Page 244 of 333 FirstFirst ... 242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 2,917 to 2,928 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Here's my pre combine mock guys, any thoughts, criticisms, questions would be very much appreciated....

1. Kansas City Chiefs-Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia-The Andy Reid era begins in KC with Smith. He's not a clear cut #1 overall type of talent but he's got a good arm, poise and accuracy to all levels. He also misses throws he shouldn't and looks unsure at times versus the blitz. I fully expect the Chiefs to find a veteran stop gap, possibly Alex Smith so that Smith doesn't have to play right away.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars-Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M-A good fit for their Leo position in Gus Bradley's defense. Moore can play standing up or with a hand in the dirt. He's very quick off the snap and has a frame that could fill out more at the pro level allowing him to diversify his pass rush moves. His presence will go a long way with helping the Jags get off the field on 3rd down.

3. Oakland Raiders-Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida St.-The Raiders are another team that can use help getting off the field on 3rd down. They dont really have an edge rusher of note on the roster currently. Werner is not speed demon off the edge but he uses his hands as well as any pass rusher in the draft. He has a solid motor that you like to see a little more consistent but he has all the tools to be a very good all around football player and good pass rusher ala Chris Long. With Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, and now Andy Reid bring his passing offense to the AFC West it's important to have threats on the edge.

4. Philadelphia Eagles-Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah-The Eagles are transitioning to a base 3-4 defense. They have some pieces in place to make the move but lack a true nose tackle. Star is an disruptive force that can place all across a 3-4 front. I could easily see them going with Joeckel here but with Jason Peters returning i think they opt to wait on the tackle position and address the defensive front first.

5. Detroit Lions-Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M-The Lions have arguably the draft's top player fall into their lap. Even if Jeff Backus is retained he could move over to the right side to finish out his career or last year's top pick Riley Reiff could take over there, but it's not often you have a chance to get a legit LT like Joeckel to keep Stafford's blindside clean.

6. Cleveland Browns-Ziggy Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU-The Browns get their bookend to Jabal Sheard here. Ansah reminds me of Chandler Jones and he's the type of edge rusher new Browns VP of player personnel Michael Lombardi likes from a size standpoint ala Bill Belichick and Bill Parcells. He's still raw but has played a variety of roles for the BYU defense and could be just scratching the surface of his talents.

7. Arizona Cardinals-Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan-The Cardinals offensive line was a mess for much of the year. Nate Potter and Bobby Massie showed some promise toward the end of the year but not nearly enough to warrant not making an upgrade. One of those guys could possibly kick inside. New head coach Bruce Arians will want to challenge more vertically and will need to keep his QB upright to do so. I don't see QB as an option here because the Cards owner voiced his preference to find a coach that could revive Kevin Kolb's career. I still see them addressing the position later in the draft but no QB available is worthy of the 7th overall pick.

8. Buffalo Bills-Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee- Buffalo sorely needs someone that can win outside opposite of Stevie Johnson and they get just that in Patterson. He's big, fast and difficult to bring down in the open field. He's not as raw as public opinion makes him out to be and he should be able to start and contribute right away.

9. New York Jets-Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia-The Jets still lack an explosive edge rusher and all too often have to scheme pressure. Many feel Jarvis doesn't have a position which may be true but he couldn't be going to a better situation then Rex's hybrid scheme. He'll move him around, play to his strength's and allow him to use that electric first step. He needs to get stronger and use his hands better versus the run and pass but he can be brought along solely on passing downs early on.

10. Tennessee Titans-Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida-The Titans have to get more physical up front as well improve their interior pressure and they do so with this pick. He's a day one starter and a good scheme fit. Wimbley and Morgan will benefit from his presence.

11. San Diego Chargers-Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma-The Chargers cannot go into the 2013 season trusting Jared Gaither to be their left tackle. Their ability to bounce back as an offense depends on getting better and more consistent play on the offensive line and this is one step in the right direction

12. Miami Dolphins-Dee Millner, CB, Alabama-The early rumblings out of Miami are Sean Smith will asking price will be too steep for the Dolphins. Whether or not they re-sign him they still need help at the corner position and Millner is the best in this class.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi St.-The Bucs are another team in need of quality corners. Banks is a tall, athletic and agressive corner. He could stand to get stronger but he has the skill set to contribute from Day 1.

14. Carolina Panthers-Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas-Carolina was awful at the safety position last year. Vaccaro can play either spot, come up in the box for run support or cover a slot receiver or TE.

15. New Orleans Saints-Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE, LSU-The Saints are another team transitioning to a 3-4 defense. Among their needs in this switch is edge rusher. Mingo has as much upside as any pass rusher in this draft but disappointed with his production dip this pass season. He's reportedly added 15 lb's since the end of the season to improve his stock, i think the Saints go with the upside guy from their own backyard.

16. St. Louis Rams-Chance Warmack, G, Alabama-Many people feel he might be the best player in this draft. The rams need to continue to build up their offensive line to continue the growth of Sam Bradford and their pass offense. With Saffold, Dahl and now Warmack the Rams offensive line will start to resemble a quality unit.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers-Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon-James Harrison's future in Pittsburgh is in question and we don't know if Worlds, Carter, etc. are ready to pick up the slack at the level the Steelers are accustomed. Jordan will need to be coached up, get stronger and learn some counter moves but he couldnt have went to a better place to get those things accomplished.

