Page 130 of 333 FirstFirst ... 128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,549 to 1,560 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    None of us know how good Gino is at this point, we don't know how the team view him. Right now, my money is on Gino starting next year, but that doesn't mean he will. We also spent a 4th round pick on Christian Thompson and literally nobody here thinks he's going to be starting next season. I think the Ravens would be crazy NOT to bring in some competition in for Gino, but it will more likely come through FA. I do like Ryan Otten though, he could come in and compete with Dickson.
    Keep in mind that someone like Jack Cornell could be given the opportunity.

The Ravens also have Antione McClain and Reggie Stephens on the practice squad. Both are interior linemen.

I also think a FA vet center is more likely than two young guys...
    Fernando Velasco, Dan Koppen, Chris Spencer...

Personally, I think Gino is going to be fine simply because he'll have Yanda and KO lined up right beside him. I'm sure he'll have his bumps along the way, but considering he's been active with the team all year long clearly - to me - shows that the coaches are good with him if Birk were to go down for any length of time.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Happened to catch Quesenberry in drills the other day. Aside from Fisher he looked like the best LT prospect of the ones they showed, and was definitely getting talked up by Mayock and the other guy. Seemed to swallow up the rushers, and was able to "re-anchor" well after getting moved. Very solid guy, looked tough to beat, and was described as the type who will keep getting better at the pro level.
    I like him a lot too. He may not be 6'8" or anything, but the guy is a SOLID 295-300lbs. As long as he has the footwork, the rest is easy to coach.

Blog Entries

And his brother is at the Naval Academy...so that's cool.

Blog Entries

He seems like a flawless character concern type pick to from what I've read on him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    None of us know how good Gino is at this point, we don't know how the team view him. Right now, my money is on Gino starting next year, but that doesn't mean he will. We also spent a 4th round pick on Christian Thompson and literally nobody here thinks he's going to be starting next season. I think the Ravens would be crazy NOT to bring in some competition in for Gino, but it will more likely come through FA. I do like Ryan Otten though, he could come in and compete with Dickson.
    If reed leaves... I think thompson will start. Unless of course we get elam. Hes the next best safety on the team at that point.
    -JAB

Cool Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    And his brother is at the Naval Academy...so that's cool.

Wicked,

A few of the mock drafts have the Ravens picking DT Sheldon Richardson of Missouri in the first. Other than the fact that he appears to be a top 20 pick and would really have to drop for us to have a chance at him, what are your thoughts on him and whether he would fit in on our defense?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    Wicked,

A few of the mock drafts have the Ravens picking DT Sheldon Richardson of Missouri in the first. Other than the fact that he appears to be a top 20 pick and would really have to drop for us to have a chance at him, what are your thoughts on him and whether he would fit in on our defense?
    I like Richardson a lot. He's a hell of a pass rusher.

I'm not sure he'd be a good fit in the Ravens' D though. I think he is similar to Pernell McPhee, which isn't a bad thing.

That said, I don't see how he'd get to us at 31 or (hopefully) 32.

Quesenberry looked pretty good in 1 on 1's on Weds.
    Wagner looked bad...heavy footed, off balance, over-matched. Not sure I would take him for depth from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Quesenberry looked pretty good in 1 on 1's on Weds.
    Wagner looked bad...heavy footed, off balance, over-matched. Not sure I would take him for depth from what I saw.
    He's had a miserable week of practice. Definitely not as high on him as I used to be. He looked better on tape but obviously Wisconsin's excellent OL staff knew how to mask his inadequacies. He's fallen way behind a bunch of other guys at this point, Quessenberry being one of them, as mid-round LT possibilities.

If Lane Johnson lasts to 32, I think there's a really good chance he'll be the Ravens pick, actually. Not sure they'd take him over Elam, but Elam might not be there.

Blog Entries

Lane Johnson would be a nice addition, IMO.

Though, I think his stock is going to skyrocket.

We have to be looking at someone like Johnson, Elam, vaccaro, minter, teo, floyd, Shortt with our first. Unless someone unexpected drops I'd be pretty upset of we went elsewhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    We have to be looking at someone like Johnson, Elam, vaccaro, minter, teo, floyd, Shortt with our first. Unless someone unexpected drops I'd be pretty upset of we went elsewhere.
    Don't rule out a pass rusher if one drops.

Alex Okafor, Dion Jordan, Sam Montgomery, or someone like that could very well drop.