I know there was one posted a while back, but it's a little dated, so I thought we could start a new one in light of today. I don't expect anything out of this team now, won't be surprised if we lose out the injuries we have.

The first big point is Joe Flacco.

Do we resign, let go, or franchise tag. That's the big question. To me the most likely scenario is tag him for the year, and bring in a new OC to see what he can do in a legit offense. That will be 14 million in salary cap... gone. That means quite a few players are going to have to be asked to walk.

Jameel McClain hasn't backed that contract up, I think he'll be cut.
Matt Birk should just retire
Bobbie Williams will retire or get cut
Ray Lewis is up in the air, I'd personally like him to return for one more year
AnQuan Boldin could be a cap casualty, I would hate for it to happen, but it's possible if Ozzie really wants to rebuild the D.

Some others could be gone too.

My next point is Ed Reed, what do we do with him if he decides not to retire. Do we resign him? The franchise tag will not be a luxury we can use if Flacco gets tagged. I will shed a tear or two if he departs from Bmore, I really wanted to see him win a ring with us, after all he's done for us, such a sad thing.

Paul Kruger has potential, it all depends on how much he demands. IMO, we sign him to a fairly cheap deal, if he wants more, let him go because he hasn't proven him self to bean every down player.

There are other guys like Arthur Jones, Dennis Pitta, and Terrence Cody who we'll probably have to use a tender on. Shouldn't be a big deal.

Then we come onto the more favorable discussion on who we sign in FA and who we draft...

It's a defensive deep draft, not much in the way of offensive skilled positions. The FA market isn't very deep this year, but there are some players we could potentially have a shot at.

Frankly I don't want another year like this for a while, we are 9-4, but it reminds me a lot of 2007, very depressing. Thank god the rugby team I play for, are doing well this year, as well as England rugby doing well beating the All blacks the other week, or I'd be a manic depressant right now :D.

Discuss.