Page 32 of 333 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Bumphis is intriguing.

I like Emory Blake out of Auburn, Markus Wheaton out of Oregon State, and possibly Roy Roundtree out of Michigan. I think Roundtree is pretty underrated as a receiver. He never had a real QB to throw him the ball and was always in a gadget offense.
    Good point on Roundtree. I'll watch him this wknd.

Of Miss State's 2800 passing yards Bumphis has 900+; and of 22 receiving TDs he has 12. All while probably drawing safety-over most of the time. He has Steve Smith thickness and shows good feet and change of direction on a couple of punt returns. Need to see actual game film though.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Alot of mocks have Te'o going to Detroit at 6, or the Browns at 9. Now the Browns wouldn't make much sense as they have DQ"well and they have more obvious pressing needs. The Lions thats a iffy but I don't see that organization making a move like that, I'd look at more of a DE/OLB for them making more sense.

But essentially thats all I'm wondering, is he worth this years 1st and 2nd, next years 1st and a 4th? Because thats what Atlanta gave up to jump up to 6th to get Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Alot of mocks have Te'o going to Detroit at 6, or the Browns at 9. Now the Browns wouldn't make much sense as they have DQ"well and they have more obvious pressing needs. The Lions thats a iffy but I don't see that organization making a move like that, I'd look at more of a DE/OLB for them making more sense.

But essentially thats all I'm wondering, is he worth this years 1st and 2nd, next years 1st and a 4th? Because thats what Atlanta gave up to jump up to 6th to get Jones.
    I vote yes. This offseason is going to be a sea change, and to re-inspire the organization, you need to draft your next cornerstone player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post

If they are going to make a move like that, then it should really be for Luke Joeckel.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

You don't mortgage your future for an ILB.

The only guys you mortgage your future for are those who: 1) throw the football, 2) protect the guy who throws the football (and this includes elite WRs who he can throw to anytime, anyplace), or 3) attack the other team's guy who throws the football.

In THIS particular draft, I don't think there are really any ultra-elite prospects worth giving up a whole draft for. We're just too thin everywhere. A guy like Luke Joeckel is a good player but I wouldn't move up 20 spots for him, honestly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You don't mortgage your future for an ILB.

The only guys you mortgage your future for are those who: 1) throw the football, 2) protect the guy who throws the football (and this includes elite WRs who he can throw to anytime, anyplace), or 3) attack the other team's guy who throws the football.

In THIS particular draft, I don't think there are really any ultra-elite prospects worth giving up a whole draft for. We're just too thin everywhere. A guy like Luke Joeckel is a good player but I wouldn't move up 20 spots for him, honestly.
    Luke Joekel isn't that good, frankly, he isn't as good as last years top LT prospect (Matt Kalil) either.

I think if he's there 5 spots before we're picking, I'm all for it. But I'd rather wait, and take a chance on a smaller school prospect in Eric Fisher, who remains a very underrated prospect from what I've seen.

And I agree about the ILB point. I wouldn't trade up 10 spaces for Teo, and he's probably my favourite college player since Adrian Peterson.

It's all about value to me. Why trade up 10 spaces for Joekel or Teo, when you can wait for players like Fisher and Kevin Minter to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If they are going to make a move like that, then it should really be for Luke Joeckel.
    Dig. I'd celebrate a trade up for The Joker if we cant make anything happen in FA (Albert, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think if he's there 5 spots before we're picking, I'm all for it. But I'd rather wait, and take a chance on a smaller school prospect in Eric Fisher, who remains a very underrated prospect from what I've seen.
    Watch PIT take Fisher. I can see it coming.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Watch PIT take Fisher. I can see it coming.
    Please don't let it happen!

Although that pick to me wouldn't make much sense, they have used two second one picks already on Gilbert and Mike Adams. Adams had his issues this year, but Gilbert was very solid in his rookie year and until he went down.

Blog Entries

What about Matt Elam as a Reed replacement?

11. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

In your guys' opinion...Who, at this point, looks to be a better pro. Alec Ogeltree or CJ Moseley? From my perspective as of now, I'd rather have Ogeltree because perhaps this is just me, but I feel he's more athletic and has the ability to be a stud. I don't like his size though to be honest; I feel he's a bit lean. Moseley looks to be more of a gritty, sure tackler that can do everything well.

I also am keeping an eye out on some of the 3-4 ends and pass rushers. I believe we need to really get faster in the front seven. Safety could also be a big need. From what I've seen, Vaccaro, Elam, Jefferson and Reid are the top guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    In your guys' opinion...Who, at this point, looks to be a better pro. Alec Ogeltree or CJ Moseley? From my perspective as of now, I'd rather have Ogeltree because perhaps this is just me, but I feel he's more athletic and has the ability to be a stud. I don't like his size though to be honest; I feel he's a bit lean. Moseley looks to be more of a gritty, sure tackler that can do everything well.

I also am keeping an eye out on some of the 3-4 ends and pass rushers. I believe we need to really get faster in the front seven. Safety could also be a big need. From what I've seen, Vaccaro, Elam, Jefferson and Reid are the top guys.
    Well Moseley is returning to college anyway. Alec Ogletree is tall and lean, but I don't see him get physically outmatched by any linemen, I'm not sure if strength is a weakness from what I've seen of him if that's what you are worried about. I personally prefer Kevin Minter out of LSU though.