Page 46 of 333 FirstFirst ... 4445464748 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I went back and watched some more film of Margus Hunt and honestly, that guy could be something pretty special. It is rare to see a guy his size with that kind of explosion and strength. IMO he is going to sneak up into the 1st round. The Ravens might consider him as a DE.

That said - I do not think he is a fantastic prospect in a 3-4 5-technique position. I think he really is more of a 4-3 left end/pass rusher.

I could see some 3-4 teams looking at him as a 3-4 rush linebacker though. His qualities are length and quickness. Supposedly he can run a 4.7 40-yard dash.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 12-25-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I went back and watched some more film of Margus Hunt and honestly, that guy could be something pretty special. It is rare to see a guy his size with that kind of explosion and strength. IMO he is going to sneak up into the 1st round. The Ravens might consider him as a DE.

That said - I do not think he is a fantastic prospect in a 3-4 5-technique position. I think he really is more of a 4-3 left end/pass rusher.

I could see some 3-4 teams looking at him as a 3-4 rush linebacker though. His qualities are length and quickness. Supposedly he can run a 4.7 40-yard dash.

I like him too, but he's too raw for a first round pick IMO. I'd consider him in the 2nd/3rd rounds. Ozzie and Decosta have him on their radar though supposedly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

I like him too, but he's too raw for a first round pick IMO. I'd consider him in the 2nd/3rd rounds. Ozzie and Decosta have him on their radar though supposedly.
    I'd hope so. The guy has tremendous upside.

Frankly, he is - IMO - easily the 5th or 6th best DE prospect in this draft. I'd be stoked if the Ravens drafted him. Maybe not a 1st...but I wouldnt shed a tear if they did. Especially if guys like Fisher and Lewan are gone.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Frankly, he is - IMO - easily the 5th or 6th best DE prospect in this draft. I'd be stoked if the Ravens drafted him. Maybe not a 1st...but I wouldnt shed a tear if they did. Especially if guys like Fisher and Lewan are gone.

I don't think he's quite as good as guys like Dion Jordan or Ansah.

I guess my problem with him is that he is already 25 years old. I'm always a little leary of drafting anyone 25 and older. Heck, we drafted Pitta who was 25 and he is coming into his own but he's already 28 isn't he? I'd like someone younger so we can possibly hold him longer if he turns out to be a keeper.

We gotta get a sure thing, difference maker in the 1st. We just gotta. Lowwwww risk please
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

7. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    We gotta get a sure thing, difference maker in the 1st. We just gotta. Lowwwww risk please
    That is going to mean trading up... we haven't done so well in the late 20s the past few years. It seems we think we have someone, then the Patriots always seem to screw us over somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't forget about Shayne Skov either, he's came back pretty strong after his ACL, someone to target in the second round.
    FYI...Skov has asked for another year of eligibility, so if granted he will return to school.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    That is going to mean trading up... we haven't done so well in the late 20s the past few years. It seems we think we have someone, then the Patriots always seem to screw us over somehow.
    And I'm okay with that if we land Fisher, but genrally you might be right...depending upon how far we go in January. Still, I think the three 2nd rounders is a very good scenario for us in this draft.

Honestly I'm going to be pissed if we trade up. Throwing an entire draft for one player is absurd given the amount of holes and lack of formidable depth players. Teo is great but this draft is deep the areas we need most. Dline lb and s.

That would probably be a top 5-10 trade up, so yeah way too far/too much.
    Joeckel would cost just as much, maybe more.
    If Fisher is the target...much less.
    If we could get KC's Albert in the open market for LT then what do we do in April? Stay at 20-something or move down?

Post season cuts and our FA signings will tell us a lot.

Completely agree PBR. Don't really know much about Albert but I hear he's a good not great LT that shouldn't break the bank. Ill pass on long and clash isn't leaving Denver, they have to keep manning healthy. Everything depends on where were picking in the 20s. There's always a stud that drops, last year it was upshaw. I think if we can get a chance warmack staying where we are if lewan , fisher are gone and there's not a big drop off in talent then that's good value. But odds are well be at a spot where the value is same. Honestly as long as we get players with upside I'm happy. If there's any draft to reverse your fortune it's this one. Every position we need this draft is deep in