Page 190 of 333 FirstFirst ... 188189190191192 ... LastLast
Results 2,269 to 2,280 of 3987
    Blog Entries
    You know, Datone Jones is a real possibility at 32 if he is there.

5 Technique in a 3-4? Check.
    Rush the passer? Check.
    Set the edge? Check.

6'4" 285lbs.

Kind of like a more all around McPhee.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Cool Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Rush the passer? Check.
    Set the edge? Check.

6'4" 285lbs.

Sounds good to me Wicked. Hey, what's your opinion on Faulk as a possible LT prospect (and if so, in what round)?

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Rush the passer? Check.
    Set the edge? Check.

6'4" 285lbs.

The more I think about it, the more I'd love to have a shot at Jones.

My top 3 favorites for who I want at the 32nd spot...being realistic as to who may be there are Elam, Jones and Minter...I've really come to like him more and more.

My favorite media/ex scout guy (Daniel Jeremiah apparently really likes Minter as well)...

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

I'm watching LSU defense vs Florida…This is a Kevin Minter highlight tape.
    RT @YahooForde: He was unbelievable that game. RT @MoveTheSticks I'm watching LSU defense vs Florida…This is a Kevin Minter highlight tape.

I've see all I need to see from Kevin Minter…Instincts, burst, explosive striker, sorts through the trash, great effort. I'm in. #Draft

RT @matt_miz: very good fit for Ravens, no? > When I scouted there, we focused on speed, toughness and instincts. Minter checks all 3 boxes
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I'd love to have a shot at Jones.

My top 3 favorites for who I want at the 32nd spot...being realistic as to who may be there are Elam, Jones and Minter...I've really come to like him more and more.

My favorite media/ex scout guy (Daniel Jeremiah apparently really likes Minter as well)...
    Ray was also an undersized ILB.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Trade up in the 2nd for Tavon Austin
    If we still had Cam, I would think he wouldn't know how to use a player like this. But now with Caldwell...my interest is peaked. He would certainly add a new wrinkle to our offense. Local boy, dream come true.

Problem is he kind of overlaps with Jacoby for returns and Rice for screens. But I guess that could be a good problem to have. Austin looks made for the Patriots.
    Last edited by bt12483; 02-08-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    If we still had Cam, I would think he wouldn't know how to use a player like this. But now with Caldwell...my interest is peaked. He would certainly add a new wrinkle to our offense. Local boy, dream come true.

Problem is he kind of overlaps with Jacoby for returns and Rice for screens. But I guess that could be a good problem to have.
    as much as I like Jacoby, if we are able to draft Austin, then he becomes a bit expensive and superflous... maybe not quite expendable. I guess that's my way of sayingthat if the FO chooses Boldin over Jacoby in a one or the other scenario AND they draft Austin, then I would be happy withthe sum total.

Daniel Jeremiah loves Minter, says when he was scouting here they focus on 3 things with LB's 1. speed 2. toughness 3. instincts and Minter fits the bill. Talks about the Florida game being essentially a Minter highlight reel, which it was, he was tremendous in that game.

Blog Entries

They have Deonte Thompson and the draft to find developmental return guys who could become outside WRs. I don't think Jacoby Jones survives the off-season as a Raven.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    This generally seems right to me. I'd say there are a ton of B- players, particularly at the positions we most need to deal with (ILB and DL). Seems like the type of draft where the Ravens could excel, especially with 11 picks.

I will go maybe against the grain a little bit (against the majority perhaps) and say we'll do some type of package to either move up in the Second or get another Second or Third in this draft. Don't see anyone in the First we'd move up for, though maybe we'd ,move up 5-6 slots to grab a Hankins, or Elam, if it's getting late in the round and we want, for example, to jump a New England or SF to one of these guys.

I don't know that we need to sign 11 rookies, or that we'd want to even if we needed that many players to fill out the roster.
    Pretty much agreed with most of this. NO WAY WE TAKE 11 PLAYERS. 11 players is moves wasted and a bunch of cuts. Quality over quanity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Ozzie made it clear that they will not pass up a good offensive prospect if he is there. By some of the logic here, Ray Rice would not have been taken in the second round and Benard Pierce would not have been taken in the third.
    Eddie Lacy? ;)

Blog Entries

I'd be more than happy to have Sam Montgomery, Kevin Minter, or Datone Jones as first round picks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Eddie Lacy? ;)
    Hey.....you never know.