Page 214 of 333 FirstFirst ... 212213214215216 ... LastLast
Results 2,557 to 2,568 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

If you have the ball in your hands, Serge Kona (safety from Duquesne) will f--- you up with a lemon twist. (Beverly Hills Cop reference)

Dude just flat-out plays violent. Some of these hits are lol funny, and I found myself happily looking forward to the next play to see who he was going to jack up next. He reads and closes super-fast, but I just can't determine his cover skills on highlight tape, so that's a mystery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lclaV5T0io8

As I said, this is a highlight tape -- which is pretty much the best you can do with small school guys unless they play a big school early in September or for HC. The quality stinks but look for the thick mane of dreads sticking out the back of his helmet. He's #32 but the dreads are much more noticeable.

Serge is like a Pollard but with more speed.
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 02-12-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    If you have the ball in your hands, Serge Kona (safety from Duquesne) will f--- you up with a lemon twist. (Beverly Hills Cop reference)

Dude just flat-out plays violent. Some of these hits are lol funny, and I found myself happily looking forward to the next play to see who he was going to jack up next. He reads and closes super-fast, but I just can't determine his cover skills on highlight tape, so that's a mystery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lclaV5T0io8

As I said, this is a highlight tape -- which is pretty much the best you can do with small school guys unless they play a big school early in September or for HC. The quality stinks but look for the thick mane of dreads sticking out the back of his helmet. He's #32 but the dreads are much more noticeable.

Serge is like a Pollard but with more speed.
    this is why I hate watching highlight reels, you get enamoured with a player too easy. That's got to be one of the best highlight reels I've seen. So many splash plays, fumbles everywhere, interceptions, great solid form open field tackling, lining up on the slot taking on receivers, blitzing, shutting down screens, guy seems to have everything in that video.

Can't even find a site with a ranking for this guy at all

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    this is why I hate watching highlight reels, you get enamoured with a player too easy. That's got to be one of the best highlight reels I've seen. So many splash plays, fumbles everywhere, interceptions, great solid form open field tackling, lining up on the slot taking on receivers, blitzing, shutting down screens, guy seems to have everything in that video.

Can't even find a site with a ranking for this guy at all
    I agree. It's really annoying.

Blog Entries

Lets officially start the Terrence Knighton to Baltimore bandwagon. Everyone join up as we seek to strengthen the middle of our defense, and get rid of those who get blown off the LOS (even though you weigh 350 lbs).

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lets officially start the Terrence Knighton to Baltimore bandwagon. Everyone join up as we seek to strengthen the middle of our defense, and get rid of those who get blown off the LOS (even though you weigh 350 lbs).
    Obviously I'm there. In fct, in my Ravens Madden 13 franchise I signed him going into my 2nd year within a few weeks of the game being released... so around the start of thsi past season.

Blog Entries

Ok, I think I've finally got over the Manti Teo thing, and would be happy to have him as our first round pick, but would still prefer Minter. Would be ok with Alec Ogletree, I'm not sure if he's an ideal fit in a 3-4 though. One of them will be at 32, there is no way three ILBs are going in the first round.

Ok, I think I've finally got over the Manti Teo thing, and would be happy to have him as our first round pick, but would still prefer Minter. Would be ok with Alec Ogletree, I'm not sure if he's an ideal fit in a 3-4 though. One of them will be at 32, there is no way three ILBs are going in the first round.
    What made you come around? Curious

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    What made you come around? Curious
    I thought about it long and hard and came to this conclusion.

Is he as good as I thought he was before the BCS game? No chance, I thought he was a top 5 prospect, but a lot of his production was against mediocre college teams. He lacks ideal speed that you want from an ILB in the NFL these days, and now has some character issues. I really dislike Notre Dame as a college football team, so when I heard about this GF hoax, I jumped on it as a reason NOT to draft Teo even if he fell to 32.

But put your self in his shoes, I think one of the contributing reasons to his poor display in the BCS game was due to his recent findings of his virtual GF. Before that game, he missed like what? Two tackles all year, thats still pretty amazing. I would pick this guy at 32, he would fill a gigantic immediate need for us at ILB, he can make all the defensive calls, and he is a run thumper. One thing people miss when saying all we need is coverage LBs, is that our run defense hasn't been as stout through the last two years, Teo could come in and help with that. Plus the fact that he's actually not bad in coverage, and probably better than Ellerbe, he did have a ton of interceptions afterall.

Was mulling through OLB free agents and noticed Antwan Barnes is a UFA. Had a shit year this year compared to 2011, but he could be a cheap alternative for a situational pass rusher when Upshaw comes out.

I thought about it long and hard and came to this conclusion.

Is he as good as I thought he was before the BCS game? No chance, I thought he was a top 5 prospect, but a lot of his production was against mediocre college teams. He lacks ideal speed that you want from an ILB in the NFL these days, and now has some character issues. I really dislike Notre Dame as a college football team, so when I heard about this GF hoax, I jumped on it as a reason NOT to draft Teo even if he fell to 32.

But put your self in his shoes, I think one of the contributing reasons to his poor display in the BCS game was due to his recent findings of his virtual GF. Before that game, he missed like what? Two tackles all year, thats still pretty amazing. I would pick this guy at 32, he would fill a gigantic immediate need for us at ILB, he can make all the defensive calls, and he is a run thumper. One thing people miss when saying all we need is coverage LBs, is that our run defense hasn't been as stout through the last two years, Teo could come in and help with that. Plus the fact that he's actually not bad in coverage, and probably better than Ellerbe, he did have a ton of interceptions afterall.
    That was a very logical, level-minded take on Teo. Probably the best I've read on the internet. :hammer:

If we draft Jesse Williams - Aussie Raven is going to bust a nut! :p

RE: Te'o - I wouldn't mind him. But seeing as how our LBs have been lit up all year in coverage; I would rather someone with the range and coverage ability.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redramsam View Post

That was a very logical, level-minded take on Teo. Probably the best I've read on the internet. :hammer:
    A couple of us on here have been promoting the idea of taking T'eo if he drops.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.