Page 135 of 333 FirstFirst ... 133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,609 to 1,620 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    This really isn't true. Ertz is probably not going to reach the Ravens at pick 61/62, so we'd have to trade up into the mid 2nd round to get him. Mid 2nd rounders have first year cap #s that aren't that far apart from the $1.3 million that Dickson will make. At most, cutting Dickson to draft Ertz might save $300-$400k, which is peanuts.
    Ertz is a good catcher of the football, but I would disagree with his blocking ability.

But I also don't think Otten is a good blocker either. Maybe we're just trying to figure out where to slot him for the other 31 teams' perspective, not so that we can grab him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I believe in priorities, but I also believe in opportunities.
    If we don't snag one of these 6'5+ 255+ TEs this spring then we had better snag a capable 6'3/6'4 LB, safety or CB to defend against them.
    Zaviar Gooden (LB, Missouri) is really fast and is probably a 4th rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Don't rule out a pass rusher if one drops.

Alex Okafor, Dion Jordan, Sam Montgomery, or someone like that could very well drop.
    Datone Jones?

Knighton is a guy i'd love to see added but it really depends on how long some of these guys are willing to wait. I think Oz and co will obviously be looking to squaring away the situations of Flacco, Ellerbe and Kruger first. I also think they try to see if they can get Mckinnie back at a fair price. After all those dominoes fall i think you see him bargain shop, the only way i see true money being spent on guys outside of those 4 is if they strike out with Kruger or Ellerbe and we are forced to try to fill a void before the draft. Im praying and crossing fingers we can keep all 4 guys, even if we did nothing else in FA how great would it be to be able to go into the draft set like that. Draft a LT prospect that can afford to sit in the 2nd or 3rd instead of in the first. Grab a ILB to pair with Ellerbe for the next 4 to 5 yrs instead of drafting a guy you have to expect to be the man from day one. Draft sub packages rushers instead of the pressure of finding a steady rush opposite Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Zaviar Gooden (LB, Missouri) is really fast and is probably a 4th rounder.
    He's probably the fastest LB in this draft.

Not physical at all though.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    So, if T'eo falls to us in Round 1...would you be satisfied if they took him?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, if T'eo falls to us in Round 1...would you be satisfied if they took him?
    God knows I'm not always right about my hunches, but I think he is pretty overrated and I would be disappointed if the Ravens picked him. I felt that way before the imaginary girlfriend thing.

The last time I had such a strong negative sense about a player before the draft, I said whoever took Sergio Kindle would be making a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    This really isn't true. Ertz is probably not going to reach the Ravens at pick 61/62, so we'd have to trade up into the mid 2nd round to get him. Mid 2nd rounders have first year cap #s that aren't that far apart from the $1.3 million that Dickson will make. At most, cutting Dickson to draft Ertz might save $300-$400k, which is peanuts.
    Ertz will be a stud Gronk type. Way better than Dickson in every way. Save a little money by not tendering Dickson. That combo of Pitta/Ertz would be lethal for Joe and help the run game. Both Dickson and Pitta will be UFA in 2014. Ertz likely late round first or early second. As far as contracts of Ertz and Dickson it will be close to a wash, but save $ buy having better player at same position and almost is like having a first rounder for free salary wise with the loss of Dickson who will be UFA in 2014. Ertz 6'6" is redzone target bigtime. Also catches the longball well. Effiert is good too, but not as good a blocker. Ertz great value pick and mismatch vs Lb's and Cb's. Plus you have Ertz for 4 years. No solid LT's or Pass rushers will be available when Ravens draft anyway. You can snag a C in round 2 or 3 if they dont like Gradkowski. WR crop is also very weak.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ben Grubbs was also supposed to be a "high priority" FA last year, we offered him the same contract as NO did, but he wanted to play in New Orleans. Terrence Knighton may not even want to be in Jacksonville after all the losing seasons, and the fact that he was benched half way through the season.

New Orleans gave him alot more guarenteed $ than the Ravens did.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Ertz will be a stud Gronk type. Way better than Dickson in every way. Save a little money by not tendering Dickson. That combo of Pitta/Ertz would be lethal for Joe and help the run game. Both Dickson and Pitta will be UFA in 2014. Ertz likely late round first or early second. As far as contracts of Ertz and Dickson it will be close to a wash, but save $ buy having better player at same position and almost is like having a first rounder for free salary wise with the loss of Dickson who will be UFA in 2014. Ertz 6'6" is redzone target bigtime. Also catches the longball well. Effiert is good too, but not as good a blocker. Ertz great value pick and mismatch vs Lb's and Cb's. Plus you have Ertz for 4 years. No solid LT's or Pass rushers will be available when Ravens draft anyway. You can snag a C in round 2 or 3 if they dont like Gradkowski. WR crop is also very weak.
    I'm guessing that if the Ravens do drop Leach like many expect your prediction makes sense; we know what we have in Dickson. He's an OK blocker and an inconsistent pass-catcher. Furthermore it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that he is gone in at least 2014. If we're getting rid of Leach we'll be running a lot more 2 TE sets and having a competent guy there would be invaluable.

If by "OK blocker", you mean he sometimes finds himself between the guy with the ball and somebody with a different color shirt on, then yeah, he's an OK blocker.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Ertz doesn't really stand out to me, Tyler Eifert looks way better IMO. I wouldn't be against spending a first round pick on Eifert, it could be like a Todd Heap type pick.