Page 33 of 333 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Please don't let it happen!

Although that pick to me wouldn't make much sense, they have used two second one picks already on Gilbert and Mike Adams. Adams had his issues this year, but Gilbert was very solid in his rookie year and until he went down.
    Yeah, I don't see Pittsburgh taking Eric Fisher... think they'll want to continue to develop Gilbert and Adams. One of those two will probably shake out as a decent LT option, and the other will slot in at RT.

I think you'd actually be surprised how many people are paying attention to Fisher though. A lot of mock drafts have him going well before our pick, like to Miami at #13 or St. Louis at #16. He's definitely competing to be the 2nd or 3rd OT off the board at this point.

We all know Joeckel is a top-5 or top-10 pick, after that there's Taylor Lewan, Jake Matthews, and Eric Fisher... I actually think all 4 of them are going to be gone by the time we pick. If any of them are still on the board, Fisher is probably the most likely of them, I would hand in that card in a heartbeat. Otherwise you take the BPA and hope for Oday Aboushi in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    What about Matt Elam as a Reed replacement?
    Good player. He'll likely be a 1st rounder or very high 2nd rounder, though, and I think we really need to target a LT in that range. My preferred option to address the FS position is to sign Kenny Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    In your guys' opinion...Who, at this point, looks to be a better pro. Alec Ogeltree or CJ Moseley? From my perspective as of now, I'd rather have Ogeltree because perhaps this is just me, but I feel he's more athletic and has the ability to be a stud. I don't like his size though to be honest; I feel he's a bit lean. Moseley looks to be more of a gritty, sure tackler that can do everything well.

I also am keeping an eye out on some of the 3-4 ends and pass rushers. I believe we need to really get faster in the front seven. Safety could also be a big need. From what I've seen, Vaccaro, Elam, Jefferson and Reid are the top guys.
    Don't need to pick between Mosley and Ogletree cuz Mosley is staying in school. Makes it a moot point. Speed in the front 7 is definitely a huge need as well as safety. So many needs!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I think you'd actually be surprised how many people are paying attention to Fisher though. A lot of mock drafts have him going well before our pick, like to Miami at #13 or St. Louis at #16. He's definitely competing to be the 2nd or 3rd OT off the board at this point.
    fuck

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=bmorecareful;540836]Good player. He'll likely be a 1st rounder or very high 2nd rounder, though, and I think we really need to target a LT in that range. My preferred option to address the FS position is to sign Kenny Phillips./QUOTE]

Fair enough. I'd rather have a top flight LT anyways.

fuck
    LOL, yeah it would suck to miss out on a good LT prospect like Fisher, but look at it this way. The last couple years have all had good OT prospects who fell below where they were projected: last year Reilly Reiff, Cordy Glenn, Jonathan Martin... in 2011 Anthony Castonzo and Derek Sherrod...

With the good OTs in this draft, there's still a shot a guy like Fisher could fall to us. I do think the 2 guys from A&M and Taylor Lewan are both going to go in the top 20, though, unless weird stuff happens around the Combine.

5. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Wow, I didn't realize Moseley was staying in school. Ok then LOL... I'll be sure to check out Minter. I've seen in some recent mocks that Sheldon Richardson's been slipping a bit.

Blog Entries

Well Moseley is returning to college anyway. Alec Ogletree is tall and lean, but I don't see him get physically outmatched by any linemen, I'm not sure if strength is a weakness from what I've seen of him if that's what you are worried about. I personally prefer Kevin Minter out of LSU though.
    I like Minter a lot too. He is shooting up draft boards. Wouldn't be surprised if he were picked in the top half of the 2nd. He is more of a "pure" linebacker than Ogletree.

Ogletree was a safety that Georgia converted to linebacker his sophomore year IIRC. He does not take on blockers well, nor is he a great blitzer, but he has outstanding speed and athleticism. He hasnt played linebacker for all that long, so his current 1st round projection is largely due to his upside and his current ability to drop into coverage. He does great in space.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    What about Matt Elam as a Reed replacement?
    I like Matt Elam a lot. Not sure if I would want to see them spend a 1st on a safety though unless it was a player like a Mark Barron or something.

