Page 76 of 333 FirstFirst ... 7475767778 ... LastLast
    And Jones throws a horrible INT. Question answered.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Maybe. But one thing to remember about Wilson is first and foremost he has a canon on his shoulder.
    Manziel's deep ball's looking pretty good to my eye, though.

Blog Entries
    Landry Jones is looking sharp. Why has stock on him dropped so much?
    He had kind of inconsistent start. Plus, he has the stigma of coming from Oklahoma. Their QB's havent exactly lit the NFL on fire lately.

I think he would be a great depth/grooming QB for a team like Dallas, New Orleans, or Houston.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Brown looked really small to me. Some small guys look like could hold up in a 3/4, but I didn't come away last night feeling that way.

I wasn't really impressed to be honest.
    Yea...I think we saw why he is a borderline 3rd rounder. He is productive, but I dont know that he would be productive in Baltimore. I think he could be very good in a cover-2 D with a 4-3 front 7. Chicago, Cinci, or even Detroit coukd be good fits.

After watching Brown, I am more impressed with Khaseem Greene out of Rutgers.

Ryan Swope has some good hands. I think he's gonna go earlier than most have him projected.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Ryan Swope has some good hands. I think he's gonna go earlier than most have him projected.
    Big fan of Swope. He runs nice routes and plucks the ball out of the air. Above average speed and quickness. He is a lot like Brian Hartline down in Miami or a more athletic Jason Avant.

7. Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Is Oklahoma's Kenny Stills coming out? If so, thoughts?

I recall him playing a little vs ND I believe it was.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post

Nice hands-catcher, but for his size (6' 189lbs) I really wish he was quicker/faster than what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Nice hands-catcher, but for his size (6' 189lbs) I really wish he was quicker/faster than what he is.
    Kenny Stills is a low-ceiling player, but I think he also has a pretty high floor. He has a little physicality and run after the catch ability, and his hands are pretty reliable. He doesn't really do anything all that great but he doesn't have any glaring flaws in his game and he runs a full route tree and can line up outside or in the slot. I basically see Stills as a less physical Anquan Boldin, and that's fine for a mid-to-late round pick.

Ryan Swope is a very similar prospect, but I like him more than Stills. I'd be happy with either in the 4th or 5th, but I'd prefer Swope... he had a really, really good game against Oklahoma last night. Very telling that even with Mike Evans emerging for A&M this year as a true freshman, when they wanted to convert a 4th and 5 they went to Swope and he broke it for a TD. That's the kind of player he is.

Blog Entries

Meshak Williams out of Kansas State. Looks to be that tweener like guy 6-3 245# was making alot of plays in the Fiesta Bowl. According to draft scout and such ranked 21st of OLB/DE's. Could be a good midlle to late round pick up. Know his name has been mentioned in this thread before but not going through 40 whatever pages,lol. Maybe Kruger's replacement? Thoughts by anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Meshak Williams out of Kansas State. Looks to be that tweener like guy 6-3 245# was making alot of plays in the Fiesta Bowl. According to draft scout and such ranked 21st of OLB/DE's. Could be a good midlle to late round pick up. Know his name has been mentioned in this thread before but not going through 40 whatever pages,lol. Maybe Kruger's replacement? Thoughts by anyone?
    I only referred to him as "[Brown's] unit mate" above in post #890 IIRC...but yes, he did look sharp in Tempe. Will go back on Brown's film and watch Williams now heh.

Landry Jones is looking sharp. Why has stock on him dropped so much?
    I trust Gary Danielson's analysis on players' technique, and he has commented a few times this year on Jones' very questionable pocket awareness and decision making when things begin to break down. I saw it earlier in the year, but I did not watch last night's game.