Page 113 of 333 FirstFirst ... 111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,345 to 1,356 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    After this playoff run they must be thinking about some type of reasonable extension for Boldin. Hopefully he'll be interested. Harbaugh absolutely loves the guy and he sure looks a lot better without Cam calling the plays.
    I agree.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    From the Sr Bowl

Damn! Robinson has huge hands for a small guy. I REALLLLLLY want to see him operate at WR now. Geeze...10"

I know the velocity difference from NCAA to NFL, but Swope's hands certainly haven't held him back to-date.
    After Robinson's performance in the bowl game he's become one of the most intriguiging prosepects in this draft to me as a slot receiver. With those mits if he catches the ball cleanly and shows the feet needed he's gonna be a terror in the slot.

After this playoff run they must be thinking about some type of reasonable extension for Boldin. Hopefully he'll be interested. Harbaugh absolutely loves the guy and he sure looks a lot better without Cam calling the plays.
    If they could get that done to lower his number, restructure and extend Jacoby a year or 2 to lower his number i think it's a win. Doss and Jacoby keep their same roles and we see what we have with the rest of the guys, then take a guy to groom as an heir apparent outside or in the slot i'd be ecstatic.

I'm thinking this as well. Boldin's play in the postseason has pretty much made him irreplaceable. Nobody on the roster has anywhere close to the toughness, reliability, or veteran savvy that he brings. The Ravens are really going to be in a bind with him... his cap number is just way too damn big next year so they NEED to do something with him. But what does the renegotiated contract he'd be willing to sign look like? At this point he's played himself into a nice contract that might prevent them from saving too much money in 2013.

At this point if I'm Boldin I doubt I'd sign anything less than 4 years, 20 million or so. And that very may be where he ends up... and I don't think I'd have a problem with it. That's kind of steep for a guy who generally operates in the slot, but again, he's pretty much irreplaceable at this point. I'm now thinking that the Ravens would be much more willing to part with Jacoby than Boldin.

I look for the Ravens to add competition at the #3 WR spot next year, though. Doss continues to underwhelm and they don't really have anybody else, other than hoping (against better odds) that Streeter and/or Thompson emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Quinton Patton at barely 6'0 flat despite being listed at 6'2 kind of surprised me. You like to see him come in over 200lb though and 32+ inch arms are very good for a WR. Nice catch radius potential.
    That is a bit surprising. Looks about 6010-6014 on film.

Big Nick Kasa is rocking the smallish hands too (9 in).

Michael Williams is a mountain. Any chance he has an abnormal vertical with 269 lbs on him? :hammer:

Blog Entries

Don't see the big deal about Justin Pugh, he's just way too small to play LT in this league.

Blog Entries

Oday Aboushi was listed as 6'6, measurements show 6052.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    That is a bit surprising. Looks about 6010-6014 on film.

Big Nick Kasa is rocking the smallish hands too (9 in).

Michael Williams is a mountain. Any chance he has an abnormal vertical with 269 lbs on him? :hammer:
    I think Quinton Patton's arm length and build make him look taller than he actually is. The lack of height is a bit of a disappointment but he isn't a "size guy" anyway. I like him as a prospect but I'm not sure if he fits our offense. He's a GREAT fit for a Bruce Arians-style offense, though. He could play the Reggie Wayne/Hines Ward "slot" role really well.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't see the big deal about Justin Pugh, he's just way too small to play LT in this league.
    He has good tape, but those measurements are really rough... worse than Michael Oher's (although Oher's problems are really mental rather than physical.) He might have to move to guard in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quinton Patton at barely 6'0 flat despite being listed at 6'2 kind of surprised me. You like to see him come in over 200lb though and 32+ inch arms are very good for a WR. Nice catch radius potential.

Terrance Williams not even 6'2 with some pretty short arms... Ryan Swope has midget hands (8 1/8, absolutely tiny).

Ryan Otten at only 235 surprised me a bit. He looks more solid than that on tape. He'll need to gain 10 pounds minimum to be an in-line TE option.

Justin Pugh's measurements... surprisingly bad. Most of the other OTs measured in well. DJ Fluker is a freak. No real surprises at the other positions that I saw.
    Patton being 2" shorter than listed was a bit of a surprise. That'll hurt him.

Regarding Swope's hand size...yes, it is a concern, but Torrey doesn't have big hands either.

One big surprise to me was Brian Winters measuring in nearly 3" shorter than his listed 6'6". That is going to REALLY hurt him because it pretty much moves him from a LT possibility to a certain guard position.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    His size and short arms are definite concerns...shorter arms than Oher.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Terrance Williams not even 6'2 with some pretty short arms... Ryan Swope has midget hands (8 1/8, absolutely tiny).

Ryan Otten at only 235 surprised me a bit. He looks more solid than that on tape. He'll need to gain 10 pounds minimum to be an in-line TE option.

Justin Pugh's measurements... surprisingly bad. Most of the other OTs measured in well. DJ Fluker is a freak. No real surprises at the other positions that I saw.
    Patton being 2" shorter than listed was a bit of a surprise. That'll hurt him.

Regarding Swope's hand size...yes, it is a concern, but Torrey doesn't have big hands either.

One big surprise to me was Brian Winters measuring in nearly 3" shorter than his listed 6'6". That is going to REALLY hurt him because it pretty much moves him from a LT possibility to a certain guard position.

Blog Entries

Jon Jenkins was listed at 6'3" 351lbs...measured in nearly an inch taller and 359lbs. That's a big boy.