Page 23 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Ozzie has a HUGE offseason to deal with when this season over.

Depth is a huge...HUGE problem.
    Agreed. This team has too many bloated contracts for players who aren't doing squat, particularly guys over the age of 30. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Matt Birk, Anquan Boldin... all should be gone. Ngata has a huge contract he's not living up to. Suggs only gets more expensive in the last few years of his deal. Not suggesting Ngata and Suggs should be gone but their contracts might need a looking at.

They need to free up a lot of money and make a lot of aggressive moves to rebuild this team. The Flacco contract situation is just impossible to even think about... what are they gonna do for this guy? Do they even WANT to move forward with him? I don't know. I don't want the Ravens to take a chance on something uncertain in the draft, but I just don't know anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Agreed. This team has too many bloated contracts for players who aren't doing squat, particularly guys over the age of 30. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Matt Birk, Anquan Boldin... all should be gone. Ngata has a huge contract he's not living up to. Suggs only gets more expensive in the last few years of his deal. Not suggesting Ngata and Suggs should be gone but their contracts might need a looking at.

They need to free up a lot of money and make a lot of aggressive moves to rebuild this team. The Flacco contract situation is just impossible to even think about... what are they gonna do for this guy? Do they even WANT to move forward with him? I don't know. I don't want the Ravens to take a chance on something uncertain in the draft, but I just don't know anymore.
    Haloti can't do much when he's surrounded by undrafted players and Terrence Cody. Suggs will be back strong next year, and will hopefully get healthy.

I really think they clean house next year, franchise Flacco, and try to restock in the draft. We have to many holes
    to fill. Could be a down year next year. I hate to say it, but I think this is all your going to get out of Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Ozzie has a HUGE offseason to deal with when this season over.

Depth is a huge...HUGE problem.
    I agree 100%

The Ravens are going to have some tough choices to make regarding personnel. Ozzie made some a couple years ago and I have faith he will again.

Most important of all they need to have a more productive draft. I tend to agree with WickedSolo that even though we have many holes to fill, we need to move up and get a impact player on either the Oline or Dline. That is a must IMO. This team is losing in the trenches and thats the FIRST thing that needs to be fixed.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensghost View Post
    I really think they clean house next year, franchise Flacco, and try to restock in the draft. We have to many holes
    to fill. Could be a down year next year. I hate to say it, but I think this is all your going to get out of Flacco.
    Flacco is not worth 14 million, I wouldn't even franchise him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If that's the case then what is your plan at QB?

Yeah that's a lot of money for an average QB. The Ravens are in a very tough situation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What's the plan if an average QB is eating up all of the cap room and makes it impossible for us to improve the team player wise? I am thinking either draft a QB in the second round, and maybe make a play for Alex Smith, who will be a lot cheaper than Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The team is really over a barrel here. It'd be nice to have the luxury of evaluating Flacco for a year in a new offensive system, but you only get that with the tag and that's 14 million off your cap. Is Flacco worth that? I don't know anymore.

At this point, Flacco's contract should look like Matt Schaub's... 5 years, 66 million. No more than that, IMO. But do you even want to commit that much? I gotta say, maybe I'm overreacting to this last game, but I am losing my faith in Flacco VERY quickly.

I dunno. There aren't any day 1 starters in the draft or free agency, so the team's hands may be tied.

Blog Entries

What's the plan if an average QB is eating up all of the cap room and makes it impossible for us to improve the team player wise? I am thinking either draft a QB in the second round, and maybe make a play for Alex Smith, who will be a lot cheaper than Flacco.
    We don't have Jim Harbaugh him to design an O that Alex Smith can run efficiently.

Blog Entries

Would SD be open to any offers for Philip Rivers by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    With a low tender on Dickson, anyone signing him would give us a 3rd rounder (since that is the 2010 round in which Ed was drafted).
    The Rams could use a TE and with 2 1st rounders, the impact of trading away a 3rd is lessened.
    Of course, they could just go ahead a draft Eifert or Fauria in the 2nd.

KC could also use a better target for Geno Smith...especially with their crappy #2 WR production, #1 TE's injury history, and the prospect of not re-signing Bowe. Their 2nd round pick could go to Woods, Hunter, Patterson, whomever. A better move than taking Eifert or Fauria IMO
    Nobody would give Dickson a contract and give up a 3rd round pick, not a chance. I think at most they could get a 6th or 7th round pick which would be smart for a guy that still has talent and could be a productive 2nd TE