Page 13 of 333 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Still can't quite bring myself to fault the front office though.

Those two were on everyone's radar. Kindle had some warning signs obviously, but how do you expect this knucklehead would "slip" down some steps and bust his dome?
    Yea you really cant, Cody was coming from a pro style defense he anchored in the middle. Even though he slacked at times and didnt always play with proper technique im sure they thought CB could fix that. With Kindle he was that blue chip athlete that was long missing, he wasnt very bright but there is alot of those guys out there that can still get to the QB.

BTW...regarding Teo, I can't bring myself to agree with trading what we'd have to, to go way up to get a MLB.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He's been an enormous disappointment IMHO.

He and Kindle wound up being shockingly bad 2nd round picks in what most of us thought was an absolutely loaded 2010 draft.
    :word

That draft really hurts

Blog Entries

BTW...regarding Teo, I can't bring myself to agree with trading what we'd have to, to go way up to get a MLB.
    Of course that all depends on how far we'd have to trade up.... Hopefully it's from 32 to 10, but if it's from 20 it becomes a different discussion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Of course that all depends on how far we'd have to trade up.... Hopefully it's from 32 to 10, but if it's from 20 it becomes a different discussion.
    I like my scenario better simply because we wouldnt have to give up much. maybe its wishful thinking.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I like my scenario better simply because we wouldnt have to give up much. maybe its wishful thinking.
    I'd rather have the issue of having the dreaded 32 spot :)

I doubt Te'o falls to the late first round. I think he's a better prospect than Kuechly who went 8 (but this is coming from a life-long ND fan). I could see low teens, but not much further than that.

Don't get me wrong, I no anybody else in this thread I think are bashing the FO and calling for Ozzie's head.

But you can't help but look at this team, see all the holes in the roster, and not look back at that draft and notice all the talent that came into the league that year and we really didn't get much out of it.
    Oh agreed. I wasn't suggesting you were blaming the FO. If it came across that way, my apologies.

Soooo...Barrett Jones was a 2011 1st team AA at OT...left side, I believe since that's where he started the season. I didn't know that. Time to watch some 2011 tape!
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 12-12-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

I'd rather have the issue of having the dreaded 32 spot :)

I doubt Te'o falls to the late first round. I think he's a better prospect than Kuechly who went 8 (but this is coming from a life-long ND fan). I could see low teens, but not much further than that.
    9th but for some reason I thought he went later (mid teens). Maybe Te'o does go a lot earlier than I thought.

At this point I'd agree with Wicked, double dipping is pretty much a must. Maybe not back to back but we should come out of this draft with 2 quality prospects at LB at the very least.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

What about Clowney at South Carolina, anybody heard if he comes out?

What about Clowney at South Carolina, anybody heard if he comes out?
    He cant this year being a sophmore but he's already on record saying he's declaring after his junior year. He's a stud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    He cant this year being a sophmore but he's already on record saying he's declaring after his junior year. He's a stud
    I thought you could come out after two years...?