Page 106 of 333 FirstFirst ... 104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,272 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Is dead spin not one of them sites like the onion? I thought you couldn't believe anything on it?
    Just the opposite.

They are not afraid of digging deep into the lives of athletes to find the scoop. Whereas ESPN will fight to not say anything negative about a player least they lose access to said player (see the Roethlesberger rape stories), Deadspin will come right out with it and investigate the hell out of something.

Deadspin is legit on certain things. Like the Daily Show, a humor source can also do biting investigations.

Even if he's gay, why this show? Why?

Oh boy, this is too juicy. Anybody want him?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think the school may be covering for him at this point.
    I agree with this. They know his stock is going to plummet like a rock now.

There are so many other dominoes that are going to fall with this as well. How about all the foundations and charities that were set up in her name? Where did that money go? Who was behind them?

Another thing... you mean to tell me that all of the big media outlets (ESPN, SI, etc.) that interviewed Te'o in the wake of her death didn't do their due diligence on her?

I can't speak for journalists but in my line of work you always go into an interview with plenty of background knowledge and you ask plenty of questions that you already know the answers to. Did none of these guys try to pull an obituary for this girl? Nobody did a quick LexisNexis search to see if they could find anything about her? None of them contacted Stanford to find out her major, her extracurriculars, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just the opposite.

They are not afraid of digging deep into the lives of athletes to find the scoop. Whereas ESPN will fight to not say anything negative about a player least they lose access to said player (see the Roethlesberger rape stories), Deadspin will come right out with it and investigate the hell out of something.
    thanks for that, I thought it was a joke sight.

Mario Benavides weighed in at 279 and measured in a couple inches shorter at 6'2" than UL has him listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Mario Benavides weighed in at 279 and measured in a couple inches shorter at 6'2" than UL has him listed.
    This is good. It will likely cause stupid teams to move him down their boards and thus allow the Ravens to get him way later than they ought to be able to.

No doubt he needs to put on 10 or so pounds, but he ought to be able to, and his playing strength is fine. He controlled Florida's DTs very well and both of them are going to be drafted, Shariff Floyd is even a marginal 1st rounder.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...Practices.html

Athletic OT from Kansas, Tanner Hawkinson. Reads like he's coachable to become consistent. Could be a good depth pick if we go with McK left and Oher right.

Iowa State ILB A.J. Klein has a 2nd day of impressing with his range and athleticism.

Small-ish WR from MidTNState, Anthony Amos...a 4.6 guy that can separate with his feet. Hands catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Hmmm...what's Gino? 6'3?

Here are the numbers on airy-bodee

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...sureables.html

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...Practices.html

Athletic OT from Kansas, Tanner Hawkinson. Reads like he's coachable to become consistent. Could be a good depth pick if we go with McK left and Oher right.

Iowa State ILB A.J. Klein has a 2nd day of impressing with his range and athleticism.

Small-ish WR from MidTNState, Anthony Amos...a 4.6 guy that can separate with his feet. Hands catcher.
    I'm a fan of Hawkinson and Klein. Iowa State has 2 really good and underrated LB prospects this year... Klein and his running mate Knott. Both of them are excellent prospects. Big, nasty, farm-boy types who play angry, but smart. They're definitely Ravens type guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Hmmm...what's Gino? 6'3?

Here are the numbers on airy-bodee

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...sureables.html
    6'3" with about 20 pounds on him (possibly more at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    This is good. It will likely cause stupid teams to move him down their boards and thus allow the Ravens to get him way later than they ought to be able to.

No doubt he needs to put on 10 or so pounds, but he ought to be able to, and his playing strength is fine. He controlled Florida's DTs very well and both of them are going to be drafted, Shariff Floyd is even a marginal 1st rounder.
    I'm fairly new to this draft thing, am I to assume that he already has the technique needed to be a center in our Zone Blocking System and the quickness to seal off LB's at the second level?

WickedSolo's favorite guy Joe Vellano

Vellano was among the quickest linemen (on either side) off the ball, which allowed him to get good leverage on a number of plays. Didn't make many flashy plays, but he played smart filling holes and slowing down the run quite a few times. In one-on-one drills he had a couple of really nice sessions showing good power.
    Vellano is a lunch-pail type of defensive lineman, who occupies blockers and plays the run well. He's not great in any single area, but he plays at high level and always seems to be around the ball. He fits best as a 5-technique in a 3-4 system. He should be a 4th-5th round selection
    Vellano had another good day, he's not the quickest or biggest guy out there, but he has to be one of the most intense. Even when he "loses" a battle, he makes the offensive lineman do quite a bit of work. He's the type of defensive lineman who will give 100% on every snap. Another point about when he does get blocked, is that I haven't really seen him get dominated off the line. That's not to say that every snap is great, but when he does lose he's not getting completely pushed out of the play or blown off the line.