Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
With Ray calling it quits i think it's more vital to get a ILB that can play right away...not because of losing Ray but because an Ogletree i dont think could beat out Mcclain in year one for the other LB spot because he wont be ready to play between the tackles. I personally dont wanna see Mcclain taking heavt snaps next year. I was thinking along the lines of this...

Trade down from the first to the early 2nd round and take Aboushi, use that ammo to move up in the 2nd and take Kevin Minter or Arthur Brown. In the 3rd i'd take Baccari Rambo and in the 4th i'd take Missouri southern NT/DT Brandon Williams. I'd still sign a Terrance Knighton or Aubrayo Franklin while Williams is groomed to take over at the Nose, Williams can also play the 5-tech. With the rest of the draft i'd find another edge rusher to groom, a nickel LB, a backup QB and just go best available with whatever picks are left.
I like your draft scenario except that instead of Minter or Brown, I'd pick Hodges instead! And I'd be sure to use one of the lower round picks on a large, tall, blocking TE that could be something of a red zone target. Otherwise, I think you really nailed it!