TJ McDonald, Eric Reid, Shawn Williams, and Baccari Rambo are all solid safety prospects with 2-3 round grades, so I think the Ravens could get away with not having to take a safety in the 1st.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

8. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

I watched some stuff on Minter. From what I saw, he can take on blocks really well and consistently overall, really stifles linemen at times, finishes plays, tackles, good blitzer. Looks like a real solid prospect.

Speaking of LSU, what do you guys think about Sam Montgomery? I've seen him in mocks around pick 20-25.
    Last edited by Lime in the Coconut; 12-20-2012 at 01:43 AM.

Blog Entries

I am going to post my updated three round mock draft, but for now, here is the ideal first three round picks I hope the Ravens get.

First round pick (Projected 25th pick right now):

Eric Fisher, 6'8, 305 lbs, Offensive tackle, Central Michigan.

Here is one of the biggest athletic OT's that I have seen come out of college that isn't a top 10 projection (yet) for a while. Thank god he's playing at a small school, because if he was at a bigger school like Alabama, he'd be a top 10 pick, I am certain of that. Hopefully he falls to us, and we would have to be crazy to pass up on this guy. He can step in from day 1 and be an instant upgrade over Michael Oher at LT. Eric Fisher is a stonewall in pass protection, even coming up against the tougher schools, he looked solid and never seems to get pushed back. His run blocking is good for someone that is built like him, he creates a lot of pancakes in the run game from what I've seen. Him and KO could be the true ''book-ends'' that Decosta always wanted. Michael Oher should move to left guard, where I think he can become a star.

Next two rounds to follow...

Blog Entries

Second round pick (Currently projected at 55):

Kevin Minter, 6'2, 245 lbs, Linebacker, LSU.

Kevin Minter is an underrated prospect, which is strange coming from a big school like LSU. I'm sure GOTA can provide some more inside info on him being a big LSU fan. He is more of a inside run defender than a guy who drops back into coverage, which I know is a big need, but he can probably still do that better than any LB we currently have anyway. We need to add some speed into this front 7 if we ever want to get back to playing elite defense, and drafting a Kevin Minter could be a good start to that. Minter is listed as 6'2, but he looks more along the lines of 6'1, but that shouldn't put many people off, as there are many 6'1 LB's who have had HOF careers, like someone we all know too well.

Blog Entries

Third round pick (Currently projected at 89):

Travis Federick, 6'4 338 lbs, Offensive center, Wisconsin.

Biggest offensive center I've ever seen come out of college. I am a Wisconsin fan, so I can provide some good insight on him. Notice how one of our main weaknesses as a offensive line is getting pushed back into the pocket to where Joe stands like a statue? Well here's a guy who if anything, simply does not get pushed back at all. As you'd expect at his size, I've seen him stand there holding nose tackles back, while the rest of his Oline partners getting pushed back behind him. He is an absolute mammoth of a center. He pulls out very effectively, and gets to the second level and can pancake at the second level which is always a highly desirable skill in the NFL for interior linemen He can also cover guard at a good level, he played there in his junior year next to Peter Konz and Kevin Zeitler, so he can offer versatility to this unit. We have needs at both LG and Center, so it's likely that he could be competing for a starting place on this unit next season if we do end up drafting him. Needs to work on his feet and needs work with the assignments if he ends up playing center.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I watched some stuff on Minter. From what I saw, he can take on blocks really well and consistently overall, really stifles linemen at times, finishes plays, tackles, good blitzer. Looks like a real solid prospect.

Speaking of LSU, what do you guys think about Sam Montgomery? I've seen him in mocks around pick 20-25.
    Sam will be gone way before that. I don't see him making it past 15. Mingo gets more hype but Sam is a more complete player and has a shot to be a better pro