Page 158 of 333 FirstFirst ... 156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 1,885 to 1,896 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

If the ravens do cut Boldin, and draft a TE early couldn't they possibly slide Pitta to the slot? He would fill boldins role very nicely as he is physical and can go up and get the ball? Honestly I think we should draft the top safety in the first, double dip at linebacker, get a nt and then a receiver. This is the draft to replenish the defense, the offense under Caldwell seems to be clicking and do not need many pieces except for a possible LT, which I do not think one will fall far enough for us to get one. We need speed, and pass rushers. I think safety is the most important need in this years draft. The Ravens are not going to sell a whole draft to get that immediate impact LT and I'm going to be pissed as hell if they draft Aboushi he was abysmal during sr bowl practice

Blog Entries

Re: Premature draft talk.

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    Given that we have so many young guys, so many guys on IR and probably 11 draft picks i'd like to see them trade into next year like maybe a 3 and a 4 for somebody's 2 next year. I don't recall Oz ever doing that but belichek worked it very well for several years there. Once it gets going it seems like a team can continue in that vein if a good trade is available. Seems like the main problem is to have a stockpile of players and picks to get it started. Also next year Kruger and maybe Reed and Williams will bring decent comp picks and it doesn't likely that we will spend much on free agents this year.,
    That is definitely a possibility.

However, though this draft isn't what I would call "Top Heavy" with talent, there is still a lot of talent to be had, so with 11 picks you have to think that they would be able to target specific guys that they really want.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

How would you guys feel if we picked Jonathan Hankins with our first round pick?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How would you guys feel if we picked Jonathan Hankins with our first round pick?
    I would be down for that.

The guy is similar to BJ Raji. Very dominant DT with good push and run stopping ability. He'd be a major upgrade over Cody and Ma'ake, IMO.

Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I can't imagine anyone in the organization has approached any Raven player during the playoffs to tell them they were going to be released and weren't coming back. That would be beyond stupid.
    Well, these players understand it is a business.

I'm sure Boldin, Ozzie, and Harbs have all chatted and I'm sure they've let him know that there is a possibility that he may not be back with the Ravens next year unless they can figure out a contract extension. However, maybe they told him that they wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and explore his options for his - potentially - last deal.

I want to see Boldin retire a Raven though. Inconsistency aside, when he's on, he is one of the best slot receivers in the game. Had Caldwell been calling the shots all season, I think Boldin easily would have surpassed 1,000 yards and 80 receptions.

Blog Entries

I would feel good about that pick. He could probably start Day 1 at NT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I would feel good about that pick. He could probably start Day 1 at NT.
    I can't see that guy dropping out of the top 20 picks though. Too many teams with DT needs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I can't see that guy dropping out of the top 20 picks though. Too many teams with DT needs.
    Yeah I guess he won't make it to 32. :)

Blog Entries

I see him listed most places as the second best DT in the draft so I doubt he'll still be there

Blog Entries

I think there's an outside shot, I seem to remember Devon Still being listed as the best DT in last years draft at this time, and he went in the early second round to Cincy.

Blog Entries

I think there's an outside shot, I seem to remember Devon Still being listed as the best DT in last years draft at this time, and he went in the early second round to Cincy.
    He was listed as one of the best. Maybe at one point he was considered the best DT prospect...

However, by the time the draft rolled around I'm pretty sure that Fletcher Cox was by and large considered the best DT prospect. The Chiefs took Dontari Poe first because he was a better fit (allegedly) for the 3-4 than Cox was.

IMO, after Cox, I thought Derek Wolfe was the best DT prospect. I REALLY wanted that guy as a Raven. In retrospect, he'd have been a good fit here.

So, you're point is definitely valid. Things change in a short period of time.

Hankins could definitely see his stock drop a bit with a poor combine/interviews.

Blog Entries

Don't sleep on Jesse Williams either, he's probably more of a 2nd round pick. He can play both DE and NT in a 3-4 and is expected to break the combine record for the most reps on the BP test. He is pretty athletic and can move well for a big guy. Wouldn't mind him in the second round personally. We need to upgrade our Dline more so than our Oline IMO.