Page 162 of 333 FirstFirst ... 160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 1,933 to 1,944 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    reddick in what round though? His stocks all over the place. He has all the tools, and if he could have came out last year he would have been a second round pick, but he had a very poor year.

I wouldn't be mad at eifert, but that would mean to Matt Elam. Noooooooo
    With 18.5 TFLs, 6.5 sacks, 2 FFs and 6 PDs he didn't have a poor 2012, it was just below [seemly high] expectations. I figure his value as mid-3rd; his size, athleticism and Combine speed (sub 4.6, I'm thinking if he's healthy) will attract many. I think he's suffering from a bit of conference bias when I read many of the "professional" opinions on him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    With 18.5 TFLs, 6.5 sacks, 2 FFs and 6 PDs he didn't have a poor 2012, it was just below [seemly high] expectations. I figure his value as mid-3rd; his size, athleticism and Combine speed (sub 4.6, I'm thinking if he's healthy) will attract many. I think he's suffering from a bit of conference bias when I read many of the "professional" opinions on him.
    well, yea poor by his standards. Would you rather have him in the third, minter 1, brown 2? Is there really 1 or 2 rounds difference in performance?

So now I have another notion that I can't shake.

My 1st notion comes from late Nov/early Dec...we select Tyler Eifert if he's on the board.
    2nd...for the last two weeks, I can't seem to shake the idea that Kevin Reddick is coming to town.

These aren't predictions. Just some gut feelings.
    I got the same gut feeling on the TE=either Ertz or Eifert based on the new offense and 2 TE's that are RFA this year and UFA's next. It's a TE league now. Trade Dickson in a package with a pick to move up a few slots sounds good, plus dont have to pay his 1.3 tender offsets your rookie salary for your first round selection. I would really like to select Tate out of Maryland, he could be a good Hybrid LB/S type ideal for covering TE's and perfect for special teams, a really good athelete, just needs a good system and stay healthy. Last time Ravens won SB, they drafted a TE as well. Ertz or Efiert are great value and immediate contributors in both the passing game, Redzone and run game as blockers and affords Pitta to play more in the slot or line up wide( like Heap use to at times)

reddick in what round though? His stocks all over the place. He has all the tools, and if he could have came out last year he would have been a second round pick, but he had a very poor year.

I wouldn't be mad at eifert, but that would mean to Matt Elam. Noooooooo
    They still with all the comp picks, trade thier 2nd rounder and a combination of late round picks plus a player to move up in the second round to select Elam or Reid for S, they got options with all these comp picks( but I know they cant trade them, but can trade thier slotted pick) 11 picks= means trade... no way they take 11 guys.

well, yea poor by his standards. Would you rather have him in the third, minter 1, brown 2? Is there really 1 or 2 rounds difference in performance?
    I always find post-1st round placement tricky tbh, but I figure there's a log-jam within the ILB board after Minter and Te'o.

In the "three 2nds" scenario that we've batted around for several weeks, I'd love a Short, Greene, and Wheaton trio...realizing that the latter two may be stretches and Short might be gone come 33, 34, 37 whichever. It's possible though that we stay at #32 and take an Elam or Short, but still manufacture a high 3rd (so 32, 64 and 70, for example) and then Elam, B Williams and Reddick looks pretty good. Although in the latter scenario Minter, B Williams and Wheaton is a reasonable possibility.

Blog Entries

I could see Reddick in the bottom of round 2.

6'3" 245lbs...runs well...big hitter...not bad in space (better than who we have)...can play in multiple schemes...

I like Reddick in round 2. But I like Minter more if he drops.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Greg Jennings to the Dolphins seems more and more likely every day.

We're picking 32nd muthafuqas!!!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries
    We're picking 32nd muthafuqas!!!
    Word.

I've got a pre-combine edition coming out in the next day or so. 5 rounds.

Draft a stud offensive lineman, then focus the rest of the draft on defense.

Blog Entries
    Wont be a stud lineman at 32.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wont be a stud lineman at 32.

I agree...their best move is probably to re-sign McKinnie to a deal just like we did Birk and get a developmental guy.

This draft has to be VERY defense heavy IMHO...we REALLY need some speed.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.