Page 129 of 333 FirstFirst ... 127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,537 to 1,548 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    Don Banks' first mock has Manti Te'o going to the Ravens at 31. Boo on 2 counts - one, drafting Te'o that high, and two, drafting 31 and not 32.
    I don't see the Ravens drafting Te'o. I don't want him either. We don't need a slow inside linebacker.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
    Source on Te'o: "He won't go second round because he got Catfished. He'll go second round because he's a slow inside 'backer."
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 01-24-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yeah, not a fan of Jenkins or drafting a pure NT in the first round.

I'd rather try and sign Casey Hampton for a year or 2 and look for a pure space eater later in the draft...let him develop.
    Like this approach as well, also this would allow to draft a guy that might have 3 down potential but needs grooming as far as pure NT responsibilities

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don't see the Ravens drafting Te'o. I don't want him either. We don't need a slow inside linebacker.

Source on Te'o: "He won't go second round because he got Catfished. He'll go second round because he's a slow inside 'backer."
    I think slow is a stretch, in a 3-4 i think he'll be more then capable of handling coverage responsibilities because he's smart and instinctive. I think he can redirect TE's, cover the flat, etc. I dont think he's gonna be able to man up on a 3rd down back split wide and have much success but what 3-4 ILB would? not many

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

He may be a little right about that, but Matt Miller doesn't know what he's talking about and is terrible, and guess what? He works for Bleacher report of all places.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He may be a little right about that, but Matt Miller doesn't know what he's talking about and is terrible, and guess what? He works for Bleacher report of all places.
    He is quoting a source though. Doesn't mean the source he's quoting knows anything either though.

Blog Entries

T'eo may not be a blazer, but we have no idea how fast he is or is not.

If he gets out there and runs a 4.5 40-yard dash, then people are going to be changing their tune quite a bit.

I think he is going to drop in the draft, but I don't know how far. Notre Dame didn't play a lot of top tiered opponents and he played behind a pretty mammoth DL...so, I think those things are what people are going to be looking at during the combine.

Also, athlete linebackers don't always work out either. Look at Tarvares Gooden. Dude ran down Adrian Peterson. Couldn't play ball worth a lick though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

San Jose guard/center David Quessenberry (6'5, 294 lbs) has been trending up according to scouts. A little known prospect who had a fifth round evaluation has now supposedly been considered a 3rd round option for team scouts. He can play guard and center, and can even cover tackle, said to be a great locker room leader for the San Jose team. His team mate Ryan Otten who plays TE for them is also trending in the right direction, he has been caught with an illness, but has been playing well through it, team scouts seem to really like that about Otten.

For what its worth the Ravens have shown particular interest in both.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 01-24-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    San Jose guard/center David Quessenberry (6'5, 294 lbs) has been trending up according to scouts. A little known prospect who had a fifth round evaluation has now supposedly been considered a 3rd round option for team scouts. He can play guard and center, and can even cover tackle, said to be a great locker room leader for the San Jose team. His team mate Ryan Otten who plays TE for them is also trending in the right direction, he has been caught with an illness, but has been playing well through it, team scouts seem to really like that about Otten.

Im all for the best o-lineman possible, but man...KO-Gradkowski-Yanda is such a good interior lineup...it would be a shame to mix that up again.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

None of us know how good Gino is at this point, we don't know how the team view him. Right now, my money is on Gino starting next year, but that doesn't mean he will. We also spent a 4th round pick on Christian Thompson and literally nobody here thinks he's going to be starting next season. I think the Ravens would be crazy NOT to bring in some competition in for Gino, but it will more likely come through FA. I do like Ryan Otten though, he could come in and compete with Dickson.

Quessenberry is a tackle/guard prospect, not a guard/center. He played every game at LT for SJSU over the past 3 years. I actually think he's a highly underrated prospect and a potential future LT in the NFL. He might only be 6'5 295, but he has pretty much the exact same frame as Eric Fisher only 2 inches shorter (his arms are only 1/8" shorter and he's built pretty much identically.)

He's been getting some praise as well, if Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson weren't holding up so well people would probably be taking more notice. He's just as good an athlete as both of them frankly and his ability to play both guard and tackle might really appeal to the Ravens, who like versatile linemen. I think he's climbed ahead of both Aboushi and Wagner at this point. He could maybe go as high as the late 2nd, I'd be fine with the Ravens taking him there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Quessenberry is a tackle/guard prospect, not a guard/center. He played every game at LT for SJSU over the past 3 years. I actually think he's a highly underrated prospect and a potential future LT in the NFL. He might only be 6'5 295, but he has pretty much the exact same frame as Eric Fisher only 2 inches shorter (his arms are only 1/8" shorter and he's built pretty much identically.)

He's been getting some praise as well, if Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson weren't holding up so well people would probably be taking more notice. He's just as good an athlete as both of them frankly and his ability to play both guard and tackle might really appeal to the Ravens, who like versatile linemen. I think he's climbed ahead of both Aboushi and Wagner at this point. He could maybe go as high as the late 2nd, I'd be fine with the Ravens taking him there.
    Supposedly they had him snapping the ball at practice, and teams view him as an interior guy so just going by what I read. I watched a little youtube tape on him at LT and he looks good, but I'm not sure if he's athletic enough to play OT in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Happened to catch Quesenberry in drills the other day. Aside from Fisher he looked like the best LT prospect of the ones they showed, and was definitely getting talked up by Mayock and the other guy. Seemed to swallow up the rushers, and was able to "re-anchor" well after getting moved. Very solid guy, looked tough to beat, and was described as the type who will keep getting better at the pro level.