Page 119 of 333 FirstFirst ... 117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,417 to 1,428 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Burifict and to a lesser extent Dennard of the Patriots is exactly the reason why I see some team drafting him. Some coach will think they can fix him and get a steal.
    I would not be disappointed if the Ravens took a high risk/high reward player, Da'Rick Rogers, at the end of the 2nd round (if he's still on the board). That guy could end up being a Julio Jones clone. Big, fast, and not afraid to go across the middle. If he could get his off-field act together, that would be a steal. Risky, but then again . . .

Various comments from Tony Pauline...

Tony Pauline‏@TonyPauline

Another dominant day for Larry Warford/G/Kentucky.

Again: Montori Hughes/Tenn-Martin. Terrific quickness and power. Bullrushing opponents off the line.

Zeke Ansah/BYU: lot of flashes little consistency.

Margus Hunt DL SMU

6082 277 9.58 33.38

Tues: Looks the part and flashed ability yet at times was easily handled by opponents. Needs to really fine tune and polish his game.
    Alex Okafor DL Texas

6045 261 9.00 33.18

Tues: Like his game and motor. Uses all his assets to their maximum yet not a great athlete.
    Datone Jones DL UCLA

6041 280 9.68 32.18

Tues: Flashed dominance throughout the day but there was no level of consistency in his play making. Thoroughly beat blockers on several downs then would disappear for stretches.
    Kawann Short DL Purdue

6032 308 9.48 32.78

Tues: Solid day for short. Was impossible to stop on the inside at times and displayed a good change of direction with the ability to get outside the box and pursue plays.
    David Quessenberry OL San Jose State

6050 294 9.38 33.78

Tues: Lined up at both guard and tackle. There’s a lot to like about his game; mechanics, athleticism, quickness. Needs work yet has an upside.

Justin Pugh OL Syracuse

6047 301 10.0 31.48

Tues: Lined up at both tackle and guard. Quick, moves well and blocks with solid fundamentals. Very quick in his pass set-ups. Marginal strength and never really finished blocks.
    Ricky Wagner OL Wisconsin

6061 310 10.1 33.48

Tues: Give him high grades for effort but looked marginally athletic and often times was holding on for dear life.

Brian Winters OL Kent State

6034 310 9.48 32

Tues: Looked dominant at times. Terrific size, build and strength. Annihilated opponents at the line then showed surprising skill blocking in motion.

Blog Entries

I still think we end up with Elam in the 1st round.

Blog Entries

I like Alex Okafor, but I don't think he would be what this team needs as a pass rusher. I just don't think he's dynamic enough. However, as a straight-line pass rusher, he'd be pretty good. We could do a lot worse.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I've never been so sure about a player that is born to be a Raven coming out of college for a long time.

6. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

I love Elam as a first round pick. What does everyone think of Sylvester Williams? I think he's being severely underrated as a late second- early third pick right now. He played injured all year, and on a terrible defense, but still had solid production. Is he a possibility for the Ravens in the second? Can he only play in a 4-3? The guy played very well in 2011 at 330.

IMHO...considering I don't expect any LT's or DL worth a first at our upcoming slot, Elam is my favorite pick.

Totally on board with him being a Raven.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Brian Winters OL Kent State

6034 310 9.48 32

Tues: Looked dominant at times. Terrific size, build and strength. Annihilated opponents at the line then showed surprising skill blocking in motion...
    This could be a great pick in the mid rounds, if he lasts that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think the Ravens will end up with a defensive impact player with their first pick, but it depends on what value is there. It could be safety, linebacker, or D-line. In the bigger picture it won't make a big difference because any value player in one of those spots would fill a need. They can always fill other needs as the draft goes.

I also am not a fan of Jenkins.

The same stuff we are hearing about him were said about Cody...questionable motor, going to need to get in shape and control his weight...wasn't dominant in college.

No way I take him in the first.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I like Kasheme Greene in the second, yeah he's only 6'0, but he weighs 237 lbs, good weight for that height. He is very athletic and speedy, he runs around the field making tackles, he was an emotional leader at Rutgers, he could be a very solid second day pick. Matt Elam and Greene would be very solid picks. I would go with a wideout or OL in the 3rd round.

Ill be very disappointed if we don't get Elam. He's a playmaker, he has whatever it is.

And so does Mathieu, I also wouldn't mind grabbing him with a comp pick in the 5th or 6th.

Immediately plays a role on special teams, can help in the slot corner positions, play some safety if stuck.