Page 169 of 333 FirstFirst ... 167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 2,017 to 2,028 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

I like faulk as a mid round potential left tackle

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    IMO, if Johnson drops into the 20's and you only have to move up 5,6, or 7 spots then yea, you might entertain that. However, if they're talking about moving up into the top 15...I dont know. That may be a bit too rich for their blood.

Frankly, IMO, if they are going to move up and draft a tackle then they might as well go all in and move up to take Eric Fisher.
    That's a good point too. I don't see it happening, but I do think this is a good year to do it. We saw the difference between having a below-average LT and having a solid LT. It made a huge difference.

I wonder if Vollmer could actually play LT though? He is a damn good RT. So, in that scenario, at worst we'd be looking at an Avg to below avg Michael Oher, but the rest of the line would be very very strong (assuming Vollmer is at RT).

I want Quessenberry as well.

he was a LT in collee, and IMO, his skills would translate there. I think he is better in every way save for durability to Oher.

Sign McKinnie to a 2 year, incentive laden deal with a good bonus. I doubt many teams will take a flier on him. Then you have plenty of draft options. If they got Eiffert/Ertz (both similar splitting hairs) or Elam at S or Robbins at C or a decent MLB in the first as BPA would be a good move. Or even moving picks around to end up with 2 or 3 second rounders or 2 second rounders and 2 3rd rounders would be nice as well. The Ravens have lots of good options because of those 4 comp picks to move around the draft board with thier slotted picks to target certain players. I just want them to use this draft wisely to help the future and the immediate future at the same time. I dont see them taking 11 players, bad odds that many rookies make the team. Still last years prospects have to contribute Asa Jackson, Thompson, Tyson, Gradkowski and Steeter.

Not me. Not at all.

I'd rather the Ravens target Tank Carradine or Travis Long as a mid-round pass rusher.

Thomas was really over matched at the Senior Bowl. Maybe he was just nervous and it got to him, but he looked slow, had little ability in space, and misread a lot of plays.

Trent Murphy (also from Stanford...6'6" 261lbs) might be an interesting pick up in the 3rd or 4th rounds.
    http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-f...hy_439873.html

He was Stanford's best pass rusher by far last year.
    I like Long, reminds me of Kruger actually but i think Kruger is more explosive. With Long though i dont think it would take him as long to become a player. I think he could be a solid sub package rusher tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Right now I think this guys will be potential BPA's at pick 32:

Tyler Eiffert, TE, Notre Dame 6'6" 250lbs
    Manti T'eo, LB, Notre Dame 6'2" 245lbs
    Matt Elam, FS, Florida 5'10" 205lbs
    Datone Jones, DE, UCLA 6'4" 285lbs
    Margus Hunt, DE, SMU 6'8" 277lbs
    Kevin Minter, LB, LSU 6'2" 245lbs
    Alex Okafor, DE, Texas 6'4" 265lbs
    DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson 6'1" 205lbs
    Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama 6'5" 310lbs

We are going to be in a tough spot. I'm actually beginning to think that Elam may not be there either.

Patriots, San Fran, St. Louis, Bengals, Texans and Steelers could all target Vaccaro and/or Elam.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

You cannot go into the next season with a legitimate chance that Michael Oher can be at LT.

You need to resign Bryant McKinnie AND draft your future LT.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

We are going to be in a tough spot. I'm actually beginning to think that Elam may not be there either.

Patriots, San Fran, St. Louis, Bengals, Texans and Steelers could all target Vaccaro and/or Elam.
    Like all those selctions except the WR from Clemson.

What order would you put them in?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You cannot go into the next season with a legitimate chance that Michael Oher can be at LT.

You need to resign Bryant McKinnie AND draft your future LT.
    I mainly agree, but..

To me the step back the OL took this year, was not so much the difference between how McKinnie and Oher played at LT, as much as it was the hole that opened up at LG when Grubbs left, diminished 3 spots at the same time, mostly LG.

K.O. after playing RT all year, became an upgrade over what Grubbs did last year. K.O. had the size and power to handle Wilfork and Justin Smith. IMO it is the inside pressure that is lethal and leads to the edge rushers constantly getting pressure. When the QB can step up into a clean pocket, he is a very tough target for the edge rushers to find, and our tackle tandem can look lights out vs the elite edge guys in the game.

:T2:

Barrett Jones?? Is he a strong Possibility for the ravens at 32?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Barrett Jones?? Is he a strong Possibility for the ravens at 32?
    Wouldn't make sense at all.

Not unless the Ravens only view Gino as a depth player, and honestly need a starter at C, and I very much doubt that. I know that you take the BPA and all, but we are literally set at G and C for the next few years. I guess the Ravens may view him as a potential OT, he did play LT pretty well for Alabama in 2011, but he really isn't athletic enough IMO to play OT in the NFL.