Page 126 of 333 FirstFirst ... 124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,512 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He plays WILL in a 3-4 hybrid at Rutgers, he can play 4-3 OLB or 3-4 ILB it doesn't matter, he can play anywhere. He is great in coverage and can knock the snot our of RB's in the hole. Arthur Brown will go in the 2nd round too and plays ILB for K state. There is also Kevin Riddick, Alec Ogletree, and a bunch of other LB's who go in the top 3 rounds.
    You may be right, but I think a lot of those guys are going to end up outside. Maybe that's just fine, due to the nature of the game and the de-emphasis on the MLB in a lot of defenses. I'm not opposed to the Ravens getting one of those guys; I just don't think they are going to feel forced to take a LB and safety early because of the retirement/potential retirement of two HOF'ers. In reality, the Ravens are always in fairly decent shape going into the draft and don't have to draft purely for need. They could very well disappoint the entire fan base and walk away from the draft without a LB or a safety.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think Skov decided to stay in school.
    He sure did. Got his 5th year of eligibility about 2-3 weeks ago.

WRT WRs ...and this decision may have been already made in Jim's mind, but I can see one of his first big decisions being: does he think that he can better integrate Jacoby into the offense, or does he plan to lobby for an upgrade?

Or maybe he'll run Dickson from the slot more, and Jacoby is gone for cap relief.
    Or maybe he'll lobby to draft Escobar and along with Pitta, that's our RZ package with Dickson only seeing time between the 20s.
    Or maybe we'll take Escobar (and use him like mentioned above) and Nick Kasa (as a blocker...especially on 3rd and 4th and short), and go with 4 TEs, but only 5 WRs on the roster.

Not saying I subscribe to any of these...just putting it out there for thought.

Blog Entries

The Ravens have personally met with the following players so far at the senior bowl....

Monday:
    Illinois defensive end Michael Buchanan, Notre Dame center Braxston Cave, Oregon running back Kenjon Barner, San Jose State tight end Ryan Otten, San Jose State offensive lineman David Quessenberry, and Texas defensive end Alex Okafor.

Tuesday:
    Oregon State wide receiver Markus Wheaton, Rutgers linebacker Steve Beauharnais, Duke wide receiver Connor Vernon, Georgia wide receiver Tavarres King, Stanford running back Stepfan Taylor, Texas A&M wide receiver Ryan Swope and Wake Forest fullback Tommy Bohanon.

Wednesday:
    Florida State kicker Dustin Hopkins and Cal center Brian Schwenke.

I just stumbled on to this cat, Matt Waldman. Among other things, he provides the most detail on WR play that I've ever read. Note what he says about Markus Wheaton (a guy we've interviewed).

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/01/21...uad-wrs-day-1/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I just stumbled on to this cat, Matt Waldman. Among other things, he provides the most detail on WR play that I've ever read. Note what he says about Markus Wheaton (a guy we've interviewed).

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/01/21...uad-wrs-day-1/
    I've been pretty high on Wheaton all year. Solid player.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Not reading much of anything positive on Cave, and from the tape I saw of him, I wouldn't be happy with him drafted.

The Ravens have personally met with the following players so far at the senior bowl....

Monday:
    Illinois defensive end Michael Buchanan, Notre Dame center Braxston Cave, Oregon running back Kenjon Barner, San Jose State tight end Ryan Otten, San Jose State offensive lineman David Quessenberry, and Texas defensive end Alex Okafor.

Tuesday:
    Oregon State wide receiver Markus Wheaton, Rutgers linebacker Steve Beauharnais, Duke wide receiver Connor Vernon, Georgia wide receiver Tavarres King, Stanford running back Stepfan Taylor, Texas A&M wide receiver Ryan Swope and Wake Forest fullback Tommy Bohanon.

Wednesday:
    Florida State kicker Dustin Hopkins and Cal center Brian Schwenke.
    I wouldn't read too much into those...it's nice for us fans to see, but from everything I've read from people that cover the Senior Bowl, every team basically meets with and speaks with every player.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into those...it's nice for us fans to see, but from everything I've read from people that cover the Senior Bowl, every team basically meets with and speaks with every player.
    These are players they meet with in the evening for one to one interviews.

Of course they talk to everyone. But these are reportedly the players they showed particular interest in, most of them make sense apart from the kicker lol (maybe just looking at camp bodies in the pre season)...

I will say this though. The Ravens showed A LOT of interest in both Bernard Pierce and Gino Gradkowski before the draft last year and ended up picking them with traded picks, so while usually you shouldn't put too much stock into it, the Ravens were reportedly very high on both.

Of course they talk to everyone. But these are reportedly the players they showed particular interest in, most of them make sense apart from the kicker lol (maybe just looking at camp bodies in the pre season)...

I will say this though. The Ravens showed A LOT of interest in both Bernard Pierce and Gino Gradkowski before the draft last year and ended up picking them with traded picks, so while usually you shouldn't put too much stock into it, the Ravens were reportedly very high on both.
    Very good point, they may have serious interest in a bunch of these guys, they may have marginal interest in some of them, but it's certainly worth monitoring.

They meet with virtually all the players in the evening too.

This isn't like the Combine where there are time limits and such.

And if you got that list from Draftcountdown.com, nowhere do they say these are one on one evening interviews. One of the guys making the observations even stressed multiple times in his twitter that every team is meeting with every player.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    They meet with virtually all the players in the evening too.

This isn't like the Combine where there are time limits and such.

And if you got that list from Draftcountdown.com, nowhere do they say these are one on one evening interviews. One of the guys making the observations even stressed multiple times in his twitter that every team is meeting with every player.
    "Here is a recap of the player interviews that were conducted on the field after Wednesday's practice by the South team. Typically, these interviews with area scouts are to set up longer, formal interviews for a night during the week. While teams say they "talk" to every player, teams do not take the time to conduct formal interviews with every draft prospect, so this can be a clue as to which players are on their radar."

That's what Walter football say anyway, who knows which players are truly on the Ravens radar.