Page 6 of 333 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    My head would explode if they target an RB with Pierce on the roster. RBs are a dime a dozen and you certainly don't have to take one in an early round.
    They won't.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

As far as the draft i think the biggest needs are NT, ILB, FS and LT. I'd go with this or a variation of it.

1. NT Loius Nix
    2. LB Arthur Brown
    3. FS Baccari Rambo
    4. OT Ricky Wagner

Fill out the rest of the draft with BPA and trying to get more athletic on defense in the front 7.

With regards to the cap i think cutting Mcclain and Birk, approaching Boldin about a pay cut, and restructing and extending Jacoby(stealing wicked's idea lol) would be the way to go. The bigger elephant in the room would be Ray Lewis, obviously his play wont be worth a 7.3 cap number but when he comes back can he play well enough that when you add that to the intangible could the Ravens foot the bill one more season? yet to be determined.

I'd try to resign Kruger at the right price, resign Ellerbe and at this point i think i'd let Ed walk unless he's willing to take significantly less then what he's used to making and honestly i think this is a prime year to get a good FS prospect to replace him such as Rambo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    As far as the draft i think the biggest needs are NT, ILB, FS and LT. I'd go with this or a variation of it.

1. NT Loius Nix
    2. LB Arthur Brown
    3. FS Baccari Rambo
    4. OT Ricky Wagner

Fill out the rest of the draft with BPA and trying to get more athletic on defense in the front 7.

With regards to the cap i think cutting Mcclain and Birk, approaching Boldin about a pay cut, and restructing and extending Jacoby(stealing wicked's idea lol) would be the way to go. The bigger elephant in the room would be Ray Lewis, obviously his play wont be worth a 7.3 cap number but when he comes back can he play well enough that when you add that to the intangible could the Ravens foot the bill one more season? yet to be determined.

I'd try to resign Kruger at the right price, resign Ellerbe and at this point i think i'd let Ed walk unless he's willing to take significantly less then what he's used to making and honestly i think this is a prime year to get a good FS prospect to replace him such as Rambo.
    Would love to see Louis Nix.

However, big time Golden Domer fans don't think he'll come out this year since he is a RS Sophomore. Probably next year.

However, I'd like to direct everyone's attention to Kapron Lewis-Moore. He is ND's 3-4 DE. He isn't an incredible player, but he's a solid contributor as a 5-tech DE and is a good player against the run. He's got good size (6'4" 305lbs) and plays with good technique. Because he isn't a physical specimen, I'd be surprised if he went before the 2nd round, so he might be a good guy to look at in rounds 3 and 4. He is also highly intelligent, a hard worker, and a great locker room guy.
    http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/m..._kapron00.html

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

However, big time Golden Domer fans don't think he'll come out this year since he is a RS Sophomore. Probably next year.

However, I'd like to direct everyone's attention to Kapron Lewis-Moore. He is ND's 3-4 DE. He isn't an incredible player, but he's a solid contributor as a 5-tech DE and is a good player against the run. He's got good size (6'4" 305lbs) and plays with good technique. Because he isn't a physical specimen, I'd be surprised if he went before the 2nd round, so he might be a good guy to look at in rounds 3 and 4. He is also highly intelligent, a hard worker, and a great locker room guy.
    I like him , i watched the ND-USC game mainly to look at Nix but ended up noticing him.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    There are some interesting mid draft ILB who have some potential such as Skov (Stan), Minter (LSU), Mauti (Penn St) and Nico Johnson from Bama who I am actually quite big on (I watch a lot of Bama)
    Skov is seeking an additional year of eligibility, so he may be staying.
    Mauti jacked his knee up and may be too risky even on day 3...since the position is such a need.
    Good players though. I haven't ranked the group just yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Skov is seeking an additional year of eligibility, so he may be staying.
    Mauti jacked his knee up and may be too risky even on day 3...since the position is such a need.
    Good players though. I haven't ranked the group just yet.
    Nico Johnson is interesting. I've always liked him, but he's not as athletic as you'd like to see. I.e., how is he going to do in space in coverage? We REALLY need a linebacker who can cover. In that regard, Arthur Brown and/or Alec Ogletree may be the best options.

I also really like Kevin Minter. That dude is ferocious.

I like Johnathan Hankins better than Nix anyway mainly because he is versatile. A guy like Terrence Cody is only going to be able to play NT but Hankins is able to move around the line.

But he's a guy who might be a little out of our reach at top 20

I think Tavon Austin would be a great talent to have in Baltimore. He's a Welker type with a lot more athleticism. He'd be a great guy to stick in the slot and absolutely burn any LB that happens to be put on him. I know the team has put a lot into the WR position but considering Boldin may be cut if he won't take a pay-cut, they might be in the market for a 3rd WR.

He also would be a good value in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    I think Tavon Austin would be a great talent to have in Baltimore. He's a Welker type with a lot more athleticism. He'd be a great guy to stick in the slot and absolutely burn any LB that happens to be put on him. I know the team has put a lot into the WR position but considering Boldin may be cut if he won't take a pay-cut, they might be in the market for a 3rd WR.

He also would be a good value in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    I actually think Tavon Austin could very well be the top receiver taken in this draft. He's stupid fast, has good hands, runs good routes, can return kicks and punts, can line up in the backfield...when you look at the success of a Randall Cobb or a Darren Sproles, then I think you could easily see lots of teams clamoring for Austin early on in the draft. If he was 6'3" instead of 5'9", he'd likely be a hands down top 10 pick.

Regarding Hankins - I too like him, but there is no way the Ravens would have a shot at him. He's going to be a top 10 pick. Jon Jenkins out of Georgia is a possibility.

However, I really think that the Ravens are either going to go for Ogletree, Mosley, or an offensive lineman like Barrett Jones, Jon Cooper, or Chance Warmack in round 1.

I actually think Tavon Austin could very well be the top receiver taken in this draft. He's stupid fast, has good hands, runs good routes, can return kicks and punts, can line up in the backfield...when you look at the success of a Randall Cobb or a Darren Sproles, then I think you could easily see lots of teams clamoring for Austin early on in the draft. If he was 6'3" instead of 5'9", he'd likely be a hands down top 10 pick.

Regarding Hankins - I too like him, but there is no way the Ravens would have a shot at him. He's going to be a top 10 pick. Jon Jenkins out of Georgia is a possibility.

However, I really think that the Ravens are either going to go for Ogletree, Mosley, or an offensive lineman like Barrett Jones, Jon Cooper, or Chance Warmack in round 1.
    I think McCluster is a good foil for Austin and he was picked in the beginning of the 2nd round. You might be right. Talent wise he's probably one of the best receivers but I'm sure some teams will be scared by his height. But he's Welker on steroids.

I love Tavon Austin, it's just the more i see this defense i dont think we would be able to justify picking him as high as we'd have to pick him to get him. I'd love a slot guy like him though, i've been meaning to research to see if there are any later round gadget type guys available. Those guys are drive extender i.e. Andrew Hawkins w/the Bengals.

Blog Entries

Stedman Bailey might be an interesting choice in the 3rd or 4th rounds.