Page 133 of 333 FirstFirst ... 131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,585 to 1,596 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

When the Ravens took Gino knowing Birk was close to the end i think they fully expected that he'd be the Center in 2013. I see no reason to veer away from that. If you put Gino in this draft there's only 2 possibly 3 guys you'd take ahead of him at the center spot. I for one think he's gonna be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    :word

He was trouble coming out of college and I still wanted to draft him. I learned my lesson. Young is bad news. We don't want that kind of attitude here.
    I was wrong also. I very much wanted him here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I was wrong also. I very much wanted him here.
    A lot of us did. In fact, several thought the Ravens were going to take him in the 1st round.

You never know though. Young could have come to Baltimore and been just fine.

It sounds to me like he and Schwartz just really don't mesh well together. Not saying that the way Young is acting is wrong, but he could easily get cut/signed elsewhere and be just fine.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A lot of us did. In fact, several thought the Ravens were going to take him in the 1st round.

You never know though. Young could have come to Baltimore and been just fine.

It sounds to me like he and Schwartz just really don't mesh well together. Not saying that the way Young is acting is wrong, but he could easily get cut/signed elsewhere and be just fine.
    Young would have been worse here. He's upset about not getting the ball enough. The Lions throw the ball more than any team in the NFL. We've seen veteran receivers get upset by the same thing in Cam's offense in years past. I can't imagine Young would have been happy in a Jacoby Jones type roll on offense. Maybe goes to a team that is desperate for a receiver like the Browns and gets his catches but that wasn't happening here.

Count me in the Titus Young camp.

I actually preferred him over Torrey.

Just goes to show how much of a crap shoot the draft is.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Speaking of Titus Young... this kid is just unbelievable. Got basically kicked off the team for conduct detrimental now is spending his offseason on Twitter posting tirades about how much he hates the team and how he's daring them to cut him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ck-on-twitter/

What an absolute putz and a clown this kid is. Does he think another team is going to jump to sign such a malcontent?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Speaking of Titus Young... this kid is just unbelievable. Got basically kicked off the team for conduct detrimental now is spending his offseason on Twitter posting tirades about how much he hates the team and how he's daring them to cut him.

What an absolute putz and a clown this kid is. Does he think another team is going to jump to sign such a malcontent?
    I'm sure he - and his agent - certainly do.

There is always going to be that coach out there who thinks that he can turn a kid around.

If the Lions cut Titus Young, which they should, then I guarantee you that at least Rex Ryan and/or Pete Carroll would be interested.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

He'll be out of the NFL soon. Then, he'll realize how fast he can be replaced in the NFL.

bengals-b.jpg

Blog Entries

Wow... Young is out of his mind. So does he even make it to OTAs or should we start the calendar betting now on when hes released?
    -JAB

Surprised the ravens only met with one defensive back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    His obsession with size is a little overboard IMHO.

Chris Meyers is the best center in the NFL IMHO, and not only is there the size thing that you brought up, but he was a 6th round pick.

I've seen enough of Gino to see that he looks like he belongs out there. I'd be concerned if he never played, or if he looked overwhelmed when he did play, but from what I've seen when he's played, he's surpassed my expectations and I can't imagine a scenario where the team isn't happy with him.

He will get every single opportunity to be the starter this offseason.
    Ok sorry for liking big centers and guards, really sorry for that.