Page 105 of 333 FirstFirst ... 103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,249 to 1,260 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Everyone remember when Clint Eastwood met Manti Te'o's Girlfriend?

2. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Re-signing McKinnie to a low ball 1 year deal would be a nice insurance policy IMO. It's going to be tough to find a quality LT at the bottom of round 1, but you never know. I think if we retain Kruger, which we should find a way to do by all means, a DL like Ansah, Hunt, Hankins, or even Jesse Williams would be a good way to go IMO. A safety could very well be the pick too. There looks to be some really big, intriguing WR's early on in the draft. I wouldn't be shocked to see us take one considering we may have a 3rd round compositional pick.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think the school may be covering for him at this point.

me too.
    It's really hard to speculate, but it seems like Te'o was using the "hoax" to cover up for something on the "down-low".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Re-signing McKinnie to a low ball 1 year deal would be a nice insurance policy IMO. It's going to be tough to find a quality LT at the bottom of round 1, but you never know. I think if we retain Kruger, which we should find a way to do by all means, a DL like Ansah, Hunt, Hankins, or even Jesse Williams would be a good way to go IMO. A safety could very well be the pick too. There looks to be some really big, intriguing WR's early on in the draft. I wouldn't be shocked to see us take one considering we may have a 3rd round compositional pick.
    Exactly my thoughts.

I certainly wouldn't pass up on a shot at Eric Fisher, even if BigMac were retained prior to the draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I certainly wouldn't pass up on a shot at Eric Fisher, even if BigMac were retained prior to the draft.
    McKinnie-KO-Yanda-Oher-Fisher

That would be something

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    McKinnie-KO-Yanda-Oher-Fisher

That would be something
    works for me for a year if Yanda is down for it.

Then
    Fisher-KO-Gradkowski-Yanda- (Insert Name here). Potentially a cheaply retained Oher.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    me too.
    It's really hard to speculate, but it seems like Te'o was using the "hoax" to cover up for something on the "down-low".
    I didn't read all of it because I had to leave work right around the time it was posted here, but from how far I got, it certainly seems like him being gay is a really possibility. Almost like he had to have someone there not just for the team to get off his scent, but his parents.

In the big picture, I don't have any problem with a NFL player being gay (as we have seen before, there have been gay players, there almost certainly are now, and there will be in the future), but if he is gay, it's a damn shame someone would feel they had to go to these lengths to avoid being "outed". The locker room culture is still living in the 50's.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

A few people have mentioned the being gay option - but it seems like it would be easier to go the "she broke up with me and I'm not over her route" then the whole...."had a car accident and cancer" path. Then again he's like 21/22 so he probably isn't going to make the best choices all the time.

There is no way Te'o was not in on it. Seriously, read the Deadspin piece--which is a GREAT piece of investigative journalism BTW--and that fact will become painfully obvious to you.

Te'o released a statement where he basically went with the "I was hoaxed by an internet girlfriend" angle that Notre Dame covered with. To me, that's the nail in the coffin for his integrity--the only way he could have salvaged himself was to come clean about the whole thing. Unfortunately, he did not do that.

He's undraftable at this point IMO.

Is dead spin not one of them sites like the onion? I thought you couldn't believe anything on it?

iggyman555 Guest

so whats the real story with him, gay?

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/64902446/1...-rome-show.htm