathieu was the Ed Reed of that defense and despite the great size that Eric Reid has he's just not ever going to be the guy at safety. He seems to be able to either focus on pass or on the run but not both. If the NFL he's going to bite on a lot for the first couple of seasons. Elam is who we want at Safety but I'm not even sure he makes it to our 1st round pick. I can't see him being their by our 2nd round pick.
    I love Elam too, and I'd hope he makes it there with our pick. I always get scared when Oz trades out of the first round to get more picks, but, you can't argue with the success of the 2012 draft.




  6. #2376

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    So from the perspective of fit or "what I think we need", my WR board is below.
    Assumption 1: Boldin and JJ12 will be back and in their 2012 positions (slot and #3/X respectively)

    1st - No one
    2nd - Quinton Patton LATech
    3rd - Studman Bailey WVU, Markus Wheaton ORSt, DeAndre Hopkins Clemson, Tavarres King UGA (all four in the top-half of the 3rd)
    4th - Uzoma Nwachukwu TX A&M
    5th - Chad Bumphis MSST, Darius Johnson SMU

    While their skill strength and production vary, each of these guys is a technician...not an athlete playing the position.
    I think the best technician is Studman. I think the best athlete is Nwachukwu. The best hands belong to Darius Johnson.

    Nwachukwu and Bumphis will not be at the Combine...and that's great for us and the other teams that don't value the Combine all that much. FWIW...King and Nwachukwu (the latter IMO has feature WR talent, despite how he was used at TX A&M) are alike. Wheaton and Johnson are also alike.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 02-10-2013 at 12:28 PM.




  7. #2377

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    I would love for us to get the Honey Badger at some point. If we brought back Reed, and he took Mathieu under his wing, he could take Reed's place as best ballhawk in the NFL when he retires. I feel the same about the dude from NC State.

    Who do you guys like for the first round? Some kids I'm keeping my eye on:
    LB Alec Ogletree. Would love this guy, the one prospect I want the most.
    LB Kevin Minter.
    DT Sheldon Richardson. Would really help our run D.
    DE Sam Montgomery.
    DT Shariff Floyd.
    DT Jesse Williams.
    LB Manti Te'o. I would really love this if not for the championship game and the whole girlfriend hoax.
    WR Cordarrelle Patterson. Will probably boost his stock way up before the draft, but if this guy were somehow there when we are up to pick, I think it'd be hard to pass on his playmaking ability.




  8. #2378

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    So from the perspective of fit or "what I think we need", my WR board is below.
    Assumption 1: Boldin and JJ12 will be back and in their 2012 positions (slot and #3/X respectively)

    1st - No one
    2nd - Quinton Patton LATech
    3rd - Studman Bailey WVU, Markus Wheaton ORSt, DeAndre Hopkins Clemson, Tavarres King UGA (all four in the top-half of the 3rd)
    4th - Uzoma Nwachukwu TX A&M
    5th - Chad Bumphis MSST, Darius Johnson SMU

    While their skill strength and production vary, each of these guys is a technician...not an athlete playing the position.
    I think the best technician is Studman. I think the best athlete is Nwachukwu. The best hands belong to Darius Johnson.

    Nwachukwu, Bumphis and Johnson will not be at the Combine...and that's great for us and the other teams that don't value the Combine all that much. FWIW...King and Nwachukwu (the latter IMO has feature WR talent, despite how he was used at TX A&M) are alike. Wheaton and Johnson are also alike.
    So you do not like Tavon Austin?




  9. #2379

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So you do not like Tavon Austin?
    I love him dearly lol, but my assumption of Boldin coming back in 2013 and playing the slot takes Austin out of the mix. He can't play out wide at his size. If Boldin is not around for 2013 than I will put Austin in the 1st round b/c he would be our 2013 slot WR.

