I could see the Chiefs waiting a year or even two on a QB and seeing how they do with what they have. Cassel might be serviceable in Reid's system in the short term, while they build that team up.

They actually have a lot of talent, and if they play their cards right, they might not need a big time QB to be successful over the next couple seasons, while they build up a base of a good team. When a true franchise QB finally comes along, then they can make their move.

They're probably better off, like most teams, going for a top pass rusher, or a beast to put at tackle. If I'm them I'm taking Werner or Joeckel or Lotuleilei or somebody like that. None of the QBs on the board are good enough to patch over the problems on that team. Better coaching and more depth can get them borderline competititve/ playoff worthy. A new QB just for the sake of saying they drafted one seems very "Detroit Lion"-ish to me. ("Hey, look at that Wide Receiver, he had 10 touchdowns in college last year, lets' draft him in the top ten!!!")