Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
Agree re Ertz and Eifert. If we got them, they'd complement Pitta very well, and if we do eliminate Leach's position (which I'd hate to see, but it's not looking like anything else will happen) then I think they'd be great adds.

Something tells me though that they'll try and go cheap at TE again and go for more of an impact player, either on D or the O Line,which are bigger priorities by far, with the first 2 picks.

They'll do their deep research and try to project a guy as being a "poor man's" Gronk/Ertz/Eifert and see how it goes. They hit big on Pitta as a 4th rounder, not so much on Dickson as a 3rd. Obviously Heap was the one big exception at the position - a great player and a first rounder.

Other than that, if Wikipedia's page about the Ravens draft history is correct, they've never taken a TE above the 5th round.

So I think even if Ertz or Eifert is there when we pick in the first, I don't think the team will value either one of them above a similarly graded player at a position of more pressing need.
I'm not so sure...at least with Eiffert. That guy is going to be a very good NFL player.

Ertz is a good receiver, but needs a little refinement as a blocker. Still though, he's got excellent size and athleticism to go along with a 6'5"/6'6" frame.

I like Eiffert a lot. If he is there at pick 32 and the Ravens don't take him, I'd be surprised. He could really give Flacco and the offense a wrinkle that no one else could.