Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
Me too.

Do you classify Michael Williams into that slow/lumbering group?

I don't. He's no speedster, but he's pretty solid. I'd be happy with Michael Williams as a mid-to-late round pick up.
Me personally... I've cooled on Williams after watching a good bit of tape on him. I think his upside is basically Brandon Pettigrew... obviously a good blocker, tough, I think he can contribute in the passing game but primarily by running short curls, flats, etc. and making catches to move the chains. His size and physicality will also allow him to do some work in the red zone.

The problem is that he has none of the change of direction, body control, or athleticism of elite pass-catching TEs. He might be able to trick you a little bit with his straight-line speed but he's not going to get a lot of YAC or stretch the field vertically with his lack of fluidity. He's just a very old-fashioned prospect that teams are never going to be afraid of getting dominated by.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Ravens draft him and I wouldn't really dislike it if it were in the later rounds. He's very "old Ravens offense." He'll block, move the chains on occasion, and outmuscle guys for TDs on occasion. But he is in no way, shape, or form dynamic... which is kind of what I'm hoping the "new Ravens offense" will be.