18. Dallas Cowboys-Johnathan Cooper, G, UNC-All of a sudden the Cowboys line needs multiple improvements. Doug Free didn't play well at all and their interior line had their fair share of struggles. The Cowboys need to be a more balanced team as well as keep a cleaner pocket for Romo. Cooper's strength is his athleticism, can get to the second level and has the disposition to handle physicality at the next level, he will however need to get strnoger.

19. New York Giants-Datone Jones, DE, UCLA-Justin Tuck production took a dip last year, he just simply doesn't look like the same player. Jones can be that power end that they can kick inside on passing downs. He has surprising short area quickness, he's physical and plays harder every snap.

20. Chicago Bears-Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford- The Bears need a seam threat at the TE position. They have a solid trio of receivers with Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, and Earl Bennett but neither will take the top off a defense and pressure the safeties. Ertz can be that threat in the middle of the field as well as in the slot. Add him to those receivers and Evan Rodriquez's potential as an H-Back and the Bears have some pieces to field a move improved pass offense provided they can improve their offensive line.

21. Cincinnati Bengals-Manti T'eo, ILB, Notre Dame-Rey Mauluga didnt play well at all last year, T'eo can step right in at middle linebacker and offer an upgrade. He's comfortable in pass coverage which proved to be a sore spot for a lot of teams including the Bengals.

22. St. Louis Rams-John Cyprien, S, Florida International-With their 2nd first round pick the Rams address the safety position. Cyprien is a hybrid safety with the ability to play in the box as well as in centerfield. He's a guy that will open eyes during the combine and gives the Rams the playmaker they lack in the backend.

23. Minnesota Vikings-Keenan Allen, WR, Cal-The Vikings cannot return with Jerome Simpson and Michael Jenkins out wide. Percy Harvin from the slot and Kyle Rudolph at TE is a good start, and Jarius Wright has some ability as a slot guy as well but the Viking need a legit starting outside receiver and they get that in Allen.

24. Indianapolis Colts-Sheldon Richardson, DT/DE, Missouri-The Colts just need talent on defense. Richardson is a high motor 5 technique that makes an insane amount of plays outside his area. Pagano adds another piece here to continue his transition to his hybrid 3-4 scheme.

25. Seattle Seahawks-DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama-Fluker would offer an upgrade at right tackle or guard for the Seahawks. He's an absolutely mauler that would further improve their running game as well as creating more time for Russell Wilson and the passing game to improve within the pocket.

26. Green Bay Packers- Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio St.-Hankins could immediately start as a 5 technique and give Raji help at the nose. Hankins will be able to play the run from day one and push the pocket in the passing game.

27. Houston Texans-DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson-The Texans have to get someone else that can outside the hash marks and it seems that wont happen through free agency. Hopkins is a smooth, savvy receiver with solid build. He's not a burner but he has more then enough speed to threaten a defense. He can line up outside or in the slot and will help the Texans offense become more versatile.

28. Denver Broncos-Kawann Short, DT, Purdue-The Broncos played the run extremely well last year but leaned on vets Justin Bannan and Keith Brooking in their base defense to do so. They'll have to continue to improve their talent level in the front 7 and prepare to eventually play without those guys. Short can come in a give solid snaps in a sub package role to start and groom for a starters role in the future.

29. New England Patriots-Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington-Aqib Talib is a free agent, but regardless of what happens with him the Pats could stand to add some help at corner. Trufant offers the versatility to play outside or in the slot, has good size and the athleticism to run with NFL caliber receivers

30. Atlanta Falcons-Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida St.-The Falcons go with upside here, Carradine is coming off an injury but flashes legit double digit sack ability as a edge rusher. John Abraham is getting up in age and the Falcons lack another player ready to pick up that burden as a rusher.

31. San Fransico 49ers-DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina-Whitner has to be upgraded, Swearinger brings a physicality that will fit well in San Fran but he also has the desired range and play making ability to give them some versatility on the backend. He's another guy i expect to rise during the combine.

32. Baltimore Ravens-Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU-Ray Lewis leaves a gaping hole in the middle of the defense that Minter i more then ready to fill. He's physical, instinctive and fast enough to get sideline to sideline. He sheds blocks as well as anyone in this class and also contributes in the pass game as a very good A gap blitzer.

iggyman555 Guest

Blog Entries
    I like Kevin Minter, but if Matt Elam is there then I have to believe that he would be the pick. He is a better player than Minter.

Also, Cyprien in round 1? Tank Carradine over Alex Okafor? I like Carradine a lot, but he may not be ready until mid way through next season. IMO, that is going to really impact his stock.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I really dont think the Chiefs are taking Smith

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? I dont get the comment. I'm not entirely sure you do either. Pete Carroll is a wild csrd and drafts who he wants. I dont think you can compare him to any other HC or GM in the league. The year before he took a mkd round prospect in round 1 (James Carpenter).

