Page 43 of 333 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Well he's Bama. I'm guessing that, yeah, he will be Ozzie's pick in the first.

I like Jones but not as that 1st round "difference maker" that I'm looking for b/c 1) I'm rolling with the assumption that the FO thinks Gino is the C for 2013 (as uncomfortable as that assumption makes me), and 2) I'm not yet convinced that Jones is a quality T.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Jones is not gifted athletically enough to be a good LT in the NFL, and even at C he got dominated up front at the hands of John Jenkins a number of times in the SEC game. I don't think he's worth a first round pick, but someone to look out for if we trade back into the second.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I like Jones but not as that 1st round "difference maker" that I'm looking for b/c 1) I'm rolling with the assumption that the FO thinks Gino is the C for 2013 (as uncomfortable as that assumption makes me), and 2) I'm not yet convinced that Jones is a quality T.
    I agree about Jones, i like him as a player as well, just dont know how good of a LT he'd be. I think he can play it, im not sure if he can excel, i want my first round pick to have the upside to excel, if you move him to LG i think he's better off but i want a stud if i take a LG in the first round. I think he could play Center effectively as well but i like Gino and his upside.

As far as Gino i get people's concern but i think if they can bulk him up this offseason and get him some reps in preseason and at training camp and preseason i think he'll be ok.

Blog Entries

If Manti Teo slips out of the top 10, I'd give up a bunch to get him, he is honestly going to be that good in the NFL. We won't get him, but whatever team gets him is going to be a very lucky team.

I tell you what...the more I've been watching Ellerbe play this year, the less of a huge need at ILB I think we have...he just has to get better in his drops and zone awareness and I think we'd have a stud.

I still think we should take another ILB though in the first 3 rounds as I think we should let McClain go.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I tell you what...the more I've been watching Ellerbe play this year, the less of a huge need at ILB I think we have...he just has to get better in his drops and zone awareness and I think we'd have a stud.

I still think we should take another ILB though in the first 3 rounds as I think we should let McClain go.
    I think Ellerbe and Arthur Brown would be an impressive duo inside, i would still double dip at LB because i think we need multiple guys that can operate in space but i'd take a 2nd guy later in the draft like the 5th round take can give us depth in the nickel. But Ellerbe seems to have put it all together, he's been terrific, hopefully its been under the radar, im gonna be pissed if we hold on to Mcclain or not cut a vet and dont have a shot to keep Ellerbe and Kruger.

With Ellerbe as one starter I'd like a rangy LB next to him. Ogletree fits great but I'm still trying to find a couple of 3rd-5th value guys. Anyone?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

With Ellerbe as one starter I'd like a rangy LB next to him. Ogletree fits great but I'm still trying to find a couple of 3rd-5th value guys. Anyone?
    Arthur brown. I'm firmly on his bandwagon

Blog Entries

Andrew Jackson, check his clips against Alabama. Run stuffer is the definition of this guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Arthur brown. I'm firmly on his bandwagon
    Watched his tape vs Texas tech, and he looked awful as a run defender. I counted like 8 miss tackles where he got blown out the way by Olinemen, has some upside as a nikel LB who can drop back, plus he made a nice interception at the end, but unless we go into a full time 4-3 scheme, he is about as bad as you can get for a 3-4 ILB fit.

^Raveninwoodlawn kinda opened my eyes to Jonathan Bostic from Florida, i think he could be had in the 3rd. Gerald Hodges i also think could be had in the 3rd, not near as rangy as the Ogletree's and Brown's but i think he could get the job done and be an upgrade over what we have currently as far as cover guys. Kevin Reddick is probably a 4th round guy, has the potential but never played at the level many hoped. After that i see alot of guys that i think might struggle to shed blocks in a 34 or are more thumper types like what we have already. I definetely feel we need to get another nickel LB in that 4th to 5th round range after securing a Brown or Ogletree earlier. I dont think the guy necessarily has to be a guy that projects as a 3 down player at any point. I'd take a SS conversion type guy like Kenny Tate and tell him just worry about covering TE's and backs on 3rd and be an all pro ST performer.