Page 205 of 333 FirstFirst ... 203204205206207 ... LastLast
Results 2,449 to 2,460 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I would almost want to take Austin just so nobody else ends up with him. He is going to be a coverage nightmare in the league. I can see New England taking him in the first and letting Welker walk.
    There is no way. Slot/3rd WR is nowhere near a priority for this team. Not with the depth available on the D-line in the first two rounds, and the need to grab an ILB with size and speed in coverage.

Everybody and their brother is mocking him to NE, and it makes sense -- he runs those same kinds of routes as Welker, and NE is probably tired of Welker bitching about his contract every 5 minutes while he's dropping passes downfield in big games. In Austin they can have a guy who's faster, and can catch those 3 yard handoffs just as well as Welker can, and who probably catches better downfield too.

And frankly -- though it is possible -- I'd have to see where Caldwell would be changing the offense to make better use of the skillset of this type of player. Right now we would not have a ton of use for him, but if the offense were to change some more (and it very well could BTW., I'm not ruling it out by any means) then maybe an Austin type makes more sense.

At this point any WR depth is going to come later in the draft, and I anticipate them keeping Boldin and JJ somehow, someway next year.

Blog Entries

Ellerbe just tweeted that he's heading back to Baltimore. Wonder if he's coming to sign a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Ellerbe just tweeted that he's heading back to Baltimore. Wonder if he's coming to sign a contract?
    Hmmm...not if AW is quiet. He'd know.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    He probably just forgot his keys and/or SB47 commemorative t-shirt. :p
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Does anyone know when the Ravens FO gets back from Florida?

You don't tweet whoop of you going back to train or something. That screams deal to me. Here's the link

https://twitter.com/ellerbe59/status/300751937509404672

I'm pretty sure he is going to test the market.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'm pretty sure he is going to test the market.
    What do you make of the tweet then?

I think he has a place here since he has made his home here for the last 4 years and until he actually leaves, he still considers himself a Baltimore Raven.

Frankly, I don't think Ozzie is in the position to offer him a deal until he figures out what's going on with Joe...we don't even know how much cap space we are going to have.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think he has a place here since he has made his home here for the last 4 years and until he actually leaves, he still considers himself a Baltimore Raven.

Frankly, I don't think Ozzie is in the position to offer him a deal until he figures out what's going on with Joe...we don't even know how much cap space we are going to have.
    Fair enough, seemed excited to be going home though, I hope your incorrect lol

I think the Ravens should take a hard look at Larry Grant... He's a guy that could just be in a bad spot. There aren't many guys that could start over Willis and Bowman. He's also really good in coverage.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

He had a fantastic year.

His run defense needs to improve, but he's the perfect center fielder, he really surprised me this year, I kind of expected him to be nothing more than another Tom Zibikowski. His coverage was immense, and that's in a pass happy division, he did great for a rookie. Time will tell when we re visit this with Upshaw vs Harrison, because we had the clear choice between the two. Upshaw was spectacular in run defense, but has shown nothing as a pass rusher in his rookie year, although I have a feeling he'll eventually come into his own as a pass rusher, at least we know he can set the edge to an elite level already though.

Another guy who had a very solid year that we had a shot at getting was Cordy Glenn. I think it was you who thought he could be a LT in this league, well so far you're right. Glenn was very solid at LT this season, and could be the Bills franchise LT for years to come. Everyone thought he'd be a guard or RT at best.

Makes you wonder if KO could actually play LT in the NFL.
    I really liked Cordy Glenn a lot. He was huge, so folks pigeon holed him into a guard or RT. He showed a lot of nice footwork at the combine to go along with long arms.

He would have been an awesome pick.

Nothing against Uoshaw...but imagine Glenn at LT and KO at LG.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.