Page 120 of 333 FirstFirst ... 118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,429 to 1,440 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Ill be very disappointed if we don't get Elam. He's a playmaker, he has whatever it is.

And so does Mathieu, I also wouldn't mind grabbing him with a comp pick in the 5th or 6th.

Immediately plays a role on special teams, can help in the slot corner positions, play some safety if stuck.
    Id be a lot happier with udfa on mathieu. Sure he makes the big play but just about everyone says hes undisciplined within a defense to do such which matxhes his off field behvior, wreckless.

Elam however seems to fit the mold. He also seema like a guy thatll end up a fast riser and go higher than expected, or at least thought right now. Mathieu probably fits that mold as well as im sure somebody takes a chance on him around the 3rd or 4th.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

This defense needs speed, so Elam, Greene and a Mathieu would certainly help with that. Would be happy with three of them as long as we don't pick Mathieu any earlier than the 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I also am not a fan of Jenkins.

The same stuff we are hearing about him were said about Cody...questionable motor, going to need to get in shape and control his weight...wasn't dominant in college.

No way I take him in the first.
    I agree with you on Jenkins. Not too much of a fan of him at all, nor am I much of a fan of taking a DT/NT who offers no pass rush value and only plays 2 downs in the 1st round. I just don't think that's today's NFL at all.

It's got to be a pass rusher, OT, or DB in the first. Just don't see a ton of appeal from the other positions, nor does there seem to be obvious positional value.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I like Kasheme Greene in the second, yeah he's only 6'0, but he weighs 237 lbs, good weight for that height. He is very athletic and speedy, he runs around the field making tackles, he was an emotional leader at Rutgers, he could be a very solid second day pick. Matt Elam and Greene would be very solid picks. I would go with a wideout or OL in the 3rd round.
    I like Khaseem Greene a lot. Being only 6'0 isn't a deal-breaker... he's got the coverage ability we need, he's a great leader, and he'd probably immediately be the best athlete in our front 7. I'm a very big fan. I had him going in the 2nd round to the Ravens in my mock from a month or so ago, along with Elam in the 1st. I agree with you that good options at OL and/or WR will be available in rounds 3 and 4.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I like Kasheme Greene in the second, yeah he's only 6'0, but he weighs 237 lbs, good weight for that height. He is very athletic and speedy, he runs around the field making tackles, he was an emotional leader at Rutgers, he could be a very solid second day pick. Matt Elam and Greene would be very solid picks. I would go with a wideout or OL in the 3rd round.
    I am a huge fan of Greene.

Rutgers has a couple of nice prospects coming out this year. Logan Ryan is a pretty damn good cornerback as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Mike Mayock thinks that there will be 3 or 4 QB's taken in round 1.

The only way that happens is if teams like the Bills, Jets, Browns, Chiefs, etc trade back up into round 1.

The names he tossed out:

Geno Smith, obviously...Mike Glennon Ryan Nassib, Tyler Wilson, and Zac Dysert.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Mike Mayock thinks that there will be 3 or 4 QB's taken in round 1.

The only way that happens is if teams like the Bills, Jets, Browns, Chiefs, etc trade back up into round 1.

The names he tossed out:

Geno Smith, obviously...Mike Glennon Ryan Nassib, Tyler Wilson, and Zac Dysert.
    While they would all be over drafted, it wouldn't surprise me...QB'S are always over drafted.

2 years ago, who thought Ponder, Gabbert and Locker would all be top 15 picks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

While they would all be over drafted, it wouldn't surprise me...QB'S are always over drafted.

2 years ago, who thought Ponder, Gabbert and Locker would all be top 15 picks?

This is exactly why he's saying that this year. The valuation of the QB position is growing more and more forcing these guys down.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm all for a lot of QB'S going in the first...it just pushes more guys down to us.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I am wowed by that Elam highlight reel. He looks like the next Ed Reed/Rod Woodson/Troy Polamalu.

What I love is the way he uses his legs to get momentum on tackles. Did you notice how often he does a corkscrew motion in the air?

With this whole Te'o thing, my hope has changed to Elam.

I'm all for a lot of QB'S going in the first...it just pushes more guys down to us.

My thoughts exactly.

It's always exciting to see what happens / who falls when one of the wildcard QBs gets drafted in the first.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

I just think Greene and Elam would be typical Raven style picks, both play fast and hard and as far as I know have no character concerns off the field, and the only reason they will likely be there at the end of each round is because of the devaluing position that they play. Both would fill needs too, as we just need more speed on defense, both Elam and Greene are very fast and physical players and are both arguably day 1 starters.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure about four QB's, I would have thought maybe 3 QB's in the first round, Nassib, Glennon, and Geno Smith. I can see the Cards, Chiefs, and Bills taking QB's, everyone else doesn't really have a dire need at QB.

I like Glennon the most, he reminds me of Flacco coming out, but doesn't have great pocket presence.