Page 156 of 333 FirstFirst ... 154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,872 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    According the Skins site, he is a FA. Pollard and Suggs are good leaders, but Suggs is not a rah, rah guy. I'm just speaking on the defensive side of the ball. You could get Fletcher for slightly over the minimum. Plus, Ellerbe and McClain have been injury prone, like some experience back thier, instead of Bynes/McCllenan we saw what happened when they played.
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washingto...ndon-fletcher/

On April 13, 2012 he signed a 2 year extension through the 2014 season.

From the Redskins website:
    http://www.redskins.com/news-and-eve...a-3bc57d3015bf
    Looking ahead to 2013, Fletcher has still not given any public indication for whether or not he intends to play. According to teammate and close personal friend Lorenzo Alexander, he hasn't told the team yet either.
    As in, whether or not he will retire.

Their website also lists him on the active roster...so, not sure where you're getting that info from. Can you provide a link?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

New England is a team to watch on the TE front with Gronk, Hernandez, Hoomanawanui, Jake Ballard(remember him lol) and Daniel Fells...cant keep everybody.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Again, a rookie and a vet minimum saves us $400k. Would you rather have Dickson/rookie with $400k more on our cap or Bajema/rookie and save $400k. Veteran minimum TEs are guys like Bajema or Tony Stewart....guys that are on their last legs in the NFL usually.

Also, your "young emerging LB" (born 1985) is actually older than your "declining TE" (born 1987). The way you worded it, you would think Ellerbe was 24, 25 and Dickson was 30. Also, as I referenced in my last post, I think it's a bit curious that you are so down on Dickson for underperforming for a year and a half while forgetting about the two seasons where Ellerbe disappointed to the point he rarely saw the field.
    Well, I think it is pretty clear why Dickson didn't see much action. Having nothing to do with Pitta's success, Dickson drops way too many passes and he is a below average blocker.

He is athletic as hell and he makes some nice catches here and there, but the reality is that he has dropped multiple critical passes where he was wide open. The guy is just inconsistent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    New England is a team to watch on the TE front with Gronk, Hernandez, Hoomanawanui, Jake Ballard(remember him lol) and Daniel Fells...cant keep everybody.
    I really like Jake Ballard. Good receiver. Excellent blocker. The Giants were pissed that Belichik poached him.

Fells is the odd man out there though.

Rotoworld is relaying a report from Adam Schefter that the Ravens may release Boldin after the Super Bowl. He also noted that Jacoby Jones is a possible release candidate as well.

Not relaying anything we haven't already discussed, but it is what it is. Apparently Schefter believes we're $5m OVER the 2013 cap as it stands... not sure where that number came from as it disagrees with most of the cap figures I've seen thus far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Rotoworld is relaying a report from Adam Schefter that the Ravens may release Boldin after the Super Bowl. He also noted that Jacoby Jones is a possible release candidate as well.

Not relaying anything we haven't already discussed, but it is what it is. Apparently Schefter believes we're $5m OVER the 2013 cap as it stands... not sure where that number came from as it disagrees with most of the cap figures I've seen thus far.
    Well, I'd hate to say that I am miffed/surprised...but I'm really not.

My guess is they are going to clear as much cap space as possible before FA starts so that they can get Joe under wraps. Once that happens (deal or tag), then they'll approach Boldin, Jacoby, and whomever else about coming back.

I'd also like to think that they have already discussed this with Boldin and maybe he isn't interested in taking a pay cut, but wants to test the market, see what his value is, and then give the Ravens first right of refusal.

Blog Entries

Where is Shefter getting that figure from? I doubt we are over $5M, we haven't even dealth with our ERFAs yet, how can we be over 5 million?

Or, perhaps this is someone who knows as much or less about this then us, and simply looked at a list of salaries and saw two obvious cap clearingpossibilities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Or, perhaps this is someone who knows as much or less about this then us, and simply looked at a list of salaries and saw two obvious cap clearingpossibilities.
    Also a distinct possibility. Though, I will say that Schefter doesn't usually say things unless he hears it from somewhere...

So, it is possible that someone told him this.

Blog Entries

Ravor has said that we are 12.296 under, I really don't in any sense see how we can possible be 5 million over, Shefter is wrong.

I can see the Jacoby and Boldin report being true, just the figure he's reporting that I have an issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I disagree.

Green Bay, Denver, Seattle, and Atlanta are all picking right around there and all four of them could make a play for Eiffert and/or Ertz.

Secondly, that's not even factoring in teams like Chicago, Arizona, or San Diego who could try and trade back up in front of the Ravens/Niners to target one of those TE's.
    Denver has 2 TE's Driessen and Tamme. GB Finley, Seattle has a TE they like but could pull the trigger, SD has Gates. Doubt take TE that early in thier spot. Chicago looking for Lb's & OL, Arizona not sure but they may need QB and are drafting pretty high and need a major impact player on both sides. Thier are TWO good first round elite TE prospects. You are correct Fletcher is signed with Washington. Shefter figures are way off on being 5 Million over.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ravor has said that we are 12.296 under, I really don't in any sense see how we can possible be 5 million over, Shefter is wrong.

I can see the Jacoby and Boldin report being true, just the figure he's reporting that I have an issue with.

Possibly he's already considering Flacco's Tag into the picture?

I jsut don't see why he should be trusted about who we might cut when his cap figure is so far off...