Page 157 of 333 FirstFirst ... 155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 1,873 to 1,884 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Possibly he's already considering Flacco's Tag into the picture?

I jsut don't see why he should be trusted about who we might cut when his cap figure is so far off...
    Very true, overall, I'm not buying this at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Denver has 2 TE's Driessen and Tamme. GB Finley, Seattle has a TE they like but could pull the trigger, SD has Gates. Doubt take TE that early in thier spot. Chicago looking for Lb's & OL, Arizona not sure but they may need QB and are drafting pretty high and need a major impact player on both sides. Thier are TWO good first round elite TE prospects. You are correct Fletcher is signed with Washington. Shefter figures are way off on being 5 Million over.
    Eiffert and/or Ertz are MUCH better than Driessen or Tamme. If Peyton asked for one of those guys, I don't think they would bat an eye.

Finley is out in Green Bay. He's a FA, Rogers doesn't care for him, he is athletic, but sucks as a blocker and has inconsistent hands.

Chicago does need OL and LB's, but they've also blatantly stated numerous times how bad of an idea it was to trade away Greg Olsen because now outside of Marshall, they have no one to throw it to.

I'm not disagreeing with you that if Eiffert or Ertz drop the Ravens should consider them, however I'm not convinced that someone like Escobar, Williams, or Travis Kelce wouldn't be better value later in the draft allowing the Ravens to potentially target a Matt Elam or someone of that nature in the 1st two rounds.

That's a tough decision.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Possibly he's already considering Flacco's Tag into the picture?

I jsut don't see why he should be trusted about who we might cut when his cap figure is so far off...
    He said that we'd be 20 over if we tag flacco. His five over figure is ot including flacco at any contract. Not sure where that comes from at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Eiffert and/or Ertz are MUCH better than Driessen or Tamme. If Peyton asked for one of those guys, I don't think they would bat an eye.

Finley is out in Green Bay. He's a FA, Rogers doesn't care for him, he is athletic, but sucks as a blocker and has inconsistent hands.

Chicago does need OL and LB's, but they've also blatantly stated numerous times how bad of an idea it was to trade away Greg Olsen because now outside of Marshall, they have no one to throw it to.

I'm not disagreeing with you that if Eiffert or Ertz drop the Ravens should consider them, however I'm not convinced that someone like Escobar, Williams, or Travis Kelce wouldn't be better value later in the draft allowing the Ravens to potentially target a Matt Elam or someone of that nature in the 1st two rounds.

That's a tough decision.
    I know Denver..being I live their part time, is looking at DB's & Safety help. They dont need offense they score plenty. Chicago has plenty of $ tied up on offense Marshall, 2 Rb's and Jeffreys( who was very good before getting hurt) they could take a TE however, but have other pressing needs. GB's problem is both lines and and MAJOR holes on defense. They score plenty also. I am not against Matt Elam or Reid as a safety, but think they will drop into the lower second round like to se the Ravens trade thier 2nd round selection + 4th rounder & later round pick to move up to the top of round 2 to get BOTH a quallity TE and S/Defensive player of impact. No way 11 picks can be used effectively to make the team.

Ravor has been doing this cap stuff for years and he has ALWAYS...ALWAYS been at least within a million of the actual figures.

Given a gap this large, I definitely believe Ravor over Shefter.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Ravor has been doing this cap stuff for years and he has ALWAYS...ALWAYS been at least within a million of the actual figures.

Given a gap this large, I definitely believe Ravor over Shefter.
    :word

Blog Entries

Also a distinct possibility. Though, I will say that Schefter doesn't usually say things unless he hears it from somewhere...

So, it is possible that someone told him this.
    I saw the piece on tv earlier today. Not knocking the guy, but for all the information /context he provided (which is none) he could have just lifted the info in his report from the idle speculation from this board. Not that it's an outlandish thing to think -- Boldin is an obvious candidate to become a cap casualty, that isn't news. To us anyway.

But he didn't suggest or provide any info -- just threw it all out there. Not a major story, nothing we didn't already know, and no value-add to the story to suggest he had info from inside the Castle about who was going to be cut, etc. Nothing of the sort.

Blog Entries

I also have to question his sources, there is no way anybody inside the Ravens organization would reveal anything like that in SB week?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I also have to question his sources, there is no way anybody inside the Ravens organization would reveal anything like that in SB week?
    Not anyone of consequence at least.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Not anyone of consequence at least.
    I can't imagine anyone in the organization has approached any Raven player during the playoffs to tell them they were going to be released and weren't coming back. That would be beyond stupid.

Premature draft talk.

Given that we have so many young guys, so many guys on IR and probably 11 draft picks i'd like to see them trade into next year like maybe a 3 and a 4 for somebody's 2 next year. I don't recall Oz ever doing that but belichek worked it very well for several years there. Once it gets going it seems like a team can continue in that vein if a good trade is available. Seems like the main problem is to have a stockpile of players and picks to get it started. Also next year Kruger and maybe Reed and Williams will bring decent comp picks and it doesn't likely that we will spend much on free agents this year.,

Re: Premature draft talk.

There's almost a 100 page thread dedicated to draft talk.