Page 30 of 333 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

While i dont think it's a huge need i think a vet corner for a modest deal should be obtained, we dont know if Webb is gonna come back and be the Webb of old to start, could use a little insurance

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    So who else is a fan of Daryl Smith?
    I am a huge fan. You can go back and dig up my posts on this thread from months ago where I called for the Ravens to go out in FA and sign 1) Kenny Phillips, 2) Daryl Smith, and/or 3) Terrence Knighton/Ricky Jean Francois/Randy Starks/Tony McDaniel/etc. I would prefer them in that order of need.

Daryl Smith is one of the most underrated players in the entire league. He does everything really, really well. The downside with him is that he's 31 and we won't get more than maybe 4 years out of him, plus the Ravens have already crippled their cap over the years signing a bunch of 30+ year old defensive players. But still, the guy is a great player who would instantly be one of our top front 7 defenders.

The ILB situation is kind of up in the air though because I think Ellerbe has really been a beast when healthy. If the team believes he can stay healthy and he'll sign a cheap deal they really need to bring him back. There's also Jameel McClain, who isn't very good but I think we take a big cap hit to release him and don't save a lot of money.

Blog Entries

I like Daryl Smith as well.

I wouldn't overpay for a 31 year old LB though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I'm sticking by getting Dorsey in FA. as similar numbers to Redding and sorry but Jones/McPhee have proven not to be starters. They are both situational guys and depth and thats it.

That eliminates the need for a DE.

I said Bushrod at LT because I don't see the Saints poning up for him, and he will be cheaper than Clady and etc... but I could be wrong. Maybe even go lower in the expectations land. Anyone will be better than Oher and I don't want to have to REACH for a LT in the draft.

I'd really rather focus on MLB and FS in the first 2 rounds, maybe get a one trick pony like Kruger in the 3rd to come in for Upshaw in obvious pass situations. We should get a supp 3rd also so that can be another WR. After that start plugging in the rest of our holes and depth issues.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I'm sticking by getting Dorsey in FA. as similar numbers to Redding and sorry but Jones/McPhee have proven not to be starters. They are both situational guys and depth and thats it.

I said Bushrod at LT because I don't see the Saints poning up for him, and he will be cheaper than Clady and etc... but I could be wrong. Maybe even go lower in the expectations land. Anyone will be better than Oher and I don't want to have to REACH for a LT in the draft.

I'd really rather focus on MLB and FS in the first 2 rounds, maybe get a one trick pony like Kruger in the 3rd to come in for Upshaw in obvious pass situations. We should get a supp 3rd also so that can be another WR. After that start plugging in the rest of our holes and depth issues.
    IDK if you are trolling about Dorsey, but I'd much rather have Art Jones and McPhee over the biggest under achiever in recent history. McPhee has had a season and a half to prove him self, and so far he has shown that he has a future as a starter in this league, while being hurt this year, that's what I've seen of him, IDK why you think he's nothing more than a depth player. He has shown way more than that for a second year 5th round pick IMO.

Blog Entries

I can understand why you'd say that about McPhee, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt considering he has been hampered with injury all season long.

However, I 100% disagree with you about Art Jones. He got off to a slow start this year, but the past 5 or 6 games he has probably been the Ravens' best defensive lineman. He generates a nice interior pass rush and he does a solid job against the run. Considering Cody and Kemo are almost always non-factors and Ngata really hasn't been the same in quite a while, Art's performance and progression has been a nice surprise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    IDK if you are trolling about Dorsey, but I'd much rather have Art Jones and McPhee over the biggest under achiever in recent history. McPhee has had a season and a half to prove him self, and so far he has shown that he has a future as a starter in this league, while being hurt this year, that's what I've seen of him, IDK why you think he's nothing more than a depth player. He has shown way more than that for a second year 5th round pick IMO.
    Not trolling at all. Just a cheap vet fa pickup with a ton of talent. He's averaged about 20 more tackles per year than Redding gave us along with about the same amount of sacks, maybe 1 less per year, also averaged more tackles for a loss than Redding did.

Essentially he averages what both Jones and McPhee have totalled for this season, although I will say Jones has stepped up in sacks, which was originally thought of as McPhee's territory. But whatever.

Blog Entries

I think Glenn Dorsey would be a right player/right price scenario. He is solid, but isn't so incredible that he can ask for the moon.

The discussion is a few pages old, but for a late round QB target, I really like Sean Renfree out of Duke.

Great size, good arm, decent mobility. Put up excellent numbers considering the lack of talent he had around him.

He was also coached by one of the best QB developers there is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    The discussion is a few pages old, but for a late round QB target, I really like Sean Renfree out of Duke.

Great size, good arm, decent mobility. Put up excellent numbers considering the lack of talent he had around him.

He was also coached by one of the best QB developers there is.
    Good point. I like their wide receiver as well.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Blog Entries

Just watch McPhee become the next pro bowl Raven, I have money on it. I think he could well become a similar player to what Darnell Docket is.

Blog Entries

Not trolling at all. Just a cheap vet fa pickup with a ton of talent. He's averaged about 20 more tackles per year than Redding gave us along with about the same amount of sacks, maybe 1 less per year, also averaged more tackles for a loss than Redding did.

Essentially he averages what both Jones and McPhee have totalled for this season, although I will say Jones has stepped up in sacks, which was originally thought of as McPhee's territory. But whatever.
    McPhee has spent half the year injured, while Art Jones has only been a starter for some games. Not hard to put up better stats than players that are injured or rotational players when your an every down starter for a team that has it's defense out on the field 80 % of the time.