Page 270 of 333 FirstFirst ... 268269270271272 ... LastLast
Results 3,229 to 3,240 of 3987

Re: Draft / FA / Offseason Roster Moves (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    It's a 3 receiver league anyway....

And Boldin and/or JJ may be gone next year.

So the argument is the same. Like Ex said, there have been plenty of times when Ozzie has drafted BPA over need.
    Well, IF, Boldin is extended then no way we draft Austin. There, I fixed it.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post

I like Reid and think he's the best natural fit to replace Ed if Ed does in fact leave.

That said, while I like the guy and all, I can't imagine he's BPA on the board when we pick.

Then again, if we lose Reed and don't bring back Ihedigbo, we have Pollard, and a mess of IR/PS guys at Safety. So I could see a scenario (Reed and Ihedigbo leaving, and say Ellerbe coming back) where suddenly FS becomes the biggest need, as there is DL depth in the draft to help us fill at NT, or a cheap vet to play NT. So I could envision FS becoming the biggest void overall (ie -- largest gap between "talent on roster" and "quality required at position to contend").
    LSU players just scare the shit out of me as prospects. When you look back over the last 6 or 7 drafts it is kind of shocking how much top tiered talent comes out of LSU only to underwhelm or just flat out disappoint. Patrick Peterson is the only one that I can think of who has been worth their pre-draft status. I guess Morris Claiborne was solid for Dallas last year.

Tyson Jackson
    Glenn Dorsey
    Michael Brockers
    LaRon Landry
    Brandon LaFell
    Buster Davis
    Jamarcus Russell

I just cant tell if Eric Reid is good and just had a down year? Or, he is just average and was given a boost by playing with a tremendous amount of talent around him.

Frankly, if they are going to take a safety, it better be DJ Swearinger. I like Elam and Vaccsaro, but Swearinger is a no bullshit free safety with stellar coverage skills.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    LSU players just scare the shit out of me as prospects. When you look back over the last 6 or 7 drafts it is kind of shocking how much top tiered talent comes out of LSU only to underwhelm or just flat out disappoint. Patrick Peterson is the only one that I can think of who has been worth their pre-draft status. I guess Morris Claiborne was solid for Dallas last year.

Tyson Jackson
    Glenn Dorsey
    Michael Brockers
    LaRon Landry
    Brandon LaFell
    Buster Davis
    Jamarcus Russell

I just cant tell if Eric Reid is good and just had a down year? Or, he is just average and was given a boost by playing with a tremendous amount of talent around him.

Frankly, if they are going to take a safety, it better be DJ Swearinger. I like Elam and Vaccsaro, but Swearinger is a no bullshit free safety with stellar coverage skills.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    In defense of my fav school, LSU, that could be said of every school. I will say that Bowe is a stud. Kyle Williams is a real good DT. Lafell's been a real solid #2. Addai had some good years and Ridley is really good. Also Doucet, when healthy, is a good slot WR. Like you said though, there are busts. Jackson, Davis, and Russell have been duds. Blockers, PP, and Claiborne are 1st and 2nd yr guys. It's kinda early to judge them. I think it just evens itself out.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I've been driving the Swearinger bandwagon from the outset. I would really like it if he ended up in Ravens' purple. That being said, there are more than a few decent safeties in this draft.

Blog Entries

I would hate it if we took Eric Reid in the first round. He is so overrated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    In defense of my fav school, LSU, that could be said of every school. I will say that Bowe is a stud. Kyle Williams is a real good DT. Lafell's been a real solid #2. Addai had some good years and Ridley is really good. Also Doucet, when healthy, is a good slot WR. Like you said though, there are busts. Jackson, Davis, and Russell have been duds. Blockers, PP, and Claiborne are 1st and 2nd yr guys. It's kinda early to judge them. I think it just evens itself out.

My point is that we were talking earlier about how some schools have prospects that are ridiculously overrated just because of the school they are (Notre Dame being one, USC another) and I think LSU is definitely one of those schools.

You're right though. Ridley looks like a solid back.

Early Doucet is decent...but he isn't anything special IMO.

PP is one of the better corners in the league. No doubt about it.

Claiborne looked good his first year. IMO, he definitely lived up to 1st round expectations.

Michael Brockers...ehhh...I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he was hurt after the Ravens pre-season game, but he didn't do anything special IMO.

I'm just saying...everyone is putting Eric Reid up on a pedestal right now and I don't know if I buy it or not. He looks the part, but so did a lot of these other guys.

I don't think Reid is the 1st round talent we're looking for.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I think he could be a decent player, but I do agree that there are better options in round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Good question. I see the need for a TE who can block (hence your selection of Williams, he certainly does block very well) but I don't like the idea of adding a guy who can't be a difference-maker in the passing game as well given that Dickson and Pitta are both free agents after 2013.

So, a TE who can block or has the potential to be a good blocker AND can contribute as a pass catcher... in the 5th round. Nick Kasa? Philip Lutzenkerchen? Possibly Dion Sims or Levine Toilolo if they don't work out well? It's hard to drill down into a specific round for some of those guys.

IMO the sweet spot for TEs in this draft is the 2nd and 3rd rounds... where guys like Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz, Jordan Reed, Gavin Escobar, and Travis Kelce will be found. Those are my top TEs and I'd like to see the Ravens get one of them.

BTW check out film on Kyle Juszczyk, FB/HB/TE out of Harvard. The Ravens have got to go and get him in the later rounds... very versatile and excellent player. Good replacement for Leach in Caldwell's offense.
    I've heard a lot about that full back but haven't got to look much at him, limited here in the uk and don't have a lot of Harvard recordings to watch.

Yea I'd like one of those tight ends but I just couldn't slot one in any earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Agreed. I have a very hard time seeing him as the BPA at a position of need. If Matt Elam and Kenny Vaccaro are off the board, no FS in the first--better BPA options are probably at ILB, DT/NT, DE/OLB, WR, or TE.

Blog Entries

Alabama CB has a torn shoulder labrum.

He is still participating in the combine (probably not bench press), but will have surgery directly following the combine.

Blog Entries

What about Jonathan Cyprien?