Page 112 of 333 FirstFirst ... 110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,333 to 1,344 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

I'd rather Sam Baker than Brandon Albert.

Albert is better than Oher, but that isn't saying much. Albert still gave up a lot of pressures this year. Depending on the contract, I wouldn't be all that interested in him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Some Senior Bowl Updates...

Alabama OT DJ Fluker measured in at 6'5" and 355lbs. However, by all accounts he was a pretty solid 355lbs. He's just incredibly broad in the shoulders, wide in the hips, huge legs, and so far has the longest arms of any lineman.

Denard Robinson was a bit of a disappointment. He was listed at 6' and measured in at just under 5'11".

31 and 4/8ths inch arms for Justin Pugh will hurt him a bit. Also with Yanda and KO at G do you guys feel that much better about Gino starting next year?

From the Sr Bowl

Jared Counterman‏@DH_Counterman

Listed 6'1" RT @dpbrugler: WR Markus Wheaton 5110 183
    C'mon son.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 01-21-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Blog Entries

From the Sr Bowl

Definitely shorter. RT @NEPD_Loyko: khaseem Greene 6004 236 shorter than listed
    Don't care. Dude is always around the ball and looking to make something happen.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 01-21-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd rather Sam Baker than Brandon Albert.

Albert is better than Oher, but that isn't saying much. Albert still gave up a lot of pressures this year. Depending on the contract, I wouldn't be all that interested in him.
    I'm with you. Albert is overrated. He has the talent but not the heart. Baker was a disappointment because of where he was drafted. That's meaningless now. He is a solid but unspectacular pass blocker. That means he could be a lot more cap friendly.

Ouch, been hearing Wheaton's name more in recent weeks. BPR, curious to hear your thoughts on Ace Sanders? I think he's a guy you could get in the 4th and maybe groom for a year and you could have a lesser expensive Tavon Austin. I havent seen alot of tape that showcase his feet and route running but he is lightning quick, compact and even goes up to get the football higher then you'd expect. Also a great return guy.
    Last edited by Carey; 01-21-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Yes. Boldin has a base salary of $6 million with a $1.53 signing bonus (dead money). Jones is due $3 million base salary + $1 million roster bonus with $900k in dead money.

If we were to just move on from both, we would free up $10 million, which is awfully nice. I'm not sure I like the thought of Flacco without Boldin though.
    After this playoff run they must be thinking about some type of reasonable extension for Boldin. Hopefully he'll be interested. Harbaugh absolutely loves the guy and he sure looks a lot better without Cam calling the plays.

From the Sr Bowl

Dane Brugler‏@dpbrugler

#TexasAM WR Ryan Swope with 8 1/8 hands, smallest of WR group. #Michigan WR Denard Robinson the biggest at 10 #SeniorBowl

Retweeted by Joe Goodberry
    Damn! Robinson has huge hands for a small guy. I REALLLLLLY want to see him operate at WR now. Geeze...10"

I know the velocity difference from NCAA to NFL, but Swope's hands certainly haven't held him back to-date.

Quinton Patton at barely 6'0 flat despite being listed at 6'2 kind of surprised me. You like to see him come in over 200lb though and 32+ inch arms are very good for a WR. Nice catch radius potential.

Terrance Williams not even 6'2 with some pretty short arms... Ryan Swope has midget hands (8 1/8, absolutely tiny).

Ryan Otten at only 235 surprised me a bit. He looks more solid than that on tape. He'll need to gain 10 pounds minimum to be an in-line TE option.

Justin Pugh's measurements... surprisingly bad. Most of the other OTs measured in well. DJ Fluker is a freak. No real surprises at the other positions that I saw.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    After this playoff run they must be thinking about some type of reasonable extension for Boldin. Hopefully he'll be interested. Harbaugh absolutely loves the guy and he sure looks a lot better without Cam calling the plays.
    Hopefully Boldin feels the same; he is perfect for this team. Maybe he is willing to take a small haircut to stay...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!