Furthermore, Marc Trestman is an offense guy and part of the reason they canned Lovie was because he wasnt an offense guy. Trestman is going to completely build out around Cutler.

It is also entirely possible that Brown is there for them in round 2.

Chicago also needs LBs, Brian Ulracher is old and may not be back. Who knows how teams view players right now, I think Arthur Brown is going to go a lot higher than we all think because of his speed. He is a perfect scheme fit for that defense.

For what its worth, he has a 92 rating on his NFL draft profile, while guys like Minter and Teo have lesser ratings.

IDK, maybe its the West Virginia game that I watched, but he looked special in that game helping shut down that vaunted offense.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 02-18-2013 at 02:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Lol the Steelers actually want to keep Harrison.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-harrison-back

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lol the Steelers actually want to keep Harrison.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-harrison-back
    Good I hope they extend him. They can just whither as they age with persisting cap problems.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Chicago also needs LBs, Brian Ulracher is old and may not be back. Who knows how teams view players right now, I think Arthur Brown is going to go a lot higher than we all think because of his speed. He is a perfect scheme fit for that defense.

For what its worth, he has a 92 rating on his NFL draft profile, while guys like Minter and Teo have lesser ratings.

IDK, maybe its the West Virginia game that I watched, but he looked special in that game helping shut down that vaunted offense.
    They def need linebackers. However, the beet linebacker in the NFL wont win a SB for you. Their issue has not been their D. Their biggest issue by far has been crap OL play and not enough weapons for Cutler (sound familiar?).

Brown would be a great for for their defense. So would Khaseem Greene, Gerald Hodges, Alec Ogletree, and Kiko Alonso.

I just think the Bears will be in position to take someone like Lane Johnson, jon Cooper, etc and will try to get that OL back to where it needs to be.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

They def need linebackers. However, the beet linebacker in the NFL wont win a SB for you. Their issue has not been their D. Their biggest issue by far has been crap OL play and not enough weapons for Cutler (sound familiar?).

Brown would be a great for for their defense. So would Khaseem Greene, Gerald Hodges, Alec Ogletree, and Kiko Alonso.

I just think the Bears will be in position to take someone like Lane Johnson, jon Cooper, etc and will try to get that OL back to where it needs to be.

Yeah I think the Bears are going to make their OL a priority...they are sort of going through the same type of change we did from a defensive dominated team to an offensive one.

When you have Jamarcus Webb as your blind side LT, you have serious OL issues and Cutler is constantly getting hurt behind that crappy line.

I like Brown too, but I don't see him being a top 20 pick.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

About KC and Smith...I don't think Smith will be the first overall pick.

But I also think if KC can trade back some, and they really like Smith or Glennon or whoever, they should still take them later in the first.

My opinion has always been that if you like a guy and think he can be a franchise guy, make sure you get him. QB is WAY more important than any other position on the team.

Flacco was considered a second round guy by almost all the draftniks. Remember those stories about how Parcells passed on Matt Ryan because he had intentions on grabbing Flacco at the top of the second round? How badly did the Dolphins get screwed because they passed on Matt Ryan and assumed that Flacco was going to be there in the second round.

If I were the Chiefs, after working the guys out and picking their brains, if I liked one of them enough to believe they would be "the guy", I'd find a way to make sure I get him and not leave it up to chance they would be there in the second round...they could wind up drafting a Chad Henne instead of a Ryan/Flacco.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I like Kevin Minter, but if Matt Elam is there then I have to believe that he would be the pick. He is a better player than Minter.

Also, Cyprien in round 1? Tank Carradine over Alex Okafor? I like Carradine a lot, but he may not be ready until mid way through next season. IMO, that is going to really impact his stock.

A couple weeks ago i would have had Elam there but after watching a couple games his centerfield instincts and height are a causes for concern, scouts are saying they think that he'd get attacked in the pass game at the next level. I still like him an awful lot and wouldnt be suprised or upset if he was the pick because it would say the Ravens are comfortable with those concerns but i think they have true interest in keeping Ed and maybe we address the safety position a little later. We also dont know how they feel about Christian Thompson yet.

Cyprien is a guy i think is gonna rise during the combine and pro days. People wanna see how well he runs, and i think he'll run well. His issues in range i think are more angles and technical things as opposed to actual range. I think he'll be able to play both safety spots and he's very physical.

As far as the Atlanta pick i actually had Okafor there first but i started to look at their roster and i felt like they needed a legit double digit sack type of pass rusher to mesh with what they have and eventually replace Abraham. I like Okafor but i think he's limited as far as his pass rush potential, i think he'd do find but he's more of a 4-3 power end that doesnt have the burst to routinely bend the corner. If Carradine was healthy this year your talking about a guy that probably has the most pass rushing upside on his team, and thats including Werner and Jenkins. Werner is a top 10 guy and Jenkins would be a first round lock if healthy. I think they'd be willing to wait a bit on Carridine to get a top 15 pass rushing talent late in round 1.

Thanks for checking my mock out and sharing your feedback