Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
Even Allen is not quite polished enough for me. The only guy I could see us taking is Austin, and that's only IF...we think he's freakish enough player/athlete AND IF we think there's a place for him in our offense.

Otherwise, definitely no WR in the 1st is worthy b/c even if there is a run on them then that means that a valuable DT, ILB or OLB/DE has been in effect pushed down to 32...and we would take that guy instead
I'm actually very low on Keenan Allen. I don't see ANYTHING really impressive to his game on tape outside of some YAC ability. He plays very small and lacks physicality for 6'3 210 or whatever he's listed at. His speed is also very modest and he is a bad route runner at this point in his career. I wouldn't draft him if he were available at #32 honestly.

At the 32nd pick you really are not going to get a knockout guy, frankly. If a player carrying a top 10 grade falls into the 20's, somebody is going to scoop him up before he gets to 32 in all likelihood. What's worse is that a lot of teams share our primary needs at OT, FS, ILB, and DT... and of that group, the class is only really strong at DT.

There will not be an OT worth taking. No FS will fall past San Francisco, so Matt Elam is out of the picture. Manti Te'o and Kevin Minter will both be gone. The jury is still out on DT; will the Ravens stick to their 3-4 with 3 big fatties on the DL? If so, guys like Kawann Short aren't scheme fits, as much as I'd like to see the Ravens target a quick-twitch 3-tech.

I really think you're looking at a scenario at #32 where there's no obvious BPA that fits a need. I think the Ravens' 1st round pick will be an "out of left field" type of pick, possibly at a position we don't even feel has a need at this point. It could be anything other than QB or RB, IMO.

Somebody mentioned Walterfootball earlier and although his mock still has a lot of bad picks for the Ravens, I did like David Amerson in the 2nd. I haven't really watched too much tape on him but from what I've seen and read he has a TON of upside as a centerfield free safety. That would be a very Ravens-like move, but the jury is out on if he can transition to FS quickly enough to challenge for a day 1 starting spot.