Page 128 of 333 FirstFirst ... 126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,525 to 1,536 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into those...it's nice for us fans to see, but from everything I've read from people that cover the Senior Bowl, every team basically meets with and speaks with every player.
    Word.

They met with Mike Adams twice last year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Again, Quinton Patton and Tavarres King are the two best receivers on the South team. King is a precise route runner and is dominating in the redzone drills, along with Patton.
    Which is funny, because King was largely inconsistent while at Georgia...and it isn't because he didn't have a pretty good QB throwing him the ball...

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't get the big deal over Jenkins, just seen him get pushed off the LOS a bunch, flashes now and again because of his strength, but he just looks like another Terrence Cody.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    If I were an NFL GM I would never even entertain the possibility of taking a space-eating NT in the top half of the first round, honestly not even in the first round at all unless they were a once in a lifetime prospect like Ngata.

The way the NFL is now if you don't rush the passer or defend the pass on defense you aren't a first rounder. I just don't see the value there. I wouldn't take Jon Jenkins in the top 15 like some are projecting.
    Yeah, not a fan of Jenkins or drafting a pure NT in the first round.

I'd rather try and sign Casey Hampton for a year or 2 and look for a pure space eater later in the draft...let him develop.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Don't get the big deal over Jenkins, just seen him get pushed off the LOS a bunch, flashes now and again because of his strength, but he just looks like another Terrence Cody.
    You were really high on him a few weeks ago.

Blog Entries

I'd rather try and sign Casey Hampton for a year or 2 and look for a pure space eater later in the draft...let him develop.
    I'd rather them move to a damn 4-3 alignment and take advantage of the players that they currently have on the roster...

Suggs - DE
    Upshaw - DE
    Ngata - DT
    A. Jones - DT
    McPhee - DE/DT
    Cody - NT/DT
    McAdoo - DE
    Hamilton - DE
    Kruger (if retained) - Sam LB/DE
    Ellerbe - Mike LB
    McClain - Mike LB
    McClellan - Sam LB/DE

Plus, this opens up SO many more LB's coming out of college now that we can draft.

Khaseem Greene, Gerald Hodges, Jalani Jenkins, Shaq Wilson, Mike Taylor, James Morris...

Those guys are good LB prospects and while some of them might function decently as a 3-4 ILB, a lot of them are much better fits as 4-3 OLB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Yea im starting to hear too many times where guys are getting up under him, inconsistencies, etc. Hearing some good things about NT/DT Brandon Williams however, i think he has big time upside.
    I think Brandon Williams could be a decent pick at the end of the 4th round. I was hoping he would go unnoticed. Another small school guy that looks intriguing for the end of round 5 would be Terron Armstead (OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff). He appears to be having a good week though, so he probably won't fly under the radar like I thought he might. I originally thought he would last until the end of the 6th, but probably not now.

Blog Entries

I like Taylor Hart a lot out of Oregon. Kind of a Trevor Pryce type of DL'man. 6'6" 290lbs. Pretty athletic too. Oregon used him all over the place. DT, NT, DE, OLB, even saw him drop back into shallow coverage a few times. He's a pretty complete player.

Blog Entries

No thanks, Casey Hampton was as bad as Kemo this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You were really high on him a few weeks ago.
    He's disappointed me at the senior bowl thus far!

Blog Entries

He's disappointed me at the senior bowl thus far!
    He's just not in good shape.

If he were to bust his ass and drop 15-20lbs between now and the combine, he could really change some opinions of himself.

Don Banks' first mock has Manti Te'o going to the Ravens at 31. Boo on 2 counts - one, drafting Te'o that high, and two, drafting 31 and not 32.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    Don Banks' first mock has Manti Te'o going to the Ravens at 31. Boo on 2 counts - one, drafting Te'o that high, and two, drafting 31 and not 32.
    Get used to seeing the 49ers get commonly picked in the coming weeks, the media are so high on them right now because of all this pistol BS that wont last longer than a season.