Page 79 of 333 FirstFirst ... 7778798081 ... LastLast

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    DeMarius Thomas went 22nd overall, and he isn't that great, he just as Peyton Manning throwing him the ball.

Dwayne Bowe went 23rd overall, not really what I class as the "back end".

I'll give you Hakeem Nicks and Roddy White, but these are rare picks. I can name you a lot more busts then get picked in the back end of the first round at the wide out position, Mark Clayton comes to mind, and Ozzie hasn't used a 1st round/early 2nd round pick on a wide out since.

Dez Bryant is a decent player, but look at the baggage that comes with him, besides, he only looked good this season.
    Not sure how Mark Clayton can be considered back end if Thomas and Bowe aren't. Clayton was 25th.

I could pick any range where WRs are drafted and name plenty of busts. There's plenty of value to be had at the back end of the first round, as I've shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Not sure how Mark Clayton can be considered back end if Thomas and Bowe aren't. Clayton was 25th.

I could pick any range where WRs are drafted and name plenty of busts. There's plenty of value to be had at the back end of the first round, as I've shown.
    I agree with you, but Clayton was picked 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Who woulda thunk...it really looks like "byebye Paul Kruger" for 2013.
    We just won't have the bankroll.
    It's getting harder and harder by the game. Im still hopeful and i hope they are willing as i would be to release some guys to keep him but if you look at all the teams that will need pass rushers this offseason and it's gonna be tough to keep Kruger.

Im keeping an eye on all the QB scenario's closely. With Marone in Buffalo now and Nassib as a possibly 2nd round target do they trade into the late first by that time to ensure they get their guy? Those trade downs when the team is moving up for a QB fetch more picks then the average trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Im keeping an eye on all the QB scenario's closely. With Marone in Buffalo now and Nassib as a possibly 2nd round target do they trade into the late first by that time to ensure they get their guy? Those trade downs when the team is moving up for a QB fetch more picks then the average trade down.
    I thought the exact same thing. If I were the Bills I wouldn't take a QB at #8 overall unless Geno Smith dropped. I think their dream scenario has got to be an impact defender like Manti Te'o, Damontre Moore, or Bjoern Werner with the 8th pick and then a QB in the 2nd. But the QB they like (very possibly Nassib b/c of the obvious Syracuse connection) could easily get grabbed ahead of them in the 2nd by the Jaguars, Chiefs, Cardinals, or Jets. I think it's pretty much a lock that a couple of those teams grab QBs around that range.

If I were Buffalo, I'd be more than willing to give up some picks to jump back into the 1st if I really liked Nassib or another guy in that range like Tyler Wilson or Matt Barkley. If I were Baltimore, I'd be more than willing to listen to that offer.

Add Jelani Jenkins to the list of cover LB's to target later in the draft, he declared today. Would be a nice get in the late 4th/5th round, could slide because of the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. If I were the Bills I wouldn't take a QB at #8 overall unless Geno Smith dropped. I think their dream scenario has got to be an impact defender like Manti Te'o, Damontre Moore, or Bjoern Werner with the 8th pick and then a QB in the 2nd. But the QB they like (very possibly Nassib b/c of the obvious Syracuse connection) could easily get grabbed ahead of them in the 2nd by the Jaguars, Chiefs, Cardinals, or Jets. I think it's pretty much a lock that a couple of those teams grab QBs around that range.

If I were Buffalo, I'd be more than willing to give up some picks to jump back into the 1st if I really liked Nassib or another guy in that range like Tyler Wilson or Matt Barkley. If I were Baltimore, I'd be more than willing to listen to that offer.
    That early 2nd round will be a gaunlet for them trying to get a QB, and i just dont anybody there at 8 that anybody would pull the trigger on at this point. If not the Bills, any of those teams you named would have to jump into the late first to ensure the guy they want. If im Oz i'd let all them know that 1st rounder is available depending on whose there from our board.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
    I agree with you, but Clayton was picked 22nd.
    Bah. Stupid eyes playing tricks on me with 2005 & 22.

FSU OT Menelik Watson is rumourd to have applied for the draft as well.

He is a project...very, very raw, but may be one of the best big athletes in this draft. I'd love to take a shot at him in the second or third.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    FSU OT Menelik Watson is rumourd to have applied for the draft as well.

He is a project...very, very raw, but may be one of the best big athletes in this draft. I'd love to take a shot at him in the second or third.
    Very big guy, but very athletic with tons of upside. I'd take him in the 3rd for sure.

I also saw Tony Jefferson from OU declared...I think he is up there in the top 4 or so safeties in this draft.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Wow

He has a great story too

http://espn.go.com/colleges/fsu/foot...tate-seminoles

Menelik Watson combines a lineman's build with a basketball player's feet and a boxer's hands.
    Scary Combo