Page 170 of 333 FirstFirst ... 168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 2,029 to 2,040 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

I forgot that I bookmarked this little gem.
    Here are some pros from this and last decade going at it 1-on-1.
    It can help for evaluating WRs' route running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSyE2E0Dvno

Giants just cut Michael Boley...I know we won't be able to afford him, but I would have loved to have been able to match him up with Ellerbe. He would bring a lot of speed and athleticism to the front 7.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wouldn't make sense at all.

Not unless the Ravens only view Gino as a depth player, and honestly need a starter at C, and I very much doubt that. I know that you take the BPA and all, but we are literally set at G and C for the next few years. I guess the Ravens may view him as a potential OT, he did play LT pretty well for Alabama in 2011, but he really isn't athletic enough IMO to play OT in the NFL.

Thanks, I know we do have Gino, I for one hopes he pans out very well. Another 2012 draftee in the lineup.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Thanks, I know we do have Gino, I for one hopes he pans out very well. Another 2012 draftee in the lineup.
    Well, I think people still need to tempt their expectations on Gino a bit too. I think he'll be good enough, and think he has potential to be great. He has a lot of upside, and appears to be a great zone blocker, the knock down on him of course is his size, he has a small frame, but so do a lot of very good centers. I wouldn't say its 100 % certain that he's the starting C next season like many on here would like to think, he is after all just a fourth round pick, nobody is talking about Christian Thompson potentially starting at FS next season, and he was drafted in the same round last year.

With all that said, it would be a great story if he pans out in the offseason. You would have a center from Delaware who transfered from a big school to become a star at a small school, just like Flacco did, and while it wouldn't look good for the big leagues of college ball, I would take that any day of the week in Baltimore.

Right now next years Oline is likely to be....

McKinnie (If re-signed)-KO-Gino-Yanda-Oher

John Clayton was on TV and said the cap is only going up 300k over last year around the league and with the abundance of FA's and expect a lot of quality to be release as cap casualities that he expects salaries to do down this year, bad year to be FA. Too many FA's with a few teams having money to spend. A few of those teams who have money to spend do have lots of cap room, but expect a glut of FA's to hit the market with few places to go.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    John Clayton was on TV and said the cap is only going up 300k over last year around the league and with the abundance of FA's and expect a lot of quality to be release as cap casualities that he expects salaries to do down this year, bad year to be FA. Too many FA's with a few teams having money to spend. A few of those teams who have money to spend do have lots of cap room, but expect a glut of FA's to hit the market with few places to go.
    That probably works out in our favor, we're in the market for mid range FAs only at best, so maybe they'll be forced to sign for cheaper deals than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wouldn't make sense at all.

Not unless the Ravens only view Gino as a depth player, and honestly need a starter at C, and I very much doubt that. I know that you take the BPA and all, but we are literally set at G and C for the next few years. I guess the Ravens may view him as a potential OT, he did play LT pretty well for Alabama in 2011, but he really isn't athletic enough IMO to play OT in the NFL.
    We do not know what the Ravens feelings are about Gino at this point, he was only a 4th rounder. I am not sure Birk is retiring either, he said in an interview he wanted to play more a few weeks ago and felt the best he felt in years. I guess we will know in the next few weeks. Birk was very solid all year, very underrated play this year.

Blog Entries

We do not know what the Ravens feelings are about Gino at this point, he was only a 4th rounder. I am not sure Birk is retiring either, he said in an interview he wanted to play more a few weeks ago and felt the best he felt in years. I guess we will know in the next few weeks. Birk was very solid all year, very underrated play this year.
    We need the cap room, doesn't make great sense keeping a 36 year old C on the roster, when we have a ton of other cheaper options, and one who we used a 4th round pick on last year. Like I said, there are certainly no gurantees at all that Gino is starting next season, even though there are some around here who think he's automatically going to win the job, but I think there's a good 75 % chance Gino starts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    What order would you put them in?
    1. Matt Elam
    2. Tyler Eiffert
    3. Datone Jones
    4. DeAndre Hopkins
    5. Manti T'eo
    6. Kevin Minter
    7. Barrett Jones
    8. Margus Hunt
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Like all those selctions except the WR from Clemson.
    I would be surprised if they went receiver in round 1, but Hopkins would be an outstanding choice. That guy is just a hell of an all around receiver. Excellent routes, solid quickness/speed, great hands, decent size. His game is VERY similar to that of Reggie Wayne.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Barrett Jones?? Is he a strong Possibility for the ravens at 32?
    I think that there is a strong possibility that he'll be there.

However, I don't know that the Ravens would take him. I think they've got a good thing going right now with KO at LG, Yanda at RG, and Oher at RT. It would be a shame to mix all of that up and while B. Jones is a solid player, he is probably a center and/or guard in the NFL. He wasn't a bad LT at Alabama, but he was a much better center.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Giants just cut Michael Boley...I know we won't be able to afford him, but I would have loved to have been able to match him up with Ellerbe. He would bring a lot of speed and athleticism to the front 7.
    He's a 31 year old nickel linebacker. I don't think he'd be very expensive at all. I would just be concerned with his durability.