Page 115 of 333 FirstFirst ... 113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,369 to 1,380 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Do you not sleep leach?
    Working nights atm.

This is what you do when you got nothing to do in one boring boring job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Ryan Clady.
    Pay the guy more than 10 mil a year who got absolutely dominated by a 50 % Terrell Suggs? No thank you.

Bryant McKinnie for 2 million $ for another year will do fine for me.

Blog Entries

Jets met with Tyrann Mathieu.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Pay the guy more than 10 mil a year who got absolutely dominated by a 50 % Terrell Suggs? No thank you.

Alright, but you need to draft a LT. Just in case we win the Super Bowl and McKinnie goes on the love boat again.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Jets met with Tyrann Mathieu.
    Some team is going to take a shot on him in the middle of the draft. It won't be us though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Some team is going to take a shot on him in the middle of the draft. It won't be us though.
    I agree it won't be us.

I don't think Mathieu is draftable though. I think teams will interview him and he'll sign on with a team much like Burfict.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Clady is getting franchised. Manning is too valuable for the Broncos to go to plan B at Left Tackle.,

Blog Entries

I agree it won't be us.

I don't think Mathieu is draftable though. I think teams will interview him and he'll sign on with a team much like Burfict.
    Burifict and to a lesser extent Dennard of the Patriots is exactly the reason why I see some team drafting him. Some coach will think they can fix him and get a steal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Burifict and to a lesser extent Dennard of the Patriots is exactly the reason why I see some team drafting him. Some coach will think they can fix him and get a steal.
    You may be right.

I agree it won't be us.

Agree with this. There are guys around here and on the internet who are stamping their feet and confidently predicting Mathieu will go in the 3rd or 4th round. Are they freaking kidding? I've gone through this time and time again...

First of all, on pure football considerations alone, the guy is problematic. He has no NFL position. At corner he's probably restricted to the nickel only, which isn't a HUGE problem because teams are in the nickel so much, but you don't spend early picks on guys who won't play every down. The Ravens particularly are flush with guys who can play inside in the nickel (Graham, Webb, Jackson) and really are more in need of perimeter CBs anyway. I don't see him at safety due to lacking size and range in the deep half of the field. So if he was squeaky clean off the field you're talking about a nickel CB and RS who's probably a much better college than pro player. That sounds like 3rd-4th right there.

Then, add in the fact that he's a drug dealer, criminal, and (probable) drug addict way past his 3rd strike--so bad in fact that he got kicked off of LSU's team, which is pretty hard to do with the circus Les Miles runs down in Baton Rouge... the kid has skeletons out the wazoo in his closet. Now, all of this is predicated on what we know right now. It's not at all out of the question that Mathieu could get his shit together and really make an impression on teams during the pre-draft process with his interviews, etc. I would just say the odds are against it given how much ground he has to regain.

Honestly I would have no problem bringing Mathieu into training camp as a priority UDFA. He has some game and we need depth at DB and RS. But there's too many question marks to waste a draft pick on him CERTAINLY in the mid rounds. If they want to throw a 7th rounder at him that's probably fine. But I'd put it 50/50 right now whether he's drafted AT ALL.

So what's Caldwell's ask for the OS? Assuming he'll lobby hard for re-signing McKinnie, and assuming we'll see more exploitative formations and schemes (i.e., throwing the ball between the hashes b/c your opponent's ILBs are slow and their safeties are cheating over toward your speedster out wide), what does Jim think is missing?

I'm still coming up with the route runner that can create space with his feet and technique as a priority (...round drafted would have no bearing. The greatest value still applies.)

Exit Ray. Enter Mathieu? Just seems odd to me.