Page 185 of 333 FirstFirst ... 183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 2,209 to 2,220 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    That's a good thing from my perspective. I'm sure Oz knows what he needs to know about the 'bama TE, adn what he doesn't he can find out in a personal workout and interview at the castle. I think he's an ideal fit/value here. I sure hope we draft hm.
    This, i think he's more athletic then people think so the less they get to see of him the better chance he's there in the 5th for Oz to pounce on :)

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    This, i think he's more athletic then people think so the less they get to see of him the better chance he's there in the 5th for Oz to pounce on :)
    Dickson with the dropsies, and a draftee too slow to get separation and can't high point the ball? If Pitta gets hurt, we're a bit screwed.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Dickson with the dropsies, and a draftee too slow to get separation and can't high point the ball? If Pitta gets hurt, we're a bit screwed.
    I've been disappointed with Dickson as well but 1. im not sure if his opportunities and targets are high enough to say he cant catch the football 2. i dont feel like he's a finished product

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ozzie newsome on biggest needs mentioned the middle of the defense needs to be concentrated on
    I think this is most telling. Sounds like, they will be adding a NEW safety or working to keep Ed, also...sheds questions on the health of McClain and need to sign Ellerbe. Cody has been a bust, and needs to be replaced or used soley as a wave player. Hope Hall and Tyson develop. Looks like the draft will be targeted on DT, ILB and S positions. Too, bad about Cody....thought he would really be at least a very solid player. I know this sounds crazy, but signing Casey Hampton as a stopgap wave player depending on what happens post draft might not be a bad idea. He would fit in nicely and played well this season, but Pittsburgh can't afford him. I wouldnt mind seeing him get 20-30 snaps a game on an incentive laden deal.

Blog Entries

Ozzie basically said we need a nose tackle, which is pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ozzie basically said we need a nose tackle, which is pretty obvious.
    Johnathan Jenkins would be nice if he slips. Either him or Jesse Williams a little later in the draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Johnathan Jenkins would be nice if he slips. Either him or Jesse Williams a little later in the draft.
    I wouldn't mind Jessie Williams in the second round at all. The dude is a monster, and for some reason people only see him as a 2 down DT. Just because he doesn't rush the passer, that doesn't mean you don't take him, the whole point of nose tackles is that he eats up the center and the right guard, which creates holes for the pass rushers, or make plays in run support. Terrence Cody gets blocked one on one by the center every time, we need to upgrade the NT position if we want to stick with the 3-4.

Bart Scott to be cut in the coming days or weeks

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ong-jets-cuts/

I'd say he falls a long the lines of Jamie Sharper in the patheon of Ex-Ravens linebackers

Blog Entries

Two prospects that I'm really high on atm, Zach Ertz is someone I wouldn't mind at 32, I actually prefer him to Eifert, he has a lot of Jason Witten in him. The other guy, I mentioned him earlier today, is Kiko Alonso. The guy had some character issues, and had issues with drink, but man what a day 2 pick this guy would be, I actually like him better than Manti Teo, he is so quick around the park.

Agree with Leach about Alonso. The biggest issue about Te'o is his speed. It sometimes gets over exaggerated (he's not like a defensive lineman which I have heard before), but he does have below average speed which is going ot kill him in coverage (all i can picture is a Ray Lewis super bowl performance). Ellerbe is a good mold of comparison for an ideal MLB in terms of tackling:coverage ratio and I dont think Te'o fits it

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I've been disappointed with Dickson as well but 1. im not sure if his opportunities and targets are high enough to say he cant catch the football 2. i dont feel like he's a finished product
    Not sure I understand the rationale of him not getting enough targets to judge his hands when the few targets he does get he drops.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Two prospects that I'm really high on atm, Zach Ertz is someone I wouldn't mind at 32, I actually prefer him to Eifert, he has a lot of Jason Witten in him. The other guy, I mentioned him earlier today, is Kiko Alonso. The guy had some character issues, and had issues with drink, but man what a day 2 pick this guy would be, I actually like him better than Manti Teo, he is so quick around the park.
    I watched most of Oregon's games this year, mainly because they're fun to watch. I can't say I know a lot about Alonzo's overall game, but you hear his name a lot on the broadcasts. Phil Steele has him listed at 6'4" 246 in his preseason guide. Don't know his speed but he always seemed to be around the ball. No clue about him dropping into coverage though. Still, for a guy who probably won't be drafted, IMHO in the first 3 rounds, he's one to watch.