Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
Injury history only bothers me if it's something with a chance to recur because of the prior injury. If it's just a bunch of disconnected things, like sprains, stingers, etc., those could happen to anybody any time, even guys who have never been hurt before. Off the top of my head I can't think of any future concerns about a recurrence of anything with him, but then again, I can't really recall what his past injuries were. Is there anything he's had that might be something to worry about down the line?
broken thumbs, ankle sprains, elbow i believe, but the one with cause for concern and made him miss the most time last year was hamstrings which can certainly be problematic. i tend do agree its worth the gamble (because he didnt have a flair up this year and played through other injuries) but it is a legitimate debate.

Sidenote: i just read an article about the steelers cap issues and i must say, as much concern as we have around here, im glad we dont have their philosophy. 100 million invested in their top 10 cap hits vs us at roughly 69 (even if you assume Flacco were still much better off). Definitely not the way to go about it when talking restructures.