Page 25 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Given our recent (2-3 years) draft history, I am not optimistic we can put together the kind of draft we so desperately need.
    I think we need to maybe consider pulling a move like Atlanta did to move up the draft when they took Jones. Only in our case use the pick to address Oline or Dline. In either case your your gonna have to address most your needs via the draft. If you cant draft well your doomed anyway

I would at least entertain the possibility if the kind of impact guy you need can be had. There really is not much at the QB position this year unless you get lucky along the lines of Russell Wilson.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I think we need to maybe consider pulling a move like Atlanta did to move up the draft when they took Jones. Only in our case use the pick to address Oline or Dline. In either case your your gonna have to address most your needs via the draft. If you cant draft well your doomed anyway

I would at least entertain the possibility if the kind of impact guy you need can be had. There really is not much at the QB position this year unless you get lucky along the lines of Russell Wilson.
    Teams do that when they are a few pieces away. My fear is the Ravens are a lot farther then a few pieces away. We've got positions that have been ignored for years that still need to be addressed and now we've got a bunch of vets in other positions that are on the way out. We need A LOT.

Blog Entries

The 2010 draft hurts the most, IMO.

Kindle - bust.
    Cody - bust.
    Dickson - bust.
    D. Reed - always hurt.
    Harewood - always hurt.

Literally, Pitta and Art Jones are the only saving grace from that draft and when I go back and look at the boards when they took guys like Cody, Dickson, and Reed it really makes me question who the hell is scouting and putting these big boards together.

We passed over:
    Zane Beadles, Linval Joseph, Darryl Washington, Carlos Dunlap, Sean Lee, Ben Tate, Brandon Spikes, Pat Angerer, Jared Veldheer, Eric Decker, Emmanuel Sanders, Jimmy Graham, Aaron Hernandez, and Antonio Brown.

I get that every draft is a crap shoot...but that is A LOT of pro-bowl caliber talent they passed over.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Damn! ;(

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The 2010 draft hurts the most, IMO.

Kindle - bust.
    Cody - bust.
    Dickson - bust.
    D. Reed - always hurt.
    Harewood - always hurt.

Literally, Pitta and Art Jones are the only saving grace from that draft and when I go back and look at the boards when they took guys like Cody, Dickson, and Reed it really makes me question who the hell is scouting and putting these big boards together.

We passed over:
    Zane Beadles, Linval Joseph, Darryl Washington, Carlos Dunlap, Sean Lee, Ben Tate, Brandon Spikes, Pat Angerer, Jared Veldheer, Eric Decker, Emmanuel Sanders, Jimmy Graham, Aaron Hernandez, and Antonio Brown.

I get that every draft is a crap shoot...but that is A LOT of pro-bowl caliber talent they passed over.
    Glaringly bad. I like Pitt and Jones is coming around, but nobody would mistake those 2 for being impact guys.

I get frustrated every time I look at that draft.

I think the turnover in our front office is largely to blame...we've lost a lot of scouts over the years.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Regarding QB's in this coming draft...no one really jumps out at you after Geno Smith.

I think Matt Barkley is pretty overrated and I'm not real sold on Tyler Wilson either.

IMO, Aaron Murray could be an interesting possiblity in the 3rd/4th/5th rounds. He's on the smaller side (6'1" 211lbs), but he's intelligence and very accurate. His game reminds me a lot of Andy Dalton.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The more i take everything in account the more i think signing Terrance Knighton would be a good idea, would put less pressure on our draft to get a DT/NT that can play right away and we could focus more in on LT, ILB, FS early. Maybe somnething like 1. Eric Fisher 2. Arthur Brown 3. Baccari Rambo, that would be a strong start to the draft imo.

Blog Entries

Bushrod LT from the Saints. Grew up in NOVA wen't to Towson seems a perfect time to come back home and get away from the media circus in NO. Wont cost as much as Clady but still a damn good LT.

Make it happen Oz. take McKinnie and Oher's paycheck, along with whatever Flacco just cost himself and make it this offseason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    The more i take everything in account the more i think signing Terrance Knighton would be a good idea, would put less pressure on our draft to get a DT/NT that can play right away and we could focus more in on LT, ILB, FS early. Maybe somnething like 1. Eric Fisher 2. Arthur Brown 3. Baccari Rambo, that would be a strong start to the draft imo.
    I'd rather go after Dorsey from the Chiefs. Former first rounder that hasn't lived up to what they wanted, coming off a injury AND it seems like the team has moved on. BUT his career stats have been decent, looks to be someone who could replace what Redding brought us.

Pick up Bushrod at LT.

And go into the draft using high draft picks on a DT, than a MLB and a FS.

Edit: Best part, they're both from the area. Bushrod stayed and wen't to Towson while Dorsey went to LSU. Maybe some hometown play for a contender discounts might fall in.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Alex Smith is trash that Jim Harbaugh made into something vaguely resembling treasure. He's not an upgrade over Flacco at all.

Seriously, there are no FA QBs who are an upgrade over Flacco. Smith? Vick??? Jason Campbell???? No thanks...

Now, here's a thought: if the Seahawks want to cut bait with Matt Flynn and we can pry a new OC off the Packers' coaching staff, like their QB coach Ben McAdoo, or possibly Karl Dorrell out of Houston (as they run a similar WCO), then Matt Flynn might be the best trade bait.
    Completely agree with this. We could probably get him for almost nothing considering his cap number is 7.25m and they would still have to pay him 2m in guaranteed money if they cut him.

It's apparent now more than ever that Flacco is a GAME MANAGER. If you pay him big bucks you won't be able to afford the pieces he needs to be successful.

I think this team is going to draft a QB in 2013. They really HAVE to, since Tyrod doesn't seem to have an NFL future and they need to open up their options at the QB position.

My favorite QB in the 2013 draft... well, there are a few I like. But here's a kid I've been watching a lot of tape on lately that I think has more of a chance at an NFL future than either Geno Smith or Matt Barkley.

His name is Zac Dysert out of Miami of Ohio, he goes 6'4 228 with a good (not great) arm, good athleticism, and all the fundamentals and mental acuity in the world. Miami OH has a horrible team with virtually no NFL talent, but they let this kid run a spread offense with NFL-style reads. He's going to have a big learning curve in the NFL in terms of footwork and timing and needs to clean up his mechanics a bit but I think he's a really good fit for the WCO. His mobility and ability to create plays inside and outside of the pocket might remind you of another Miami OH QB who's done okay in the NFL.

Take a look at this tape vs. OSU (which has a number of future NFL players on defense):

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I'd rather go after Dorsey from the Chiefs. Former first rounder that hasn't lived up to what they wanted, coming off a injury AND it seems like the team has moved on. BUT his career stats have been decent, looks to be someone who could replace what Redding brought us.

Pick up Bushrod at LT.

And go into the draft using high draft picks on a DT, than a MLB and a FS.

Edit: Best part, they're both from the area. Bushrod stayed and wen't to Towson while Dorsey went to LSU. Maybe some hometown play for a contender discounts might fall in.
    I Disagree on Dorsey and Bushrod would cost a pretty penny, Saints arent just gonna let their LT walk on the cheap