Page 245 of 333 FirstFirst ... 243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 2,929 to 2,940 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

I could see the Chiefs waiting a year or even two on a QB and seeing how they do with what they have. Cassel might be serviceable in Reid's system in the short term, while they build that team up.

They actually have a lot of talent, and if they play their cards right, they might not need a big time QB to be successful over the next couple seasons, while they build up a base of a good team. When a true franchise QB finally comes along, then they can make their move.

They're probably better off, like most teams, going for a top pass rusher, or a beast to put at tackle. If I'm them I'm taking Werner or Joeckel or Lotuleilei or somebody like that. None of the QBs on the board are good enough to patch over the problems on that team. Better coaching and more depth can get them borderline competititve/ playoff worthy. A new QB just for the sake of saying they drafted one seems very "Detroit Lion"-ish to me. ("Hey, look at that Wide Receiver, he had 10 touchdowns in college last year, lets' draft him in the top ten!!!")

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They def need linebackers. However, the beet linebacker in the NFL wont win a SB for you. Their issue has not been their D. Their biggest issue by far has been crap OL play and not enough weapons for Cutler (sound familiar?).

Brown would be a great for for their defense. So would Khaseem Greene, Gerald Hodges, Alec Ogletree, and Kiko Alonso.

I just think the Bears will be in position to take someone like Lane Johnson, jon Cooper, etc and will try to get that OL back to where it needs to be.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    All good points, and I think the Bears are in the exact same position as us. Its a shame they couldn't get Ulracher a ring, I thought 2010 was pretty much the window for them.

Blog Entries

There is absolutely no way the Chiefs enter 2013 without a new QB starting. They will at least sign Alex Smith.

Its not like they aren't a talented team either, they have 6 pro bowlers on that team, they don't need that big of a team rebuild, they just need an upgrade at QB and one or two other key positions.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    There is absolutely no way the Chiefs enter 2013 without a new QB starting. They will at least sign Alex Smith.

Its not like they aren't a talented team either, they have 6 pro bowlers on that team, they don't need that big of a team rebuild, they just need an upgrade at QB and one or two other key positions.
    Agreed, and reaching for a QB at #1 when that guy isn't really a solid #1 is a costly mistake. They would be better off signing a FA quarterback or trading for a serviceable guy, and using that #1 pick for a difference maker. Teams want so badly to have the next Ryan, Flacco, Kaepernick, Luck or RG3 that they reach in desperation and end up with a Boller, Gabbert or Sanchez.

I think a lot is yet to be determined. If the Chiefs resign Brandon Albert it's gonna be for LT money so to draft Joeckel #1 one to play the right side would seem unlikely. They have Hali and Houston as bookend pass rushers so that would eliminate any pass rushers. Do you take Star #1 overall to be a 5 tech next to Poe? Idk, sounds appealing, it's all very interesting. Would someone actually trade up to the #1 spot? Even more unlikely imo. I'll say this about Geno, i see no reason why he cant be a very good starter in the NFL. The problem is i think it's gonna take 2 or 3 years for him to do so i think.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Agreed, and reaching for a QB at #1 when that guy isn't really a solid #1 is a costly mistake. They would be better off signing a FA quarterback or trading for a serviceable guy, and using that #1 pick for a difference maker. Teams want so badly to have the next Ryan, Flacco, Kaepernick, Luck or RG3 that they reach in desperation and end up with a Boller, Gabbert or Sanchez.
    With the new rookie wage scale, teams aren't punished nearly as much for reaching for the first overall pick.

I think I'm finally starting to come around on the idea of drafting teo. My only stipulation would be that we would have to double dip and draft a Alonso or Greene to compliment. Even if we keep Ellerbe depth is needed and we would have both solid coverage and run stopping abilities in our line backing core.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    With the new rookie wage scale, teams aren't punished nearly as much for reaching for the first overall pick.
    Maybe from a money angle, but I think it still has to hurt deep down inside when Raider fans watch Megatron break records. The punishment really never ends when you pick the wrong guy when a legend is sitting right there. Jordan is the only reason people remember the name Sam Bowie.

:T2:

NC Raven makes a really good point about Cassel in Reids system. We all saw what he can do in a good offence (yes I realize it was the Patriots, kyle boller could probably do good there...okay probably not but still). The real issue was he had nothing to work with. Below average line, shitty receivers, etc. I think if that boost that line (probably with Joeckel and let Albert walk cause he's not worth what he wants), keep Bowe, add another reciever or a solid TE at the top of the second they would have a decent offence to go with their star power they have on defence.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    A bad pick is a bad pick. Does any team really want to have a first round bust when they could have improved the team with a less spectacular, but more reliable pick? If I were a Chiefs' fan, I would much rather see them pick a guy who is going to end up being a solid lineman for ten years than a much-hyped player du jour who doesn't produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    The punishment really never ends when you pick the wrong guy when a legend is sitting right there.
    This is why I am intrigued by Tavon Austin. Even though he is on the small side, he might very well be one of those kind of players - especially as the game moves to a speedy offensive show. I think teams can get away with small to a degree because of the rule changes and emphasis on player safety.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This is why I am intrigued by Tavon Austin. Even though he is on the small side, he might very well be one of those kind of players - especially as the game moves to a speedy offensive show. I think teams can get away with small to a degree because of the rule changes and emphasis on player safety.
    I agree. I think he will be a slightly better pro than DeSean Jackson. He is a playmaker, a nighmare in open space, and if defenders are not allowed to blow him up, he could last.

The draft is so hard though.

:T2: