Page 161 of 333 FirstFirst ... 159160161162163 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,932 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    There is a lot to like in this mock. I was fiddling around today at work and came up with this (actually thinking along your conservative lines for the compensatory picks). Here is my initial 5-rounder with no details:

1. Datone Jones (DE, UCLA)
    2. Khaseem Greene (LB, Rutgers)
    3. Stedman Bailey (WR, West Virginia)
    4. Gavin Escobar (TE, San Diego State)
    4. Terron Armstead (OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff)
    5. Kwame Geathers (DT, Georgia)
    5. Josh Evans (S, Florida)
    I would like that a lot. I've been an record to saying that Datone Jones compares to Darnell Dockett, would be a good fit as a 3-4 DE.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I would like that a lot. I've been an record to saying that Datone Jones compares to Darnell Dockett, would be a good fit as a 3-4 DE.
    I'm just hoping the teams ahead of the Ravens decide to go after other needs, or he could be a top 25 pick. I watched UCLA a few times and the guy was all over the field wreaking havoc.

Blog Entries

Btw, here's Kenny Phillips on whether or not he expects to be back with the Giants.

I don't know. After they move some people around and make some decisions, there's no telling. Maybe they want me back. Maybe not, but that's up to them.

Looks like he probably wont be back, and he wont be expensive spending most of the year out with injury. If we have enough cap room, we should bring him in to replace Ed Reed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...may-not-return

Blog Entries

If we go into this hypothetical 4-3 defense, I think we have to pick an edge rusher if Kruger signs somewhere else. I was watching some tape on Wickeds guy, John Simon, and he really impressed me, and played both 4-3 edge positions at Ohio, he would be a good rotational player with Upshaw, but he can actually set the edge pretty well too. He reminds me of Chris Long.

Because of our other needs, I wouldn't pick him in the 2nd round, but most likely in the 3rd round if he sticks around. I think we should trade up in the 3rd round too to get another player. We are not going to draft 11 players IMO, its almost certain Ozzie is going to make some moves.

My flavor of the week is Jon Bostic (man he's really underrated), and John Simon in the 3rd round. Shariff Floyd and Baccari Rambo in the first and second rounds. If we sign a safety, I'd go with Chris Faulk or Quessenberry in the second round.

And why not Jelani Jenkins in the 4th round? I'm pretty sure he would have been a fringe first rounder had he not hurt him self this season.

If we go into this hypothetical 4-3 defense, I think we have to pick an edge rusher if Kruger signs somewhere else. I was watching some tape on Wickeds guy, John Simon, and he really impressed me, and played both 4-3 edge positions at Ohio, he would be a good rotational player with Upshaw, but he can actually set the edge pretty well too. He reminds me of Chris Long.

Because of our other needs, I wouldn't pick him in the 2nd round, but most likely in the 3rd round if he sticks around. I think we should trade up in the 3rd round too to get another player. We are not going to draft 11 players IMO, its almost certain Ozzie is going to make some moves.

My flavor of the week is Jon Bostic (man he's really underrated), and John Simon in the 3rd round. Shariff Floyd and Baccari Rambo in the first and second rounds. If we sign a safety, I'd go with Chris Faulk or Quessenberry in the second round.

And why not Jelani Jenkins in the 4th round? I'm pretty sure he would have been a fringe first rounder had he not hurt him self this season.
    Bostic is not what we need at linebacker. He won't be a 3down player at the next level

Btw, here's Kenny Phillips on whether or not he expects to be back with the Giants.

I don't know. After they move some people around and make some decisions, there's no telling. Maybe they want me back. Maybe not, but that's up to them.

Looks like he probably wont be back, and he wont be expensive spending most of the year out with injury. If we have enough cap room, we should bring him in to replace Ed Reed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...may-not-return
    Not a fan of signing free agents who are always hurt and always are missing games.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not a fan of signing free agents who are always hurt and always are missing games.
    He can always spray deer antler velvet under his tongue and come back quicker thus not missing any games...........

Here was my original mock draft. That was before the Denver game, so I think the odds of getting Minter and Aboushi are both diminishing quickly.

1st round- Kevin Minter-LB-LSU
    2nd round- Oday Aboushi- LT- Virginia( Baltimore trades it's 5th round pick to move up 3-4 spots to draft him)
    3rd round- Baccari Rambo- S- Georgia
    3rd round (supplemental)- Tyran Matthieus- CB-LSU
    4th round- Larry Black Jr- DT- Indiana
    5th round- traded to move up to get Aboushi
    5th round (supplemental)- Ronald Leary- OT/G- Memphis
    6th round- Michael Williams-TE-Alabama
    6th round (supplemental)- Kenny Tate-OLB- Maryland
    7th round- Joe Madsen-C- West Virginia
    7th round (supplemental)- Javon Harris-S- Oklahoma

Aboushi pretty much showed that he is not a LT on the next level at the senior bowl. I'd actually be disappointed if we drafted him with any intention of him being an OT here.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Aboushi pretty much showed that he is not a LT on the next level at the senior bowl. I'd actually be disappointed if we drafted him with any intention of him being an OT here.
    This, and last year I said he d end up being the best. Been disappointed by him, he has all the tools, just can't put it down on the field.

So now I have another notion that I can't shake.

My 1st notion comes from late Nov/early Dec...we select Tyler Eifert if he's on the board.
    2nd...for the last two weeks, I can't seem to shake the idea that Kevin Reddick is coming to town.

These aren't predictions. Just some gut feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    So now I have another notion that I can't shake.

My 1st notion comes from late Nov/early Dec...we select Tyler Eifert if he's on the board.
    2nd...for the last two weeks, I can't seem to shake the idea that Kevin Reddick is coming to town.

These aren't predictions. Just some gut feelings.
    reddick in what round though? His stocks all over the place. He has all the tools, and if he could have came out last year he would have been a second round pick, but he had a very poor year.

I wouldn't be mad at eifert, but that would mean to Matt Elam. Noooooooo