    Bumphis played the slot at MSST, but I think he could play the #2 due to his build.
    Johnson's hands are so good that I'm willing to let him develop in 2013 before replacing Boldin in the slot in 2014.
    I would do the same thing for Austin, but no one could justify not starting 1st round WR. Justifying Johnson is easy b/c he's a 5th rounder.




  10. #2380

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post

    Who do you guys like for the first round? Some kids I'm keeping my eye on:
    LB Alec Ogletree. Would love this guy, the one prospect I want the most. (Like but gone)
    LB Kevin Minter. (Top ILB prospect, but plays too inconsistently for a 1st rounder IMO)
    DT Sheldon Richardson. Would really help our run D. (Love but gone)
    DE Sam Montgomery. (Haven't watched him)
    DT Shariff Floyd. (Love but gone)
    DT Jesse Williams. (Like and may be available)
    LB Manti Te'o. I would really love this if not for the championship game and the whole girlfriend hoax. (Don't like. Don't want)
    WR Cordarrelle Patterson. Will probably boost his stock way up before the draft, but if this guy were somehow there when we are up to pick, I think it'd be hard to pass on his playmaking ability. (Like but gone)
    ...




  11. #2381

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I love him dearly lol, but my assumption of Boldin coming back in 2013 and playing the slot takes Austin out of the mix. He can't play out wide at his size. If Boldin is not around for 2013 than I will put Austin in the 1st round b/c he would be our 2013 slot WR.

    Bumphis played the slot at MSST, but I think he could play the #2 due to his build.
    Johnson's hands are so good that I'm willing to let him develop in 2013 before replacing Boldin in the slot in 2014.
    I would do the same thing for Austin, but no one could justify not starting 1st round WR. Justifying Johnson is easy b/c he's a 5th rounder.
    OK, I see that.
    If Jacoby were the casualty would that change your mind? As Austin could fill both of Jacoby's roles as well.




  12. #2382

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    OK, I see that.
    If Jacoby were the casualty would that change your mind? As Austin could fill both of Jacoby's roles as well.
    Hmmm...that's a bit tougher, so let me spin it a bit.

    I would draft Austin at 32 to be my KR/PR if Jones is not back in 2013...AND IF I planned to run 4-WR/1TE (Smith-Boldin-Doss-Austin/Pitta) quite a bit. Austin in the 2nd slot would give us more than Rice or Dickson or anyone else on the roster.




  13. #2383

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Hmmm...that's a bit tougher, so let me spin it a bit.

    I would draft Austin at 32 to be my KR/PR if Jones is not back in 2013...AND IF I planned to run 4-WR/1TE (Smith-Boldin-Doss-Austin/Pitta) quite a bit. Austin in the 2nd slot would give us more than Rice or Dickson or anyone else on the roster.
    Anquan still provides value on the outside. If Jones is gone, IMO I'd be all over Austin. I see star potential, for Austin to be the better version of Percy Harin, hopefully without the injury issues.




  14. #2384
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,306

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Does Aaron Rogers really have that many weapons? He has a lot of depth at WR and a lot of talented players, but I wouldn't say any of them are individually really great players, not even Greg Jennings. If AnQuan Boldin played for the Packers, he'd easily be their number 1 guy, I'm pretty happy with what we have at WR right now. If anything, we need a better TE to go with Pitta.
    Sorry, but Jordy Nelson is definitely a better player than Boldin right now. Really underated IMO.




  15. #2385
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,306

    Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    And yet people are claiming that Boldin wouldn't make the GB roster, yet I don't see where the great Greg Jennings was against the same team Boldin ran over.

    Here's another overrated player before this year, Jermichael Finley. For whatever reason, folk were putting him up there with the likes of Grontkowski, he's not even close. People have figured out that he's just an average TE that is explosive, but has really bad hands. Aaron Rogers is just very very good.
    Finley is an athlete. That's it. Honestly even some of by friends who are green-bay friends want his ass off the team. The dude can't catch, simple as that.




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland